2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoops... I am on hold. I updated my post. I am not sure of the distinction between the two.
Not much. Hold can turn into acceptance or waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve been on hold for about a month. No word yet. My friend is an M1 this year and she went on hold in February last year and got accepted May 18th. So I’m not freaking out until the end of May :)

Have there been any acceptances lately with these late interviews? I interviewed April 5th so should I just assume a hold at the most?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when financial aid packages are supposed to come through?

Is there still any hope for poeple who havent gotten II's yet? I am assuming not but didnt know if anyone had some info

Is there still any hope for poeple who havent gotten II's yet? I am assuming not but didnt know if anyone had some info
I called, and they said that they extended interview invitations until "mid-April" so I'm hoping we'll know one way or anther by Friday.

What's the likelihood of getting off the hold list? I can't seem to find anything other than anecdotes of people coming off.

It's already april 20th and they still have not sent out rejections and/or II. Does anyone know what is going on? I am so confused.

is there anyone else who interviewed end of march/early april that has not heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/14 and was put in holding category for re-review. No news since then.

Reactions: 2 users
Am I wrong or does it look like mostly everyone is put on hold if they’re not accepted? Does anyone get rejected after interviewing? Or does everyone go on hold until the end of the cycle??

Am I wrong or does it look like mostly everyone is put on hold if they’re not accepted? Does anyone get rejected after interviewing? Or does everyone go on hold until the end of the cycle??
i know people who have gotten rejected after interviewing

Seems like at the end of the cycle they’re just putting everyone on hold. I know they have done post interview rejections but I haven’t heard of one in a long time

Seems like at the end of the cycle they’re just putting everyone on hold. I know they have done post interview rejections but I haven’t heard of one in a long time
fair! i just know people who interviewed around the same time as me (beginning of April) and they got the R while I got the hold. So I have some faith that the hold is not a silent rejection lol

Oh no way! That is good news for us on hold. Thanks for that:)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
fair! i just know people who interviewed around the same time as me (beginning of April) and they got the R while I got the hold. So I have some faith that the hold is not a silent rejection lol
I know people who interviewed before me and got the R as well!

Reactions: 3 users
This makes me wonder how many people are on the Hold/WL versus how many will come off of it

I would love to know how many are on the list. Per UTHSC an average of 60 come off every year for the past few years. That's a quite a few considering class size. Could be interpreting that incorrectly, but that's what I understood it to mean.
Source: https://www.uthsc.edu/medicine/admissions/documents/faqs-alternate-list.pdf

Looks like that source is specifically about the alternate list so maybe that means even better news for the WL/hold position. I assume some will get accepted right off the WL and others will be an alternate and get accepted later down the road? That’s what I’m interpreting it as

Dang 60 is a lot. And that’s not including people that come off of the hold list before the alternate list even forms (which I don’t imagine is a ton). Don’t want to get hopes up though because there very well could be a ton of applicants on hold (soon to be alternate list)

Last edited:
i am at my 3 weeks and i just called and they said i should hear something by friday. which honestly makes me more nervous for a post-II rejection.

You could also be put on hold! It took me about 3 weeks to hear back and I was put on hold. I'm 6 weeks post interview on hold.

My portal still says my app is under review? I'm kind of assuming it's a rejection at this point but is anyone else in this boat/what do you guys think

I could be wrong, but I feel like any interview that happened from mid-March on was an automatic hold or rejection. I have not heard/known of anyone getting accepted after that date

Have they not even put you on hold yet? They seem to send decisions on Thursdays
I have not been put on hold. I think my interview went really well, but we shall see!

I could be wrong, but I feel like any interview that happened from mid-March on was an automatic hold or rejection. I have not heard/known of anyone getting accepted after that date
I completely agree with this. I think it was their way to try to be fair with the last few spots that they have to give.

I completely agree with this. I think it was their way to try to be fair with the last few spots that they have to give.
I just hope they have that alternate list ranked by May 2, so they can start making calls that very week!

any news for anyone?
Called today to make sure I haven’t missed anything on my behalf. Said that the admissions committee is wrapping up with things and that we should hear something by end of week (for those that interviewed early April at least)

just got placed on the alternate list after being on hold

Alright I am dying to know how many people are on this alternate waitlist now. 100? 200? Do you think they would tell me if I asked?

Also curious if anyone got rejected after being on hold or if they just dumped everyone onto an alternate list

from what I am gathering it looks like the alternate list is basically what any other school's waitlist is. apparently an average of 60 people got off the alternate list each year in the past four years

from what I am gathering it looks like the alternate list is basically what any other school's waitlist is. apparently an average of 60 people got off the alternate list each year in the past four years
That’s exactly what it is