2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted May 5th and got my financial statement the next day. Did you fill out Fafsa in time ?
Yea I've had it filled out for months and made sure i had downstate added to it šŸ˜³

Congrats! When did you receive your A?
May 3rd!

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely reach out to fininacial aid. Does this mean you donā€™t have your login information? Like NetID and temporary password?
So I do have my login info but I've never gotten an email regarding any financial aid info and just realized for some reason I don't have access to BannerWeb yet. Sent an email to them yesterday so probably won't get a response until Monday, ty!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hey so apartments r like 2 billion dollars, anyone with approved financial aid know how much they let us spend a month?

I don't think so because I've been told by adcom it goes all the way until July
Well I'm just basing it off what they said during the last virtual chat. He said after May, class is usually full

Well I'm just basing it off what they said during the last virtual chat. He said after May, class is usually full
Yeah the probability of coming off the WL from now is probably really low, but I wouldn't say impossible!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in

• Care
for those who have been accepted, have you sent update letters/intent letters only through the application website or did you email them to someone on the committe? I've sent an update and intent in the past and am desperate to get into this school. It's been my top choice for so long and its hurting that I may not get in
why do i feel this on another level :(

• Care
i am not accepted but everyone I've asked and the people on this thread seemed to have both uploaded the document to the website and emailed admissions. i feel you as I am in the same position

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I uploaded it and emailed it to admissions

For those of you still on the WL (especially anyone research-oriented): consider doing a post-baccalaureate. Seriously. Iā€™m STILL waiting on Downstate and Iā€™ve all but given up at this point, but sheesh the NIH IRTA program accepted me within 48 hours of applying. Itā€™s paid, 1-2 years of gold standard research mentorship, and itā€™ll help a LOT in helping you get into some other medical school that does have enough respect for you to refrain from playing with your feelings a good school! šŸ˜€šŸ‘

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know or emailed admissions asking if there is still any wl movement left? During the last virtual session, the guy said minimal movement past May but did anybody confirm yet with admissions?

Anyone know or emailed admissions asking if there is still any wl movement left? During the last virtual session, the guy said minimal movement past May but did anybody confirm yet with admissions?
i feel like most of waitlist movement is probably done:( there were way less acceptances than i thought there would be from the waitlist.

• Sad
Is it even possible for anyone that was (or will be) accepted off of the WL to defer? I thought the deadline to submit a request for deferral had already passed by May 1st.

• Wow
Is it even possible for anyone that was (or will be) accepted off of the WL to defer? I thought the deadline to submit a request for deferral had already passed by May 1st.
Well if that's true then that rules out another possibility :(

For those of you who havenā€™t submitted health forms yet, donā€™t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administrationā€™s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they wonā€™t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they wonā€™t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.

For those of you who havenā€™t submitted health forms yet, donā€™t stress yourself out. There was an earlier post that speculated that the rep from the info session had strongly implied that WL applicants would help their chances by completing the pre-matric early. The rep was 100% lying to applicants. The pre-matric was flaunted and emphasized solely for the administrationā€™s convenience. I submitted ALL of the requested documents for WL students yet Downstate just informed me that they wonā€™t even bother updating my pre-matric checklist in AMP until after I hypothetically get an A. Essentially, they confirmed that they wonā€™t even lift a finger unless I magically get in after waiting this long already. Absolute circus.
God dam... u called them and asked ??

I sent in my health forms and they said something similar.

Seriously? I was the one who posted that, I am sincerely very sorry to anyone I misled by my interpretation of the rep. He said something like when I go look to take you off the waitlist later in June Iā€™ll want to see that you have that done so we can get you right in and I must have been reading too far into it/he was exaggerating to get students to do it. He did say they expected waitlist students to do it though as well, which I find really rude and demanding. But yeah, again, my apologies to anyone who I misled

Seriously? I was the one who posted that, I am sincerely very sorry to anyone I misled by my interpretation of the rep. He said something like when I go look to take you off the waitlist later in June Iā€™ll want to see that you have that done so we can get you right in and I must have been reading too far into it/he was exaggerating to get students to do it. He did say they expected waitlist students to do it though as well, which I find really rude and demanding. But yeah, again, my apologies to anyone who I misled
It's not your fault in any way, please don't apologize! I was under the same impression as you were and I don't blame you in the slightest.

My frustration lies purely with this bizarrely consistent unprofessionalism from Downstate's administration: their intense resistance to any sort of transparency, their unwillingness to provide prompt admissions decisions to WL applicants, their overall disorganization; and now, it's plausible that they gave applicants false hope over something that would primarily benefit the Downstate bureaucracy.

I'm done with this school. I'm tired of the incessant disregard for applicants and I'd rather reapply after my post-bacc than continue dealing with this. I'm withdrawing from the WL, best of luck to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Back when the admin sent out false acceptances with the CTE deadline, I called nearly immediately. The rep told me (and repeatedly assured me) I was accepted. I asked if he was sure it was an acceptance since my portal doesn't reflect that and again, doubling down, he told me only accepted students would receive that email and continued to congratulate me. Only when I kept pressing follow up questions did he check in with the dean. 10 minutes later of being on hold: "Yeah that wasn't an acceptance"

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Back when the admin sent out false acceptances with the CTE deadline, I called nearly immediately. The rep told me (and repeatedly assured me) I was accepted. I asked if he was sure it was an acceptance since my portal doesn't reflect that and again, doubling down, he told me only accepted students would receive that email and continued to congratulate me. Only when I kept pressing follow up questions did he check in with the dean. 10 minutes later of being on hold: "Yeah that wasn't an acceptance"
I still want to know how that happened. How can they accidentally send that to a bunch of people.

I still want to know how that happened. How can they accidentally send that to a bunch of people.
At the end of that same phone call the rep told me "you should actually hear back by the end of May." I followed up a week ago to clarify the latest we can hear back. Y'all ready? August 1st

• Dislike
  • Angry
At the end of that same phone call the rep told me "you should actually hear back by the end of May." I followed up a week ago to clarify the latest we can hear back. Y'all ready? August 1st
Seriously what is wrong with this school šŸ¤Ø

Wait was this last year??????

Oh gosh.... Honestly sounds like they're planning on sending that mass R email on August 1st with 0 updates until then.

I just don't understand...It seems like last year they sent handfuls of A's throughout most of May and then a few more in June. It seems like they stopped before last week!

• Sad
I just don't understand...It seems like last year they sent handfuls of A's throughout most of May and then a few more in June. It seems like they stopped before last week!
my guess is that it's just over. Everybody who were accepted took the seat.

i spoke with a 3rd year and even they had nothing nice to say about their admin

• Haha