You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY Upstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SamePre-II R after being placed on hold in September. Best of luck to y'alls cycles!
I'm still so curious as to why I haven't received the R yet. I already saw my "decision made" status weeks ago. Why are they playing games with me?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was swept up in the Pre-II R wave too yesterday—I was on hold since December and my status was missing in my portal up until the email 😵
I'm choosing to maintain hope for other schools in NY, so this is your sign to do so too for anyone else who was hit with the R here ❤️
I'm choosing to maintain hope for other schools in NY, so this is your sign to do so too for anyone else who was hit with the R here ❤️
Anyone have experience with the Rural Medical Scholars Program and interviewing for this? Was the interview any different?
bobbyfisher
Full Member
II now. Any advice on it? Thanks
D
deleted1111654
Be yourself and know your application well! They are all super nice people. Don’t be too nervousII now. Any advice on it? Thanks
I interviewed in the middle of December and I'm waiting to hear back.Hi all! Just curious - during the interview process, they said that we would be hearing back at the four-week mark after our interview about a decision. Is this still the case or have people been hearing significantly later. Interviewed on 01/12.
Has anyone here gotten an email about a pathway program?
chargersfreak33
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? A Facebook group or something?
glutenfreee
Full Member
Does anyone know about how long it takes for them to respond post II? I interviewed Mid-January and they said would send decisions the first week of March but it seems like they're running behind based on this thread!
PM’d youHas anyone here gotten an email about a pathway program?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
All my friends seem to hear back after 7 weeks. I interviewed 1/12 and I think this is the week I will hear back. Manifesting for usDoes anyone know about how long it takes for them to respond post II? I interviewed Mid-January and they said would send decisions the first week of March but it seems like they're running behind based on this thread!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noodlechicken1
Full Member
HPA list, Interviewed 1/12. Kinda annoyed since my whole application was catered to this school.
HPA list as well! Does anyone know if there's a section in our portal that lists our status of being on the HPA list? Can't seem to find any info on the status of our standing...
noodlechicken1
Full Member
You would have to call to find the standing, I plan on calling next week and askingHPA list as well! Does anyone know if there's a section in our portal that lists our status of being on the HPA list? Can't seem to find any info on the status of our standing...
There is a Facebook group for 2022 that includes MD, DPT, PA, and other students I think? If you log into Bannerweb and then click on the Incoming Student tab, there is a link near the bottom of the listDoes anyone know if there is a group for accepted students? A Facebook group or something?
ThirstyFajita
New Member
Please let us know how that works out! Do we think they are done giving out As?You would have to call to find the standing, I plan on calling next week and asking
I thought we weren't able to do that until April/May? I also thought they weren't able to disclose our actual standing just our likelihood of getting off the listYou would have to call to find the standing, I plan on calling next week and asking
dizzygoose
Full Member
That's what it sounded like to me in the email.I thought we weren't able to do that until April/May? I also thought they weren't able to disclose our actual standing just our likelihood of getting off the list
Hi!! How can I withdraw my acceptance? I've been reaching out but am still on their email list. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you 🙂
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Same, I checked their portal and can't find a way to withdraw my acceptance as well. Someone, please help, thanks!Hi!! How can I withdraw my acceptance? I've been reaching out but am still on their email list. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you 🙂
glutenfreee
Full Member
anyone else from 1/19 not heard back yet?
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
I interviewed on 1/26 and still nothing. They told us it'll be closer to 6 weeks as they fell behind but it's been over 7 for you soanyone else from 1/19 not heard back yet?
glutenfreee
Full Member
🙁 the waiting is so hard! If they don’t say anything to me/update my portal by next week I might call?I interviewed on 1/26 and still nothing. They told us it'll be closer to 6 weeks as they fell behind but it's been over 7 for you so
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
tbh I was thinking about calling next week too🙁 the waiting is so hard! If they don’t say anything to me/update my portal by next week I might call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think so, which is kind of wild. Almost every single person that posted here saying they got an interview ended up getting accepted..right up until December. Everyone since then that has posted has been HPA'd. I'm sure there are people that have interviewed after december that got accepted, but none of em posted here from January-March.Was the last acceptance in December?
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance. I could not find how to withdraw from their portal so I just emailed admissions about it. They said it was ok. I hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!
Which email did you use to withdraw?Withdrew my acceptance. I could not find how to withdraw from their portal so I just emailed admissions about it. They said it was ok. I hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
[email protected] !Which email did you use to withdraw?
I've emailed them 3 times now...😅 Time to call? Just don't wanna be holding someone else’s spot
I dont think movement will start for us until mid-late april, more likely May.Does anyone know when waitlist movement generally starts here? I am on the HPA list
Edit: In recent years they start in May, but last year the first person on SDN to get accepted was June 9th lol
glutenfreee
Full Member
+1 I was 1/19 - my portal changed from the waiting committee review to blank nowinterviewed 1/12 and waiting on decision
On Friday my main portal changed for the first time to waiting for committee review. So odd!+1 I was 1/19 - my portal changed from the waiting committee review to blank now
glutenfreee
Full Member
Was placed on HPA today+1 I was 1/19 - my portal changed from the waiting committee review to blank now
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
Can’t believe it’s been this long since an A was reported. Hoping all of you guys are at the top of the HPA list
Does anyone have an idea of how the HPA list works? If an applicant is placed on the HPA list in December and another applicant in February, is the December HPA applicant inherently higher on the HPA list or is it rank based and the list is constantly evolving to reflect priority based on rank?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea of how the HPA list works? If an applicant is placed on the HPA list in December and another applicant in February, is the December HPA applicant inherently higher on the HPA list or is it rank based and the list is constantly evolving to reflect priority based on rank?
I believe each applicant is scored therefore if someone is scored higher but later interview they would be chosen first.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone asked about their HPA rank/ know when it’s acceptable to ask?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Has anyone asked about their HPA rank/ know when it’s acceptable to ask?
Yes, I have called and emailed. They said that they won’t know and can’t say anything till May/June :/
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
Portal updated today. Looks like Thursday is the day!
Mine is blank too why do you say thursday?
Is it blank on the main page? Or on the actual application? Or both?Mine is blank too why do you say thursday?