2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Usually the sample of sdners is enough such that at least somebody reports. So if they’ve sent them it must be a few

Reactions: 1 user
I have been considering it. I am afraid of reaching out and then getting hit with an R tho, haha
I would just let it be. There’s a fine line between showing your interest and making them feel pestered. They will be inviting applicants to interviews through the spring. It’s a long process, so try to not overthink things this early in the process.

Reactions: 2 users
I would just let it be. There’s a fine line between showing your interest and making them feel pestered. They will be inviting applicants to interviews through the spring. It’s a long process, so try to not overthink things this early in the process.
You are so, so right. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended an info session for UTHSC today and they said their first interviews will take place starting next week, so I assume they've already started sending out IIs. Interviews will go until March 2022.

They also provided their most recent class stats in the info session. It was 3.89 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA, 512

Reactions: 1 users
OOS MD/PhD interview invite received just now!

Reactions: 3 users
still radio silence here :/ with the stats they posted for MCAT/GPA ive probably been screened out lol

definitely late posting this but
secondary submitted on 7/12
interview invite on 10/7
interview on 10/19

interview was very conversational and informative, and I really enjoyed the interview day as a whole! they said it would take around 3-4 weeks to hear back on a decision!

Reactions: 7 users
I wonder how much playing football for UT along with PS/LOR's will overcome my horrid mcat score lol

Congrats to all the IIs. It seems that they will most likely give an admissions decision within 3-4 weeks. The faculty and staff are great and very welcoming.

still radio silence here :/ with the stats they posted for MCAT/GPA ive probably been screened out lol
I'm feeling the same way. Super bummer, tbh. I wonder if they are going to formally send an R or just ghost until July.

UTHSC does everything pretty late in the cycle. Don't get discouraged yet. Last year they sent out email Rs at the very tail end of the cycle to everyone that they didn't interview.

I'm feeling the same way. Super bummer, tbh. I wonder if they are going to formally send an R or just ghost until July.
I wouldn’t worry about it. They are notoriously slow. People who interviewed in March last year got in.

Does anybody know when the committee meets? Are all decisions mailed or just rejections and waitlist?

i dont suppose theres any point sending a letter of interest? lol

No, complete 8/9
They usually only accept external material after you have been interviewed. I sent a letter after my interview last year, but it didn't make much of a difference. Its still really early for them, I wouldn't stress yet.

they have only sent out one wave of ii's correct?

OOS A received just now for MD!! I applied MD/PhD, will hear from the PhD part at a later date.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
got the acceptance!
call on 11/3
letter received via email on 11/8
letter received via postal mail 11/12