2021-2022 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the email saying I was placed on the screeners alternate :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn just got the email too. I am from Northwest suburbs of Chicago but my entire family is in Southern Illinois and I was hoping to get a chance to share that info in a secondary but I guess I will not be able to now.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn just got the email too. I am from Northwest suburbs of Chicago but my entire family is in Southern Illinois and I was hoping to get a chance to share that info in a secondary but I guess I will not be able to now.
Maybe try emailing admissions your strong ties to Southern Illinois? You never know! :)

The decision by the Committee has resulted in your status as a SCREENERS ALTERNATE.

Applicants placed into this category have not been selected to receive the Supplementary Application at this time. Although this alternate status does not give you a high probability of acceptance.

Basically a rejection. GL everyone else

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I got the application acknowledgment email 7/12. Still haven’t heard anything either way yet. I guess that’s a good thing?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received today. Chicago south suburban, south of I-80 resident. AMCAS verified on 6/10.

Reactions: 1 users
They switched to virtual? They haven’t notified me haha
I think it was a very recent decision, I know a lot of the admissions team was called to the Springfield campus because they missed the white coat ceremony in Carbondale last Friday the 13th. They might reach out to you, or maybe you’re at a certain cutoff point and you and a few others will do in person before they switch to virtual. I’m sure they’ll let everyone know

Southern IL, alum of a southern IL school as well and nothing yet, was acknowledged on 6/28. I’m worried because last cycle I intended to apply, but then a lot happened in my life and I didn’t get to withdraw before it was verified. I honestly forgot I had sent them a primary. I’m hoping I’m not poisoned, but being a reapplicant to one school is not necessarily the end of the world.
I got the secondary yesterday! Verified 6/15 or so? Acknowledged 6/28.

II just received! Virtual interviews and scheduling based on my availability. Verified 6/10, Secondary invite 8/18.

Reactions: 3 users
Verified on 07/28, just received my secondary!

Reactions: 2 users
II just received! Application acknowledgment sent 6/28 and secondary invite sent 8/18

• Love
Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?

Has anyone who received an interview invite and sent in their four dates received a confirmation email or an email with any other interview information like an itinerary?
Not yet. Gave them my dates on 8/24, but assuming it may take awhile. Another school invited me in late July and I still don’t have a confirmed date. Thinking I’d give them maybe 3 or 4 weeks and then I’d touch base. They did reply confirming they got my dates of open availability.

Not yet. Gave them my dates on 8/24, but assuming it may take awhile. Another school invited me in late July and I still don’t have a confirmed date. Thinking I’d give them maybe 3 or 4 weeks and then I’d touch base. They did reply confirming they got my dates of open availability.
Interesting I never got an email from siu confirming my dates. I think I’ll reach out and touch base. Thanks for the info!

Secondary invite received today!! I'm really excited!

• Love
My confirmation was sent a little over a week before my official date.

Last edited:
Just finished my interview! Be prepared to speak in the other language that you note on your application (if you do)!! I spoke with my interviewer in Spanish for about an hour.

Last edited:
Same, sent my dates a couple weeks ago, got a confirmation they received them, but haven't been officially scheduled yet.

Same, sent my dates a couple weeks ago, got a confirmation they received them, but haven't been officially scheduled yet.
Was scheduled for my virtual interviews today!

• Love
Was scheduled for my virtual interviews today!
What date did they give you? Curious to see how far out they are. When they sent the email they said they were scheduling starting next week, but thinking they are much farther out now.

What date did they give you? Curious to see how far out they are. When they sent the email they said they were scheduling starting next week, but thinking they are much farther out now.
They have me scheduled for September 16th, an interview at 11:00 and then another at 1:00

Yes, I already interviewed in August as they got back to me the same day i sent them the dates.

Interview email recieved! They said they're scheduling for October 11th and out now.

• Love
II received 9/9! They haven’t given me a date yet but we will see.

II received 9/9! They haven’t given me a date yet but we will see.
II received 8/24 and no date yet.

edit: as of later this morning I received my date and interview info

Last edited:
Secondary submitted. Fingers crossed!!

Anyone else waiting on their letter after their interview?

I read that you should hear back within 5 weeks of your interview as to whether you are rejected or waitlisted (everyone spends time on the waitlist) and then they send out offers of acceptance in 3 batches in December, January, and March.

II received today!!! I am so happy and excited!!!

AWPA letter received today! My file was presented to the committee on October 12th -- so took about four days in the mail.

Did those of your receiving the AWPA letter also receive any electronic communication? My file was presented to the committee on the same day as above but I have not received snail-mail communication. Wondering if it got lost in the mail, as the communicated expectation was "a few days" after committee date. Debating whether/how to follow-up vs just send an update letter in a few more weeks if I haven't heard anything.

Did those of your receiving the AWPA letter also receive any electronic communication? My file was presented to the committee on the same day as above but I have not received snail-mail communication. Wondering if it got lost in the mail, as the communicated expectation was "a few days" after committee date. Debating whether/how to follow-up vs just send an update letter in a few more weeks if I haven't heard anything.
No additional communication outside the USPS letter. If you were presented to the committee on 10/12 and haven’t received any communication I’d reach out.