2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I would definitely reach out to fininacial aid. Does this mean you don’t have your login information? Like NetID and temporary password?
So I do have my login info but I've never gotten an email regarding any financial aid info and just realized for some reason I don't have access to BannerWeb yet. Sent an email to them yesterday so probably won't get a response until Monday, ty!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in
 
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in
why do i feel this on another level 🙁
 
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in
i am not accepted but everyone I've asked and the people on this thread seemed to have both uploaded the document to the website and emailed admissions. i feel you as I am in the same position
 
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in
I uploaded it and emailed it to admissions
 
For those of you still on the WL (especially anyone research-oriented): consider doing a post-baccalaureate. Seriously. I’m STILL waiting on Downstate and I’ve all but given up at this point, but sheesh the NIH IRTA program accepted me within 48 hours of applying. It’s paid, 1-2 years of gold standard research mentorship, and it’ll help a LOT in helping you get into some other medical school that does have enough respect for you to refrain from playing with your feelings a good school! 😀👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know or emailed admissions asking if there is still any wl movement left? During the last virtual session, the guy said minimal movement past May but did anybody confirm yet with admissions?
 
Anyone know or emailed admissions asking if there is still any wl movement left? During the last virtual session, the guy said minimal movement past May but did anybody confirm yet with admissions?
i feel like most of waitlist movement is probably done🙁 there were way less acceptances than i thought there would be from the waitlist.
 
For those of you who haven’t submitted health forms yet, don’t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administration’s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they won’t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they won’t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.
 
For those of you who haven’t submitted health forms yet, don’t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administration’s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they won’t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they won’t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.
God dam... u called them and asked ??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who haven’t submitted health forms yet, don’t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administration’s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they won’t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they won’t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.
I sent in my health forms and they said something similar.
 
For those of you who haven’t submitted health forms yet, don’t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administration’s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they won’t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they won’t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.
Seriously? I was the one who posted that, I am sincerely very sorry to anyone I misled by my interpretation of the rep. He said something like when I go look to take you off the waitlist later in June I’ll want to see that you have that done so we can get you right in and I must have been reading too far into it/he was exaggerating to get students to do it. He did say they expected waitlist students to do it though as well, which I find really rude and demanding. But yeah, again, my apologies to anyone who I misled
 
Seriously? I was the one who posted that, I am sincerely very sorry to anyone I misled by my interpretation of the rep. He said something like when I go look to take you off the waitlist later in June I’ll want to see that you have that done so we can get you right in and I must have been reading too far into it/he was exaggerating to get students to do it. He did say they expected waitlist students to do it though as well, which I find really rude and demanding. But yeah, again, my apologies to anyone who I misled
It's not your fault in any way, please don't apologize! I was under the same impression as you were and I don't blame you in the slightest.

My frustration lies purely with this bizarrely consistent unprofessionalism from Downstate's administration: their intense resistance to any sort of transparency, their unwillingness to provide prompt admissions decisions to WL applicants, their overall disorganization; and now, it's plausible that they gave applicants false hope over something that would primarily benefit the Downstate bureaucracy.

I'm done with this school. I'm tired of the incessant disregard for applicants and I'd rather reapply after my post-bacc than continue dealing with this. I'm withdrawing from the WL, best of luck to everyone.
 
Back when the admin sent out false acceptances with the CTE deadline, I called nearly immediately. The rep told me (and repeatedly assured me) I was accepted. I asked if he was sure it was an acceptance since my portal doesn't reflect that and again, doubling down, he told me only accepted students would receive that email and continued to congratulate me. Only when I kept pressing follow up questions did he check in with the dean. 10 minutes later of being on hold: "Yeah that wasn't an acceptance"
 
Back when the admin sent out false acceptances with the CTE deadline, I called nearly immediately. The rep told me (and repeatedly assured me) I was accepted. I asked if he was sure it was an acceptance since my portal doesn't reflect that and again, doubling down, he told me only accepted students would receive that email and continued to congratulate me. Only when I kept pressing follow up questions did he check in with the dean. 10 minutes later of being on hold: "Yeah that wasn't an acceptance"
I still want to know how that happened. How can they accidentally send that to a bunch of people.
 
Back when the admin sent out false acceptances with the CTE deadline, I called nearly immediately. The rep told me (and repeatedly assured me) I was accepted. I asked if he was sure it was an acceptance since my portal doesn't reflect that and again, doubling down, he told me only accepted students would receive that email and continued to congratulate me. Only when I kept pressing follow up questions did he check in with the dean. 10 minutes later of being on hold: "Yeah that wasn't an acceptance"
Wait was this last year??????
 
At the end of that same phone call the rep told me "you should actually hear back by the end of May." I followed up a week ago to clarify the latest we can hear back. Y'all ready? August 1st
Oh gosh.... Honestly sounds like they're planning on sending that mass R email on August 1st with 0 updates until then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad