2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A today. Hope it goes to one of y'all
Really!?! Thank you! I saw you on the x v y school? What made u choose the other school? Congrats btw!!

Members don't see this ad.

Really!?! Thank you! I saw you on the x v y school? What made u choose the other school? Congrats btw!!
Thank you. I have only lived in NY and wanted some change. Also, I'm not a huge fan of NYC in the first place and am not very interested in living there, and with most people (like 75%) from downstate matching in NYC that was already a nono for me. Also, the general vibes from downstate (especially admin, y'all know why...) weren't the best. The other school gave me much better vibes.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For the pre-matriculation list, did you email all the immunization forms to the student health email and cc the downstate admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
From last year's thread, it looks like DS started to send out post interview R for people that were on the waitlist and there was also a large WL movement today.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
From last year's thread, it looks like DS started to send out post interview R for people that were on the waitlist and there was also a large WL movement today.
Wl movement youre talking about A?

Wl movement youre talking about A?
From last years thread it seems like they meant people being placed on the AL after their March/April interviews. I don’t see any A’s reported on this date last year.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
mannnn this is such a drag... at this point can they tell me if I'm accepted or rejected? Its tiring looking at my email every day for something from downstate only to get an offer from a Caribbean school saying its not too late!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A after much deliberation, good luck to everyone on the WL!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
long-time lurker here. Received a very unexpected A on Friday. There's still hope!!

long-time lurker here. Received a very unexpected A on Friday. There's still hope!!
😂😂congrats lol that might have been supersleepys seat so **** me!

Last edited:
well guys I think its over
I'm still hanging on to some hope. Last year, there were people getting off the WL in June and even as late as July 29. There definitely will be some more movement, even if it is minimal, as the CTE date for a lot of other schools starts in the beginning of July. Nonetheless, if this is your only post II WL like me, I would probably start doing reapplication stuff as the AMCAS and AACOMAS are both open to submit for the next cycle.

• Care
I've manifested everyday but no luck with ds. What if I manifest an R, would that change up things?
Believe it or not, I saw on last year's thread that some people received a post II R on June 3 after being on the WL. Unless DS has changed their protocol for Rs, it seems as if it is possible that people on the alternate list may start to be getting rejections soon as well.

• Sad
I would love news one way or another. I am holding on to hope that there will be some slight movement over the next two months like we have seen in the past. Still keeping my fingers crossed that this could be my big break!

I just got an A!!!

So, this isn't over! Hang in there yall!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Downstate, Ik u love me 🥺, Ik you careee 😖😖

• Care
I think someone mentioned previously how DS ranks people based off their interview and application as a whole and you can get that score.
I rmeeber the person said he couldn't get their score lol

Praying that there is some WL movement this coming week.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
i'm praying so hard everyday. Hopefully we'll see one final WL movement before it's finally all over
To be fair, people did end up getting in in late July last cycle. Not to say that we still have a lot of time but I have to imagine that there will be a bit more movement. I don't think it will be one large, final movement but will be just sporadic acceptances until orientation.

Reactions: 1 users
To be fair, people did end up getting in in late July last cycle. Not to say that we still have a lot of time but I have to imagine that there will be a bit more movement. I don't think it will be one large, final movement but will be just sporadic acceptances until orientation.
Yes I gotta say. You're most likely right. I personally can't wait that long but I would love to haha. Didn't like a few kids get accepted late June as well? Jeez

Yes I gotta say. You're most likely right. I personally can't wait that long but I would love to haha. Didn't like a few kids get accepted late June as well? Jeez
Mid June I believe people got off but at this point I think the only way we get off the waitlist now is if people matriculate to other schools or whatever other circumstance that would preclude them from going to DS. I have to imagine the class is filled by now.

• Care
Mid June I believe people got off but at this point I think the only way we get off the waitlist now is if people matriculate to other schools or whatever other circumstance that would preclude them from going to DS. I have to imagine the class is filled by now.
Yeh its full for sure.hopefully Albert Einstein takes a few more of these kids like they did last year 😂😂

does suny downstate offer feedback on why an applicant didn't get in?
The FAQ portion of their admissions page states "We do not have sufficient staff to provide individual advisement appointments. Applicants who are not accepted for admission may send an email request during June – August for reapplication advisement.". I hope that helps!

I noticed a change in my applicant portal with the pre-matriculation checklist. Many of the health items were removed and it shortened dramatically. Anyone else?

I noticed a change in my applicant portal with the pre-matriculation checklist. Many of the health items were removed and it shortened dramatically. Anyone else?
Happened to mine as well. All of the health items just disappeared.

Just committed to a different institution and am withdrawing my app here - best of luck to everyone still waiting