2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A earlier today, lezzzz gooooo boiii, out of state with no ties lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided to drop my alternate spot here. It’s been real… good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, if you have an acceptance somewhere else then you could at least look on the bright side that you can accept elsewhere and not have to live in Memphis. I’ve lived here for 6 years and have definitely had some fun here, but it’s a rough city…can be a little scary at times

Honestly, if you have an acceptance somewhere else then you could at least look on the bright side that you can accept elsewhere and not have to live in Memphis. I’ve lived here for 6 years and have definitely had some fun here, but it’s a rough city…can be a little scary at times
Man i love memphis. memphis memphis memphis memphis, errthang memphis. the most burtiful land in the world.

Members don't see this ad :)
so are we thinking the class is full at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone send me the groupme link? I can only find the Facebook invite in the emails. Thanks.

Any updates on alternate list movement?

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else have an advising appt scheduled and then not get a call for the advising appt??? super confused

i asked at my advising meeting on my chances of getting in this cycle and they did not disclose anything

did anyone else have an advising appt scheduled and then not get a call for the advising appt??? super confused
had my appt rescheduled and he also wouldn’t say anything about my personal chances of getting in, but he said that there will very likely be more alternate list movement
they have a full class but some people have not committed to enroll yet

had my appt rescheduled and he also wouldn’t say anything about my personal chances of getting in, but he said that there will very likely be more alternate list movement
they have a full class but some people have not committed to enroll yet
God I am hoping so hard right now! Any other useful tidbits?

God I am hoping so hard right now! Any other useful tidbits?
same!! i think i die a little inside everytime my phone rings and it isn’t uthsc haha

he did say something about how the people who haven’t committed yet have a deadline set by aamc and they (uthsc) can’t make the deadline any sooner, but he didn’t say exactly when/what day that is. so not really helpful info but it’s something

Hm so on uthsc’s website, their commitment to enroll is 7/18 and on their waitlist faq, “alternates will be notified no later than 7/20 if an offer is not likely.” i think between those days, we’ll definitely hear back. I wish we could know sooner tho :/

I’m thinking of reapplying to ut medical school and also applying to their pa school. Idk if it looks bad if I’m doing both or if adcom has this visibility but I just want options. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’m thinking of reapplying to ut medical school and also applying to their pa school. Idk if it looks bad if I’m doing both or if adcom has this visibility but I just want options. Anyone else in the same boat?
I wouldn’t recommend doing that. If anything you should just apply to many MD schools and add DO schools to that list. If that doesn’t work out then do a PA only cycle. I’m not an expert, so my advice is not the end all be all, but from what I’ve heard from friends who have gone through the PA process is they really want to admit students who are completely committed to being a PA and don’t do it just as a back up plan. Also just personal opinion I would rather go to a random MD or DO school than PA. They’re very different professions. Not saying PA isn’t a good option - I think it’s a great profession, but as a future MD it’s just not what I want for my career.

No one heard anything today?
I guess Monday might be the big day then.

anyone hear anything? i thought today they were at least supposed to tell us no

Oh… just received the email. “Given the size of the alternate list and current commitments to enroll, it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you admission to this class”

Oh… just received the email. “Given the size of the alternate list and current commitments to enroll, it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you admission to this class”
Well ... I got the same. I guess that's it then. Pretty crushing not gonna lie