-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
boutta pull up to brooklyn and find out frrrrrLast year it was on a Tuesday (~8pm) and the year before on a Wednesday (~10am)... hoping they follow a similar trend this year!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deadlykitten
New Member
naur, thats how u know u from brooklyn LMAOboutta pull up to brooklyn and find out frrrrr
applicant117
Full Member
I interviewed post Jan 1, that means im prob not hearing back this round right?
It's like they do Aug-Jan for seats, then another round in april after they figure out yield, then WL?
It's like they do Aug-Jan for seats, then another round in april after they figure out yield, then WL?
premed11801
Full Member
They said in the Feb chat that January interviewees can hear back this weekI interviewed post Jan 1, that means im prob not hearing back this round right?
It's like they do Aug-Jan for seats, then another round in april after they figure out yield, then WL?
applicant117
Full Member
awesome ty!
They said in the Feb chat that January interviewees can hear back this week
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Wait did they specifically mention this week? Because it could quite possibly be next week.They said in the Feb chat that January interviewees can hear back this week
They said this week 100%
Wait did they specifically mention this week? Because it could quite possibly be next week.
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
I was told in January that it would be Feb 21st but on MSAR it says decisions will start going out today. Currently doing my Hail Mary for good news and an A here. I just want to be able to breath and start working on the next steps.They said this week 100%
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Yeah when I emailed them, they said Feb 15th or 21st. Could be eitherI was told in January that it would be Feb 21st but on MSAR it says decisions will start going out today. Currently doing my Hail Mary for good news and an A here. I just want to be able to breath and start working on the next steps.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
New level activated: panic mode
premed11801
Full Member
In the student chat 2 weeks ago, they said they would start this week. So I hope they don’t change their minds 2 weeks later…Yeah when I emailed them, they said Feb 15th or 21st. Could be either
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
same, this my last school and im prating for a hail mary acceptance. good luck to youI was told in January that it would be Feb 21st but on MSAR it says decisions will start going out today. Currently doing my Hail Mary for good news and an A here. I just want to be able to breath and start working on the next steps.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
I will never understand why schools need to create so much suspense. Like just tell the date decisions will come out. What do they get out of causing so much anxiety?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also would love to know what takes so long... i know there's so many of us but dental, pharm, vet etc get have firmer deadlines and significantly quicker turnarounds. its been almost a year since I started applying and now I need to consider reapplying. anyway rant over.I will never understand why schools need to create so much suspense. Like just tell the date decisions will come out. What do they get out of causing so much anxiety?
I wonder if adcoms read SDN threads and bask in our anxietyI will never understand why schools need to create so much suspense. Like just tell the date decisions will come out. What do they get out of causing so much anxiety?
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Starting to lose hope that today is not the day.
Didn't they send it at 8pm last year?Starting to lose hope that today is not the day.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
I just checked. It went in waves between 5 pm and 9 pm. Wow, apparently they do it in waves to avoid the portal from crashing .Didn't they send it at 8pm last year?
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
time to start refreshing my emails while praying for an A for the next 4 hoursI just checked. It went in waves between 5 pm and 9 pm. Wow, apparently they do it in waves to avoid the portal from crashing .
MedSchoolHopeful2026
Full Member
Please let us know if you get an A y’all. Don’t stay silent like some of y’all did with interviews invites. We just want to be informed of what’s going on.
premed11801
Full Member
i think they started at 8pm last year
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
35 more min
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
anyone get anything? i got nothing
Nope nothing nada 🥶anyone get anything? i got nothing
premed11801
Full Member
I didn't get anything either
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Same. I have their entire portal memorized by nowI got something!!!!…. A headache smh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
i guess till the 21st we wait
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
I got something!!!!…. A headache smh
Gave me a heart attack here smh.
Something else that's pretty much a re-cap of the previous file if it gives anyone comfort.
Attachments
applicant117
Full Member
They arent trying to lol they just don't know! It's oneI will never understand why schools need to create so much suspense. Like just tell the date decisions will come out. What do they get out of causing so much anxiety?
I will never understand why schools need to create so much suspense. Like just tell the date decisions will come out. What do they get out of causing so
anyone get anything? i got not
You literally made me throw up LMAOI got something!!!!…. A headache smh
D
deleted1129200
HAHA SAMEThey arent trying to lol they just don't know! It's one
You literally made me throw up LMAO
Requireduser88
Full Member
Anyone have an idea of how many students they interview per year? I know they don't release this information out publicly 🙁
PreMed1786682
Full Member
And in 2021 the decision date was Feb 16th so 2+2= maybe decisions tomorrow which is the 16th AND a Wednesday? Love solving this wordleIn 2020 they released A's on the third Wednesday of the month around 10am... tomorrow's the third Wednesday... see y'all tomorrow🤪
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
we've been connecting too many dots here every day lol, lets hope ur right or im sure someone will pull some connection that its thursday. but truly, comments like these are what help me sleep at nightIn 2020 they released A's on the third Wednesday of the month around 10am... tomorrow's the third Wednesday... see y'all tomorrow🤪
thiswelp... see y'all tomorrow
![]()
beepbeep197
Full Member
We meet again, TheSmilethis
Hi guys 😳We meet again, TheSmile
beepbeep197
Full Member
@TheSmile and I stay up to sus in the same threads
@whataweirdo and I wake up early (ish) to sus in the same threads
NY schools don't know what's coming (if we get in lmao)
@whataweirdo and I wake up early (ish) to sus in the same threads
NY schools don't know what's coming (if we get in lmao)
Good morning 🤡Hi guys 😳
beepbeep197
Full Member
the curd queen!!! (Or royal)Good morning 🤡
My curd is still not right 🙁 i cooked it three times to thicken it. The butter still separates out so I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the recipe I used. But at least I created two things: delicious lemon butter and a yummy lemon sauce!
at least it survived the nyulisom massacre yesterday 😎the curd queen!!! (Or royal)
My curd is still not right 🙁 i cooked it three times to thicken it. The butter still separates out so I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the recipe I used. But at least I created two things: delicious lemon butter and a yummy lemon sauce!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nooo! gotta reheat super slow or it can separate. But happy to hear you got two delicious accidents out of it!the curd queen!!! (Or royal)
My curd is still not right 🙁 i cooked it three times to thicken it. The butter still separates out so I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the recipe I used. But at least I created two things: delicious lemon butter and a yummy lemon sauce!
Impressed by everyone who survived what nyulisom put us through yesterday and is still resilient enough to hold onto some hope and optimism through this process. Sending love!
beepbeep197
Full Member
Bro I didn't 😭😭😭at least it survived the nyulisom massacre yesterday 😎
applicant117
Full Member
Down BAD for DownstateGood morning 🤡
beepbeep197
Full Member
Is nothing happening? Rooting for you all 🤞🏽
(I have no II just here to feel something)
(I have no II just here to feel something)
lol I adore youIs nothing happening? Rooting for you all 🤞🏽
(I have no II just here to feel something)