2021-2022 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview on November 17th, any advice or questions they asked during the interview? And congrats to the people on the AWPA list!

I interview on November 17th, any advice or questions they asked during the interview? And congrats to the people on the AWPA list!
I can't speak for other people's interviewers, but mine were very warm and open -- they were more like conversations instead of a structured interview and they genuinely were curious and just wanted to get to know me. The time flies by too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for other people's interviewers, but mine were very warm and open -- they were more like conversations instead of a structured interview and they genuinely were curious and just wanted to get to know me. The time flies by too.
+1

Awesome, thanks!

Anyone else getting anxious waiting for December to roll around? Does anyone know how common it is to be waitlisted if you were one of the earlier interviewers (august/september) and hearing back in the first wave of decisions?

Anyone else getting anxious waiting for December to roll around? Does anyone know how common it is to be waitlisted if you were one of the earlier interviewers (august/september) and hearing back in the first wave of decisions?
I honestly forgot about this until you mentioned it lol

Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out? Do we think it's December or January?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out? Do we think it's December or January?
I believe the second half of the first batch goes out a few days after Thanksgiving. That's what I have gathered from past SIU threads

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed last week, app will be presented to adcom in Dec. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
+1 email acceptance this morning (interviewed 9/16)! Congrats to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
How do we send post-II updates to this school lol

I believe the second half of the first batch goes out a few days after Thanksgiving. That's what I have gathered from past SIU threads
I got an acceptance letter in my email on Dec 3--that might have been the second batch

• Love
How long do the AWPA letters usually take to get after they review you? My committee date was Nov 23rd but I still haven't heard anything from them. They don't email right?

How long do the AWPA letters usually take to get after they review you? My committee date was Nov 23rd but I still haven't heard anything from them. They don't email right?
It took 3 days for my AWPA letter to arrive (reviewed on 10/12, mailed on 10/13, received on 10/16). My acceptance took 4 days to arrive d/t Thanksgiving (mailed on 11/22, received on 11/26). I'm in the south suburbs.

I'd email them. Someone else in the thread didn't receive their letter and emailed them to get a decision on their review. Good luck!

It took 3 days for my AWPA letter to arrive (reviewed on 10/12, mailed on 10/13, received on 10/16). My acceptance took 4 days to arrive d/t Thanksgiving (mailed on 11/22, received on 11/26). I'm in the south suburbs.

I'd email them. Someone else in the thread didn't receive their letter and emailed them to get a decision on their review. Good luck!
Did you get an email acceptance too?

Yes, emailed acceptance on 11/22.
Around what time of day did you get the acceptance email? I have a deposit at another school (which is $1000 non-refundable, hence the waiting) due Tuesday and I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and make the deposit or be patient a little longer

Around what time of day did you get the acceptance email? I have a deposit at another school (which is $1000 non-refundable, hence the waiting) due Tuesday and I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and make the deposit or be patient a little longer
Got the A email at 9A.

Unsolicited opinion: Due to SIU only releasing acceptances at certain times (Nov (right after Thanksgiving), end of Jan and end of Feb/beginning of March) and considering the first wave already went out, I'd pay the deposit if it's due soon. Unless you absolutely don't want to go to the other school.

Hi guys, just wondering if there is a group chat for students who are planning on going to SIU med next year? I saw other schools having this and was not sure if there was one yet.

Hi guys, just wondering if there is a group chat for students who are planning on going to SIU med next year? I saw other schools having this and was not sure if there was one yet.
They’ll make a Facebook page in the spring as the incoming class fills up

Got the AWPA letter today!! I’m so excited and hope it turns into an A!

• Love
Does anyone know from past cycles the approximate date for the January acceptances release? It all feels very vague

Does anyone know from past cycles the approximate date for the January acceptances release? It all feels very vague
The AWPA letter that I got said that they send out batches of acceptances in December, February, and March. Did yours say something different?

Was on the "alternate list" for interview and rejected today. GL everyone.

Can anyone that has already received an acceptance post their stats? I realize the app is more than stats but my stats are my only concern in my app and I'm trying to see where people are falling for the AWPA ranking.

Can anyone that has already received an acceptance post their stats? I realize the app is more than stats but my stats are my only concern in my app and I'm trying to see where people are falling for the AWPA ranking.
I understand the angst, but I think you will be better off just being patient than trying to piece together a ranked list that no one outside of the adcom knows how it’s constructed. Someone with a 3.3 and a 507 could very well be ranked above someone with a 3.9 and a 512.

No one has any control over where they are ranked and whether or not they are accepted. You’ve gotten this far and have done all you can at this point, so why worry about something you can’t control?

Did everyone else still on the AWPA list get an invitation for the MD/MPH program?

I spoke with admin, it should be very soon.

Reactions: 2 users
So they actually said last Friday (01/28). So either there was a decision/committee delay and it should be this week or not a single person active on this forum was accepted this round, which seems highly unlikely.