2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any idea/thoughts on when people who interviewed in the last couple of weeks will hear back? I interviewed early last week and it's just such odd timing it's hard to know what to expect
 
Does anyone have any idea/thoughts on when people who interviewed in the last couple of weeks will hear back? I interviewed early last week and it's just such odd timing it's hard to know what to expect
So i also interviewed really late, and it feels like i have no skin in the game, but i think we might just need to hold out a little longer... maybe towards the end of May, which is what another SDNer had mentioned. :O 🙁
 
So i also interviewed really late, and it feels like i have no skin in the game, but i think we might just need to hold out a little longer... maybe towards the end of May, which is what another SDNer had mentioned. :O 🙁
I interviewed in mid jan and my interviewer was like 'ur grades arent good' which like lol yeah bro i know but ur interviewing me.. I wish there was some transparency around standing/information post interview
 
I interviewed in mid jan and my interviewer was like 'ur grades arent good' which like lol yeah bro i know but ur interviewing me.. I wish there was some transparency around standing/information post interview
LOL, well it does show that you had a killer app if they thought u were good enough for an interview despite your grades! but yes, i definitely agree there should be more transparency. 🙁
 
I’m on the AL and just emailed admission about the requirements. I’m so confused. Apparently we ARE supposed to complete them
D96CD794-82BA-47FB-B154-BEBD46D4FB34.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO

Edit: it also says I have until tomorrow end of business day to choose what in the flipping **** is going on downstate. You ghosted me for over 6 months to waitlist me and now this???
 
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO
me too!! very very confused
 
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO
JUST GOT THUS EMAIL TOO IM SO CONFUSED
 
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO
Got the same email too lol. Also interviewed September
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m on the AL and just emailed admission about the requirements. I’m so confused. Apparently we ARE supposed to complete them View attachment 354271
This reads to me as "completing the pre-matriculation reqs sooner than later is advantageous, as you need some time to do them, and if you get accepted later on in the summer you won't have as much time to complete them". Is that accurate?? Others' input would be valued. btw I also got that scary email 🙁
 
This reads to me as "completing the pre-matriculation reqs sooner than later is advantageous, as you need some time to do them, and if you get accepted later on in the summer you won't have as much time to complete them". Is that accurate?? Others' input would be valued. btw I also got that scary email 🙁
That’s what I thought too?? But it’s so unclear
 
This reads to me as "completing the pre-matriculation reqs sooner than later is advantageous, as you need some time to do them, and if you get accepted later on in the summer you won't have as much time to complete them". Is that accurate?? Others' input would be valued. btw I also got that scary email 🙁
In other words: completing those pre-matric reqs is not advantageous for the reason of gaining acceptance, but rather for logistical reasons later on should we eventually be accepted?
 
Hi all, interviewed September and waitlisted about 2 weeks ago (yes, yikes). I just got a pretty long email that starts like this:

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have not yet selected “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” to our medical school.

WTF?? I WAS NOT ACCEPTED BUT AM I???? AND THEY JUST HAVENT TOLD ME? IS THIS A MISTAKE? HELP. THE EMAIL IS DIRECTLY UNDER MY NAME TOO

Edit: it also says I have until tomorrow end of business day to choose what in the flipping **** is going on downstate. You ghosted me for over 6 months to waitlist me and now this???
So far I have two acceptances and 1 I withdrew from. I still would like to go to downstate. Do I need to choose plan to enroll/commit to enroll at this other school or can i leave it blank for right now in order to remain on this WL. Anyone know?
 
So far I have two acceptances and 1 I withdrew from. I still would like to go to downstate. Do I need to choose plan to enroll/commit to enroll at this other school or can i leave it blank for right now in order to remain on this WL. Anyone know?
I think you need to check that school’s specific policy.
 
So far I have two acceptances and 1 I withdrew from. I still would like to go to downstate. Do I need to choose plan to enroll/commit to enroll at this other school or can i leave it blank for right now in order to remain on this WL. Anyone know?
From my understanding you can still stay on WL with plan to enroll but not commit to enroll
 
Thank you can anyone else confirm before I do this?
Yes, you can still be on waitlists/alternate lists if you plan to enroll at a school. You just need to check when the commit to enroll deadline is for the school you have listed as plan to enroll. When you commit to enroll is when you have to remove yourself from any waitlists.
 
how do i plan to enroll? i a just on AL i am not sure if there is anything I am supposed to do
I don't think you have to plan to enroll unless you have an A somewhere else? I got an email from admissions that said:

"If you currently an alternate that has other acceptances, you are required to access the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School

Tool and select the Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll option."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sooo for those who were on the WL before their A, did they send you another email regarding a change in status? How did you guys receive the A after the Wl?