2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know if this years HPA list is enormous compared to years past? Because boy does it feel that way lol

Considering there are more people on here saying they withdrew then got accepted, I hope so lmao!
They told me to call back May/June about movement so I definitely will and report back
 
I mean there hasn't been a single A on here in 4 months now. In the months before I got waitlisted (December), every single person that posted on here saying they received an ii got accepted... It's almost like they accepted everybody they interviewed early on and by december they were full. Anybody know anyone that has been accepted in 2022?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is HPA the same thing as HPWL?
Yes. Upstate has 2 WL: the HPA list (High Priority Alternate) and the HBCA list (Hold By Committee Alternate). People use HPA and HPWL interchangeably.

I was on the HBCA list last year...I'm not sure if anybody has even been put on that list this year to be honest.
 
Sidenote: Has anybody got rejected post interview? Or did we all get A's or HPA's. Because if it's the latter, this waitlist is going to be tough...
 
Yes. Upstate has 2 WL: the HPA list (High Priority Alternate) and the HBCA list (Hold By Committee Alternate). People use HPA and HPWL interchangeably.

I was on the HBCA list last year...I'm not sure if anybody has even been put on that list this year to be honest.
Thanks. I was placed on the HPA II 2/21, although what's the distinction between HBCA? Haven't heard of HBCA this year either, but I did see R's post interview earlier in the thread.
 
Thanks. I was placed on the HPA II 2/21, although what's the distinction between HBCA? Haven't heard of HBCA this year either, but I did see R's post interview earlier in the thread.
Last year, they told us the HBCA was essentially a low-priority wait list. The email I got last cycle said that I was on this HBCA list, and once they got through all the HPA applicants, they would start pulling from the list I was on, although it was doubtful that they would get to that point. I was ultimately rejected in August.
 
Any current students on this thread? Would love to get a "vibe check" on Upstate. I attended virtual Admitted Students Day - not necessarily a bad experience, but hard to get a sense of the Upstate culture and community.
 
Is there a groupme for the class of 2026? (I don't have facebook) and wanted to connect with some students! ~ looking for a potential roomie
 
I feel like we got a few more weeks before we see anything, probably a couple months before the majority hear anything. In years past it's been late May/Early June, and this years HPA list seems quite large.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The admissions office mentioned that mid-May would be a good time to check back in regarding the HPA list. Has anyone contacted admissions/heard anything about list movement?
 
If I remember correctly, in years past, sometimes they will tell you your place on the WL and sometimes they won't. I have no idea why that is...it may be that some people on admissions will do it and some won't until later on, meaning it depends on who reads your email that day? I genuinely don't know.

I emailed them today and will let yall know if they tell me anything--I assume I probably won't hear back for a couple of days though.