2021-2022 Tennessee

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I’ve been on hold for about a month. No word yet. My friend is an M1 this year and she went on hold in February last year and got accepted May 18th. So I’m not freaking out until the end of May 🙂
 
Have there been any acceptances lately with these late interviews? I interviewed April 5th so should I just assume a hold at the most?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the likelihood of getting off the hold list? I can't seem to find anything other than anecdotes of people coming off.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I wrong or does it look like mostly everyone is put on hold if they’re not accepted? Does anyone get rejected after interviewing? Or does everyone go on hold until the end of the cycle??
 
Seems like at the end of the cycle they’re just putting everyone on hold. I know they have done post interview rejections but I haven’t heard of one in a long time
 
Seems like at the end of the cycle they’re just putting everyone on hold. I know they have done post interview rejections but I haven’t heard of one in a long time
fair! i just know people who interviewed around the same time as me (beginning of April) and they got the R while I got the hold. So I have some faith that the hold is not a silent rejection lol
 
I would love to know how many are on the list. Per UTHSC an average of 60 come off every year for the past few years. That's a quite a few considering class size. Could be interpreting that incorrectly, but that's what I understood it to mean.
Source: https://www.uthsc.edu/medicine/admissions/documents/faqs-alternate-list.pdf

Looks like that source is specifically about the alternate list so maybe that means even better news for the WL/hold position. I assume some will get accepted right off the WL and others will be an alternate and get accepted later down the road? That’s what I’m interpreting it as
 
Dang 60 is a lot. And that’s not including people that come off of the hold list before the alternate list even forms (which I don’t imagine is a ton). Don’t want to get hopes up though because there very well could be a ton of applicants on hold (soon to be alternate list)
 
Last edited:
i am at my 3 weeks and i just called and they said i should hear something by friday. which honestly makes me more nervous for a post-II rejection.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal still says my app is under review? I'm kind of assuming it's a rejection at this point but is anyone else in this boat/what do you guys think
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
from what I am gathering it looks like the alternate list is basically what any other school's waitlist is. apparently an average of 60 people got off the alternate list each year in the past four years