You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY Upstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
snakemuffin
Full Member
I was wondering this as well. Does yours say "not entered"?Does anyone know on the homepage under the “processed applications” section what application preference means?
Don’t worry, it says “Please Ignore the Application Preferences section below” in the upper part of the menu areaI was wondering this as well. Does yours say "not entered"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might be a stupid question but is the deposit binding in any way?
perusingdoc
Full Member
+1, any indication what this means?If by November you meant September, I am in the same boat. Interviewed 9/13 and have not received any status update
snakemuffin
Full Member
Here I am trying to get accepted to med school and I don’t even know the months :/If by November you meant September, I am in the same boat. Interviewed 9/13 and have not received any status update
snakemuffin
Full Member
Accepted! LM 74, interviewed 9/13
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Anyone not on hold for re-review or have a II but complete first week of August? I feel in the dark from my in state school and i'm from the local area with lots of demonstrated interest.
Awesome!! Congrats, did you get an email today or just check your portal?Accepted! LM 74, interviewed 9/13
snakemuffin
Full Member
I just checked the portal. No email as of yet, but I was able to view the acceptance letter and submit my deposit.Awesome!! Congrats, did you get an email today or just check your portal?
That’s awesome man, still under review for me, fingers crossed!I just checked the portal. No email as of yet, but I was able to view the acceptance letter and submit my deposit.
perusingdoc
Full Member
"Under committee review" / "Ready for Committee"Any one interview in mid Sept waiting on a decision still?
+1 patiently waiting"Under committee review" / "Ready for Committee"
Hi all! For those of you who have been accepted, is paying the deposit committing? Sorry, I know this may be a stupid question but the language they use makes it seem as if it is.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medapp9897
Full Member
Has anyone received a rejection from this school. It seems like lots of ppl are on hold, which I'm assuming is a soft R 🙁
II Received this morning! LM 72, IS, Completed 8/13
got the hold today, no email
what does a hold look like on your portal?got the hold today, no email
Placed on hold, just got the email. Do they use this list, or is it essentially a friendly way of R?
perusingdoc
Full Member
Several. Check pages 5 and 6 beginning with posts from 10/15.Anyone who interviewed mid-late sep hear back yet?
My portal updated to "decision made" today— but no further information nor did I get an email. A bit nerve-wracking, but a glance at last year's thread tells me this happened to a ton of people; including R's, holds, and inactive (hold) alternate but also A's and HPWL's... so looks like we'll see soon!Anyone receive decisions yet this week?
I interviewed in the second half of September.
D
deleted1111654
Where did you read that? It says “The AAMC begins contacting accepted students beginning January 1st. “is there an accepted students group made? their email says background checks must be submitted 15 days after acceptance but I thought it doesn't begin until January 1?
in the acceptance letter it has a few links to background check infoWhere did you read that? It says “The AAMC begins contacting accepted students beginning January 1st. “
D
deleted1111654
You’re right. That’s weird- I might shoot an email to admissionsin the acceptance letter it has a few links to background check info
i emailed tn, prob’ll call then tmrw cuz no one answers emailsYou’re right. That’s weird- I might shoot an email to admissions
Has anyone who interviewed 9/29 or later had any updates to their portal yet?
9/22 and nothing yet, hoping for a Friday surprise!Has anyone who interviewed 9/29 or later had any updates to their portal yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runnerwhite5
New Member
I interviewed on 9/29. No changes to my portal yet.Has anyone who interviewed 9/29 or later had any updates to their portal yet?
U and me both brotherhoping for a Friday surprise!
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/20 for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
Not sure is the MD-PhD timeline is different but they said 4-6 weeks at my interview for just MDHas anyone who interviewed on 10/20 for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
So I understand that the interview will be done over zoom, but is there any need to go to the actual campus that day? I’m a little confused.
Also how long did it take for most of you to receive a decision post interview?
Also how long did it take for most of you to receive a decision post interview?
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
So I understand that the interview will be done over zoom, but is there any need to go to the actual campus that day? I’m a little confused.
Also how long did it take for most of you to receive a decision post interview?
Interviews are fully virtual!
Thank you!Interviews are fully virtual!
noodlechicken1
Full Member
II at 4:00am this morning! (earliest date 1/12) Complete 7/27 but they lost my application till 8/13. Im local to the school, super excited!
noodlechicken1
Full Member
I just picked the first one and so I didn’t look into the February calendar (and it won’t let me look after I pick) but every Wednesday and Friday after Jan 12th was available for JanuaryWoooo omg! Congrats. How far are they scheduling?
haven't heard anything yet!Has anyone who interviewed on 10/20 for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
I am hoping that is good news for both of us 🙂haven't heard anything yet!
runnerwhite5
New Member
Anyone heard anything from them recently that interviewed end of September? I interviewed 9/29 and I'm getting antsy lol
Haven’t heard anything and I interviewed about a week before you, I am also slightly antsy hahaAnyone heard anything from them recently that interviewed end of September? I interviewed 9/29 and I'm getting antsy lol
D
deleted1079310
question, what does your status say on the portal? Does it say ready for committee or under committee review?Anyone heard anything from them recently that interviewed end of September? I interviewed 9/29 and I'm getting antsy lol
runnerwhite5
New Member
It says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified once a decision is made" and then within the application itself, under 'Application Status' is says Ready for Committeequestion, what does your status say on the portal? Does it say ready for committee or under committee review?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same hereIt says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified once a decision is made" and then within the application itself, under 'Application Status' is says Ready for Committee
D
deleted1079310
It says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified once a decision is made" and then within the application itself, under 'Application Status' is says Ready for Committee
Same here, I interviewed 10/13. I was hoping yours would say something different indicating you were closer to hearing back than me. Oh well. They told my interview group that we would most likely hear back some time the week of 11/8-12, but I'm not going to hold my breath.Same here
runnerwhite5
New Member
They told me beginning of November when I interviewed. So now it's just a waiting game!Same here, I interviewed 10/13. I was hoping yours would say something different indicating you were closer to hearing back than me. Oh well. They told my interview group that we would most likely hear back some time the week of 11/8-12, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I was told there was a possibility to hear back Oct 15th, but was more likely to be 4 weeks, online says 3-6 weeks so there’s a lot of variabilityThey told me beginning of November when I interviewed. So now it's just a waiting game!
runnerwhite5
New Member
They also told me a possibility of Oct. 15th, but they said it was highly unlikely so don't expect it lolI was told there was a possibility to hear back Oct 15th, but was more likely to be 4 weeks, online says 3-6 weeks so there’s a lot of variability