2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I remember correctly, in years past, sometimes they will tell you your place on the WL and sometimes they won't. I have no idea why that is...it may be that some people on admissions will do it and some won't until later on, meaning it depends on who reads your email that day? I genuinely don't know.

I emailed them today and will let yall know if they tell me anything--I assume I probably won't hear back for a couple of days though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if HPA list decisions come via email or via phone call?

I heard back within 6 hours of emailing them, though they wouldn't tell me anything so maybe not hearing anything for a bit longer means you'll get more information

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back within 6 hours of emailing them, though they wouldn't tell me anything so maybe not hearing anything for a bit longer means you'll get more information
When did you email them? Maybe it was just too early...although it's entirely possible your theory is correct as well.

Do we think that giving people answers to their relative waitlist position requests means that movement has now started?

I just emailed them again yesterday with slightly different language (I asked about waitlist movement the first time and this time asked if they could tell me my rough position), and they just responded saying they couldn't share that information.

I just emailed them again yesterday with slightly different language (I asked about waitlist movement the first time and this time asked if they could tell me my rough position), and they just responded saying they couldn't share that information.
Yeah this is what I meant when I was talking about last cycle. Sometimes they tell you, sometimes they don't. No idea what to do about it. They haven't responded to my email from yesterday yet lol.

I called them on April 26th and they said I have to email [email protected], as not everyone who works in admissions has access to the HPA. I emailed that day and they told me "You are in a position that we have gotten to in past years, but not every year," and that "We will know more nearing end of May/early June."

Hopefully we start finding out our chances off the HPA soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call that admissions has reached my name on the HPA list!! I was accepted for the Binghamton campus for the last 2 years. I just wanted to give you guys the update so that you all know that the list is moving!! I hope to see you all on campus in August :)

• Care
Just got the call that admissions has reached my name on the HPA list!! I was accepted for the Binghamton campus for the last 2 years. I just wanted to give you guys the update so that you all know that the list is moving!! I hope to see you all on campus in August :)
Congrats!! That's amazing news!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!!!! I thought the binghamton campus was offered for the first 2 years or all 4! Cool to see they do the last year too :)

Did you have Binghamton preferred?

Congrats!!!!! I thought the binghamton campus was offered for the first 2 years or all 4! Cool to see they do the last year too :)

Did you have Binghamton preferred?
First two years is at Upstate and then about 1/4 of the class is sent to Binghamton campus for clinical training the 3rd year and they usually continue clinical training for 4th year is what I’ve heard. Also I was syracuse preferred.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, that's great news!!! Did they call your phone or did they send an email or both?

Have they responded to any emails recently? I sent em one last Monday and haven't heard back yet lol
I emailed last Monday about HPA list and just heard back. They said it's really hard to tell right now, the list is moving but very slowly and they really can't predict if they will get to me.

I emailed last Monday about HPA list and just heard back. They said it's really hard to tell right now, the list is moving but very slowly and they really can't predict if they will get to me.
That's so much fun I love this game

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I basically got the same message when I spoke to someone on the phone. They said in any other year they could say with almost complete certainty that they would make it to my spot, but that this year is kinda a mess. They said that there was a lot of people who deferred from last year as well as BS/MD and early assurance people

Yeah I basically got the same message when I spoke to someone on the phone. They said in any other year they could say with almost complete certainty that they would make it to my spot, but that this year is kinda a mess. They said that there was a lot of people who deferred from last year as well as BS/MD and early assurance people
They told me the same, sigh.

I’m on the HPA List and inquired about my position on the waitlist; today I was told essentially that in past years, they reached my position on the waitlist. But this year is different and that there’s a lot of people coming from early assurance programs, and they cannot predict what will happen. However they did say that HPA list movement has started slowly, and for me to reach out to them in mid to late June If I haven’t heard back.

I’m on the HPA List and inquired about my position on the waitlist; today I was told essentially that in past years, they reached my position on the waitlist. But this year is different and that there’s a lot of people coming from early assurance programs, and they cannot predict what will happen. However they did say that HPA list movement has started slowly, and for me to reach out to them in mid to late June If I haven’t heard back.
Lol they told all of us the same exact thing

Really didn't think there would be over a week of silence after the first reported waitlist A in this thread :(

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks with no other movement posted here lol I thought for sure it would pick up

Just got the call that admissions has reached my name on the HPA list this morning!!! I was accepted for the Binghamton campus for the last 2 years! Looking forwards to seeing you all on campus! 😎

Hey guys..accepted student here. I have 2 rooms in a 4 bedroom house close to the campus and im looking for 2 roommates or one. The rent will be 1200 if i live with one person or 700 if they are two

Was told a month ago that I was on a spot where they normally get to on the list, but that it was moving too slowly to tell and to reach back out around now.

Just reached back out and was told that they were not optimistic that they would get to me, and that they apologize. This process sucks.

Hi all - getting ready to apply in the next cycle. Can any one comment about the RMSP Supplemental Application questions? Wondering if these are like extra secondary essay responses and if they come with a word limit (not specified on the website)?

Also curious what they mean when they say "RMSP is not a clinical track program. We offer four years of elective courses focused on rural health issues." I know that people who did this program went on to do normal residencies, but the way it's written I'm wondering what that means for the curriculum, whether it's at the expense of your normal MD classes.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I saw in a previous post that the GroupMe can be accessed through the FB group. Would anyone be able to put the GroupMe link here?

I saw in a previous post that the GroupMe can be accessed through the FB group. Would anyone be able to put the GroupMe link here?
You're invited to my new group 'Upstate Medical MD Class of 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Has anyone done their Masters to MD pathway?