2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they really need to just let us know our interview scores so we know if we are close to the top or not.
I don't understand why it would be a secret? You can't gain a ton of info from that number

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Well also it's not like DS has been radio silent. They have been sending out As, just not to us :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeh. I honestly they might hand out a few more before it's a total wrap. I wanna say their class is like 90-95% filled at this point.
I think things can change at any minute, but it would be nice to know exactly where we stand on the waitlist

• Care
Just an FYI for those who have been accepted, there's a groupme for the class of 2026. GroupMe

Last edited:
Just got the A off the waitlist! I’ll be giving up my A here so I hope it goes to one of you wonderful peeps!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Was a really hard decision because I LOVE this school, but I just withdrew my A.

For those on waitlists, hang in there!! I hope my A gets to one of you promptly.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I really appreciate you guys telling us when you withdraw A's. It keeps hope alive and gives us a better idea if more A's will go out :)

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got off a different WL mwhaaaaa, nothing from this school tho o_O

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Can a current student PM please? Currently accepted and choosing between two schools. I would really appreciate your POV on Downstate. Cheers.

Congrats! When were you put on the AL, and did you send a letter of intent or anything similar?
Got the AL during that huge wave on 4/22, and I sent several letters after my interview since I was really set on this school! And thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I also got an A on 5/17. I interviewed late April and AL last week.
Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group someone can send me the link to?

I'm losing hope...I am a second time applicant and was really hopeful about this school. It is my only waitlist. I have sent LOI and completed a lot of the checklist items and reach out to admissions often. I feel like I don't have any dignity or sanity left!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I'm losing hope...I am a second time applicant and was really hopeful about this school. It is my only waitlist. I have sent LOI and completed a lot of the checklist items and reach out to admissions often. I feel like I don't have any dignity or sanity left!
I'm so sorry to hear that. Quite honestly, same. I think I'm ready to accept my fate and just move on. Idk what I could have done better. I'm just happy they are accepting others!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm so sorry to hear that. Quite honestly, same. I think I'm ready to accept my fate and just move on. Idk what I could have done better. I'm just happy they are accepting others!
Don't conflate this process to your own self worth. Much love <3

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Did any alternates that sent in medical forms receive a check on the premetric checklist for them? I sent them in awhile ago and they still say incomplete.

Got the AL during that huge wave on 4/22, and I sent several letters after my interview since I was really set on this school! And thank you!
Hi! Just curious, were your several letters all updates or LOIs or a mix of both? Thinking of sending another letter but not sure how to approach it..thanks!

Hi! Just curious, were your several letters all updates or LOIs or a mix of both? Thinking of sending another letter but not sure how to approach it..thanks!
Hmmmm, I would say they were LOIs - I didn't have significant updates since I was rolling on with the same activities, so I just tried to talk a little bit more about me and how I think I would fit in at Downstate - and what I hope to do as a physician.

Hmmmm, I would say they were LOIs - I didn't have significant updates since I was rolling on with the same activities, so I just tried to talk a little bit more about me and how I think I would fit in at Downstate - and what I hope to do as a physician.
Thank you so much for your quick response!! And congrats! :)

• Care