2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is upstate still sending out iis or is this all for this cycle?

no accepted students groupme yet? Upstate’s fb page is pretty dead

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything today? Esp those w blank pages recently

Hi there! Here are the FB link for accepted students:

group me link can be found there

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t have a FB. Can someone direct me to the group me?

Hi there! Here are the FB link for accepted students:

group me link can be found there
there’s an official fb page that are run by the upstate admins tho

there’s an official fb page that are run by the upstate admins tho
do you mind linking the one youre referring to here? the previous years are all student-ran

c
join both! one is mostly orientation/new-student requirement info, the other is student led where you can meet people, find roommates, ask questions etc

For anyone who has withdrawn, has it reflected on your CYMS yet?

I emailed them declining my acceptance...no response.

I emailed them declining my acceptance...no response.
Yeahhhh....I've emailed them 6 times since January and have called them as well. Try emailing them at [email protected]. I did that and got an automated response from them a few days after, although CYMS is still not updated.

Yeahhhh....I've emailed them 6 times since January and have called them as well. Try emailing them at [email protected]. I did that and got an automated response from them a few days after, although CYMS is still not updated.
They finally replied so thank you for your help! Have you gotten your deposit back?

They finally replied so thank you for your help! Have you gotten your deposit back?
No problem! I don't think so? Just waiting for it to update on CYMS and maybe then they will give me the deposit.

Anybody know if this years HPA list is enormous compared to years past? Because boy does it feel that way lol

Anybody know if this years HPA list is enormous compared to years past? Because boy does it feel that way lol

Considering there are more people on here saying they withdrew then got accepted, I hope so lmao!
They told me to call back May/June about movement so I definitely will and report back

I mean there hasn't been a single A on here in 4 months now. In the months before I got waitlisted (December), every single person that posted on here saying they received an ii got accepted... It's almost like they accepted everybody they interviewed early on and by december they were full. Anybody know anyone that has been accepted in 2022?

Has anyone gotten any offers from Upstate for merit/need based scholarships aside from the Geneva Towers scholarship so far?

does this school have a deadline for PTE or CTE? not tryna have my **** withdrawn bc i didnt participate in that bs

Is HPA the same thing as HPWL?
Yes. Upstate has 2 WL: the HPA list (High Priority Alternate) and the HBCA list (Hold By Committee Alternate). People use HPA and HPWL interchangeably.

I was on the HBCA list last year...I'm not sure if anybody has even been put on that list this year to be honest.

Sidenote: Has anybody got rejected post interview? Or did we all get A's or HPA's. Because if it's the latter, this waitlist is going to be tough...

Yes. Upstate has 2 WL: the HPA list (High Priority Alternate) and the HBCA list (Hold By Committee Alternate). People use HPA and HPWL interchangeably.

I was on the HBCA list last year...I'm not sure if anybody has even been put on that list this year to be honest.
Thanks. I was placed on the HPA II 2/21, although what's the distinction between HBCA? Haven't heard of HBCA this year either, but I did see R's post interview earlier in the thread.

Thanks. I was placed on the HPA II 2/21, although what's the distinction between HBCA? Haven't heard of HBCA this year either, but I did see R's post interview earlier in the thread.
Last year, they told us the HBCA was essentially a low-priority wait list. The email I got last cycle said that I was on this HBCA list, and once they got through all the HPA applicants, they would start pulling from the list I was on, although it was doubtful that they would get to that point. I was ultimately rejected in August.

Has anyone heard any more info about HPA formation or movement recently?

Any current students on this thread? Would love to get a "vibe check" on Upstate. I attended virtual Admitted Students Day - not necessarily a bad experience, but hard to get a sense of the Upstate culture and community.

Is there a groupme for the class of 2026? (I don't have facebook) and wanted to connect with some students! ~ looking for a potential roomie

Does Upstate require students to plant to enroll? The website is a little wishy washy

I feel like we got a few more weeks before we see anything, probably a couple months before the majority hear anything. In years past it's been late May/Early June, and this years HPA list seems quite large.

• Sad
The admissions office mentioned that mid-May would be a good time to check back in regarding the HPA list. Has anyone contacted admissions/heard anything about list movement?

They told me they couldn't provide that information until late May or mid June