You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Southern Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you get a supplement or interview yet or is this just from your primary amcas application?Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
D
deleted1113780
PrimaryDid you get a supplement or interview yet or is this just from your primary amcas application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spectroscopy12
Full Member
+1 :/Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
+1, I'm from Chicago suburbs, had a score higher than average too....Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
+ 1Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
Are you from Central/SOuthern Illinois?Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
D
deleted1113780
No, I am from the southwest suburbs outside of Chicago.Are you from Central/SOuthern Illinois?
jmr75
Full Member
Maybe try emailing admissions your strong ties to Southern Illinois? You never know! 🙂Damn just got the email too. I am from Northwest suburbs of Chicago but my entire family is in Southern Illinois and I was hoping to get a chance to share that info in a secondary but I guess I will not be able to now.
The decision by the Committee has resulted in your status as a SCREENERS ALTERNATE.
Applicants placed into this category have not been selected to receive the Supplementary Application at this time. Although this alternate status does not give you a high probability of acceptance.
Basically a rejection. GL everyone else
Applicants placed into this category have not been selected to receive the Supplementary Application at this time. Although this alternate status does not give you a high probability of acceptance.
Basically a rejection. GL everyone else
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
+1Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate 🙁
jmr75
Full Member
II received today! Looks like they're doing all virtual.IS secondary received! Southern Illinois resident
Secondary received today. Chicago south suburban, south of I-80 resident. AMCAS verified on 6/10.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They switched to virtual? They haven’t notified me hahaII received today! Looks like they're doing all virtual.
jmr75
Full Member
I think it was a very recent decision, I know a lot of the admissions team was called to the Springfield campus because they missed the white coat ceremony in Carbondale last Friday the 13th. They might reach out to you, or maybe you’re at a certain cutoff point and you and a few others will do in person before they switch to virtual. I’m sure they’ll let everyone knowThey switched to virtual? They haven’t notified me haha
D
deleted1095025
+1 except NW suburbs. Verified 6/23Secondary received today. Chicago south suburban, south of I-80 resident. AMCAS verified on 6/10.
I got the secondary yesterday! Verified 6/15 or so? Acknowledged 6/28.Southern IL, alum of a southern IL school as well and nothing yet, was acknowledged on 6/28. I’m worried because last cycle I intended to apply, but then a lot happened in my life and I didn’t get to withdraw before it was verified. I honestly forgot I had sent them a primary. I’m hoping I’m not poisoned, but being a reapplicant to one school is not necessarily the end of the world.
II just received! Virtual interviews and scheduling based on my availability. Verified 6/10, Secondary invite 8/18.
Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?
Not yet. Gave them my dates on 8/24, but assuming it may take awhile. Another school invited me in late July and I still don’t have a confirmed date. Thinking I’d give them maybe 3 or 4 weeks and then I’d touch base. They did reply confirming they got my dates of open availability.Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?
Interesting I never got an email from siu confirming my dates. I think I’ll reach out and touch base. Thanks for the info!Not yet. Gave them my dates on 8/24, but assuming it may take awhile. Another school invited me in late July and I still don’t have a confirmed date. Thinking I’d give them maybe 3 or 4 weeks and then I’d touch base. They did reply confirming they got my dates of open availability.
My confirmation was sent a little over a week before my official date.Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?
Last edited:
jmr75
Full Member
Same, sent my dates a couple weeks ago, got a confirmation they received them, but haven't been officially scheduled yet.Not yet. Gave them my dates on 8/24, but assuming it may take awhile. Another school invited me in late July and I still don’t have a confirmed date. Thinking I’d give them maybe 3 or 4 weeks and then I’d touch base. They did reply confirming they got my dates of open availability.
jmr75
Full Member
Was scheduled for my virtual interviews today!Same, sent my dates a couple weeks ago, got a confirmation they received them, but haven't been officially scheduled yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What date did they give you? Curious to see how far out they are. When they sent the email they said they were scheduling starting next week, but thinking they are much farther out now.Was scheduled for my virtual interviews today!
jmr75
Full Member
They have me scheduled for September 16th, an interview at 11:00 and then another at 1:00What date did they give you? Curious to see how far out they are. When they sent the email they said they were scheduling starting next week, but thinking they are much farther out now.
Yes, I already interviewed in August as they got back to me the same day i sent them the dates.Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?
II received 8/24 and no date yet.II received 9/9! They haven’t given me a date yet but we will see.
edit: as of later this morning I received my date and interview info
Last edited:
Anyone else waiting on their letter after their interview?
Anyone else waiting on their letter after their interview?
I am, nothing in the mail today
I interview Tuesday. Keep us posted when you get your letter. Curious how long the process takes. Good luck!I am, nothing in the mail today
AWPA! Now we wait....🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1AWPA letter received today! My file was presented to the committee on October 12th -- so took about four days in the mail.
Did those of your receiving the AWPA letter also receive any electronic communication? My file was presented to the committee on the same day as above but I have not received snail-mail communication. Wondering if it got lost in the mail, as the communicated expectation was "a few days" after committee date. Debating whether/how to follow-up vs just send an update letter in a few more weeks if I haven't heard anything.
No additional communication outside the USPS letter. If you were presented to the committee on 10/12 and haven’t received any communication I’d reach out.Did those of your receiving the AWPA letter also receive any electronic communication? My file was presented to the committee on the same day as above but I have not received snail-mail communication. Wondering if it got lost in the mail, as the communicated expectation was "a few days" after committee date. Debating whether/how to follow-up vs just send an update letter in a few more weeks if I haven't heard anything.