You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY Upstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
noodlechicken1
Full Member
I’m over here still waiting from being complete in July…Yikes. Just got put on "hold". Surprised to hear back from them so soon considering that I wasn't complete until 9/18 .
Probably not a good sign for me...
Was on ‘decision made’ for over a week, and now my application status is gone?? Halloween came too early. Spooky.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually same, I was on hold and now my status is gone.Was on ‘decision made’ for over a week, and now my application status is gone?? Halloween came too early. Spooky.
same...Actually same, I was on hold and now my status is gone.
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Actually same, I was on hold and now my status is gone.
yup same here..same...
I just got put on hold last week and mine disappeared too. Wonder what's going on!yup same here..
medapp9897
Full Member
My hold status also disappeared. I heard last year they by accident sent out holds to everyone, even those that already got interviews. They later sent an apology email and rescinded the hold, but not sure what is going on this year...
I received an II a couple weeks ago and my status is gone too so I don't think it's hold-specific
Is it better to send an update on hold early or right around Dec1
Zulka
Full Member
I was part of that email last cycle but got put on hold 2 weeks later anyway.My hold status also disappeared. I heard last year they by accident sent out holds to everyone, even those that already got interviews. They later sent an apology email and rescinded the hold, but not sure what is going on this year...

msssjuicybabayy
Full Member
trying not to read too much into why my status is gone too😳
D
deleted1111654
my status disappeared…was the first round of interviews for the school
My optimistic side is.... optimisticmy status disappeared…was the first round of interviews for the school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone speak to the interview format this year? They don't do MMI anymore right?
My first II this morning! IS and was complete 8/6
snakemuffin
Full Member
So for those who interviewed early-med September: are we expected to hear something this Friday?
D
deleted1111654
I believe soSo for those who interviewed early-med September: are we expected to hear something this Friday?
What are the chances I hear back in the next week for an interview at the end of sep?
D
deleted1111654
isnt it friday?What are the chances I hear back in the next week for an interview at the end of sep?
I also interviewed at the end of sept and they told us most likely by the first week of november but didn’t say any definitiveWhat are the chances I hear back in the next week for an interview at the end of sep?
To people who interviewed already - did you get any additional details about the set up of your day prior to your interview? If so, how far in advance?
There aren’t any additional details, it’s just your meet and greet which is an hour and then your interviews which will last approximately an hour total too. There’s not any other presentations or like virtual tour or anything like thatTo people who interviewed already - did you get any additional details about the set up of your day prior to your interview? If so, how far in advance?
Gotcha, thanks!There aren’t any additional details, it’s just your meet and greet which is an hour and then your interviews which will last approximately an hour total too. There’s not any other presentations or like virtual tour or anything like that
snakemuffin
Full Member
Does anyone who interviewed early have any indication that a decision has been made? I know last year people had a status update saying 'decision made' prior to Oct 15th. I interviewed 9/13 but it still says under review by committee.
just got placed on hold fml, anyone know if this is considered a soft R ?
D
deleted1111654
Did it show on your portal?just got placed on hold fml, anyone know if this is considered a soft R ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snakemuffin
Full Member
Anyone hear back today?
Nope, interviewed week of 9/20, so it’s likely I’ll hear back next week but it would be a nice surprise to not wait the weekend lolAnyone hear back today?
scout_ham
Full Member
no change to my portal yet, interviewed 9/13Anyone hear back today?
D
deleted1111654
No change to my portal, interviewed 9/8
D
deleted1111654
A! Omg I am shaking. Portal updated.
scout_ham
Full Member
same here 🤟 congrats future doctor!!A! Omg I am shaking. Portal updated.
D
deleted1111654
You too my friend!!same here 🤟 congrats future doctor!!
A! I am so excited!
You too my frie
Congrats! Do all portals update at the same time? (haven't checked yet lol)A! Omg I am shaking. Portal updated.
A!! interviewed 9/22 :’) congrats pals
A!! interviewed 9/22 :’) congra
Congrats!!! Same interview day my portal changed a little but still says under committee review, makes me a little nervous lolA!! interviewed 9/22 :’) congrats pals
snakemuffin
Full Member
Same. Im afraid lol.Congrats!!! Same interview day my portal changed a little but still says under committee review, makes me a little nervous lol
Like I know they told us it’s not a guarantee to get a decision today but now that someone did ima be checking all day lolSame. Im afraid lol.
snakemuffin
Full Member
Anyone else who interviewed early-mid November with nothing back yet? Still says under committee review.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scout_ham
Full Member
i had the same issue– try viewing in safari/another browser (not chrome), worked for meTo the people accepted today, were you able to view your acceptance letter? I receive an error message every time I try to load it.
D
deleted1111654
I was able to open it on safari on my phoneTo the people accepted today, were you able to view your acceptance letter? I receive an error message every time I try to load it.
If by November you meant September, I am in the same boat. Interviewed 9/13 and have not received any status updateAnyone else who interviewed early-mid November with nothing back yet? Still says under committee review.