2021-2022 Southern Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I interview on November 17th, any advice or questions they asked during the interview? And congrats to the people on the AWPA list!
 
I interview on November 17th, any advice or questions they asked during the interview? And congrats to the people on the AWPA list!
I can't speak for other people's interviewers, but mine were very warm and open -- they were more like conversations instead of a structured interview and they genuinely were curious and just wanted to get to know me. The time flies by too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't speak for other people's interviewers, but mine were very warm and open -- they were more like conversations instead of a structured interview and they genuinely were curious and just wanted to get to know me. The time flies by too.
+1
 
I can't speak for other people's interviewers, but mine were very warm and open -- they were more like conversations instead of a structured interview and they genuinely were curious and just wanted to get to know me. The time flies by too.
Awesome, thanks!
 
Anyone else getting anxious waiting for December to roll around? Does anyone know how common it is to be waitlisted if you were one of the earlier interviewers (august/september) and hearing back in the first wave of decisions?
 
Anyone else getting anxious waiting for December to roll around? Does anyone know how common it is to be waitlisted if you were one of the earlier interviewers (august/september) and hearing back in the first wave of decisions?
I honestly forgot about this until you mentioned it lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long do the AWPA letters usually take to get after they review you? My committee date was Nov 23rd but I still haven't heard anything from them. They don't email right?
 
How long do the AWPA letters usually take to get after they review you? My committee date was Nov 23rd but I still haven't heard anything from them. They don't email right?
It took 3 days for my AWPA letter to arrive (reviewed on 10/12, mailed on 10/13, received on 10/16). My acceptance took 4 days to arrive d/t Thanksgiving (mailed on 11/22, received on 11/26). I'm in the south suburbs.

I'd email them. Someone else in the thread didn't receive their letter and emailed them to get a decision on their review. Good luck!
 
It took 3 days for my AWPA letter to arrive (reviewed on 10/12, mailed on 10/13, received on 10/16). My acceptance took 4 days to arrive d/t Thanksgiving (mailed on 11/22, received on 11/26). I'm in the south suburbs.

I'd email them. Someone else in the thread didn't receive their letter and emailed them to get a decision on their review. Good luck!
Did you get an email acceptance too?
 
Yes, emailed acceptance on 11/22.
Around what time of day did you get the acceptance email? I have a deposit at another school (which is $1000 non-refundable, hence the waiting) due Tuesday and I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and make the deposit or be patient a little longer
 
Around what time of day did you get the acceptance email? I have a deposit at another school (which is $1000 non-refundable, hence the waiting) due Tuesday and I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and make the deposit or be patient a little longer
Got the A email at 9A.

Unsolicited opinion: Due to SIU only releasing acceptances at certain times (Nov (right after Thanksgiving), end of Jan and end of Feb/beginning of March) and considering the first wave already went out, I'd pay the deposit if it's due soon. Unless you absolutely don't want to go to the other school.
 
Hi guys, just wondering if there is a group chat for students who are planning on going to SIU med next year? I saw other schools having this and was not sure if there was one yet.
 
Does anyone know from past cycles the approximate date for the January acceptances release? It all feels very vague
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know from past cycles the approximate date for the January acceptances release? It all feels very vague
The AWPA letter that I got said that they send out batches of acceptances in December, February, and March. Did yours say something different?
 
Can anyone that has already received an acceptance post their stats? I realize the app is more than stats but my stats are my only concern in my app and I'm trying to see where people are falling for the AWPA ranking.
 
Can anyone that has already received an acceptance post their stats? I realize the app is more than stats but my stats are my only concern in my app and I'm trying to see where people are falling for the AWPA ranking.
I understand the angst, but I think you will be better off just being patient than trying to piece together a ranked list that no one outside of the adcom knows how it’s constructed. Someone with a 3.3 and a 507 could very well be ranked above someone with a 3.9 and a 512.

No one has any control over where they are ranked and whether or not they are accepted. You’ve gotten this far and have done all you can at this point, so why worry about something you can’t control?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they actually said last Friday (01/28). So either there was a decision/committee delay and it should be this week or not a single person active on this forum was accepted this round, which seems highly unlikely.