2021-2022 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any clue on when OS students can expect IIs? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question about secondaries- when they ask for special programs will a master of science count? It was offered at a medical school but it's just a regular master degree.

Quick question about secondaries- when they ask for special programs will a master of science count? It was offered at a medical school but it's just a regular master degree.
I think they’re referring more to programs like a summer premed exploration program or the type of enrichment programs that JAMP students get.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they’re referring more to programs like a summer premed exploration program or the type of enrichment programs that JAMP students get.
Thats exactlly what I was thinking thank you :)

I'm surprised that nobody here has reported getting a regular decision II.
I think someone earlier in the thread said that they were running behind, but I hope by next week there will be some II’s starting to come out!

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Complete 6/25 I think. 510/3.66 IS reapp

Reactions: 4 users
For those who got interview invites, when did you get the details on the Zoom meeting and who would be interviewing you?
I got zoom details later that day. Haven't gotten details of specific interviewers yet though.

Do we know if they go in chrnogical order or is it just random?

I found a pretty interesting file that shows that all OOS students get scholarships and pay in-state tuition. It also has residency match rates.

"TTUHSC School of Medicine offers competitive scholarships to qualified medical students. To receive a scholarship, a student must remain in good academic standing for the entire academic year. All scholarships are a onetime award and are based on availability of funds. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a SOM scholarship application by April 1st of each year. Each student must submit an application to their designated campus for each term. All incoming out-of-state students receive a scholarship that will reduce their tuition to the in-state tuition rate. In recent years, every scholarship applicant has received an award."

Nice!
Remember to do this if you end up here: though it says all applicants get the award, you have to remember to file the FAFSA and apply for the scholarship before the deadline.

IS II this morning! Complete 5/20

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most Texans apply broadly on TMDSAS to have the most options
Every top 10 private medical school is looking for URMs who fall within 3.7-3.8 and 518.

Tech has too many essays to ensure only people who want to come are applying.

Just inteviewed here, was chill for the most part.

Reactions: 1 users
List of interview dates this cycle per post interview feedback form. There were ~20 ppl in my date

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.00.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.00.57 PM.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 390
IS II a few min ago at 12:57pm PST! Complete 6/25

Reactions: 8 users
IS II, complete late July

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when Texas Tech sends our interview schedule? Or does anyone know when interview day was for previous days?

Any idea when they might invite OS students for interview. Completed the application on 6/12, still waiting.
516 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, OS

Most TMDSAS applicants who are accepted do not receive a pre-match at any TX school. TTU is even less "prematch heavy" than several of the other TMDSAS schools, They haven't released specific numbers, but the dean of admissions recently stated that TTU extends prematch offers to a "select few" applicants.

Not getting an interview this early or an acceptance before the match is NOT the end of the world.
thank you so much, I can't stop thinking about the uncertainty of this whole process. I wish I could just see 1 year into the future lol. Also, maybe this is a dumb question, but should you think about what school is likely to accept you when you rank them for the match at all?

I haven't got a single II much less a diversity email from a school LMAO
Hang in there, I am a reapplying this year and still no interviews yet from any school and was complete mid June. I am from West Texas and would love to attend Tech. Some days hard to be optimistic. I am working as a scribe in the ER and trying to get more volunteer hours. I have already sent an update to the schools that allow them. Hopefully both of us will hear something by November for an interview.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hang in there, I am a reapplying this year and still no interviews yet from any school and was complete mid June. I am from West Texas and would love to attend Tech. Some days hard to be optimistic. I am working as a scribe in the ER and trying to get more volunteer hours. I have already sent an update to the schools that allow them. Hopefully both of us will hear something by November for an interview.
Can you please list the schools that allow an update letter. Thanks!

Can you please list the schools that allow an update letter. Thanks!
Foster and A&M don't accept updates, Mcgovern only accepts updates after an interview. Dell, I didn't hear back from admissions office. I sent updates to all the rest of the schools in Texas.

Finally got the II. Sent primary like in July (IS)

Reactions: 5 users
Has anybody gotten accepted yet? The early decision pool all heard back by 9/15/21.

Can't prematch until October 15th

Interview invite today at 1238pm, my first of this season. Interview on 10/8. Was complete around the second week of June, 510mcat, 3.96gpa, ORM, reapplicant. I am from West Texas. So excited, not only for my first interview, but I would love to attend Tech.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interview invite today at 1238pm, my first of this season. Interview on 10/8. Was complete around the second week of June, 510mcat, 3.96gpa, ORM, reapplicant. I am from West Texas. So excited, not only for my first interview, but I would love to attend Tech.
Congratulations! Best of luck to you :)

Just found this thread, completed secondary on 09/24, II on 09/28, interview (MD/PhD) complete on 10/01. anyone else applying for the MD/PhD program?

For those who have interviewed already, where do I see the exact times between 12-4 that the interview will be held? I'm supposed to interview here today/in 12 hours, but I don't see times on the portal and I don't have a separate email for it.

Congrats! Excited for you. Wishing you luck today!

Just as a heads up to everone: please don’t get your hopes up if you get an email inviting you to set up an eRaider account with TTUHSC. They send them to pretty much everyone and it has zero implications on your chances of admission. Last year, they sent them out in late January and a lot of people misunderstood what it meant.

Also, since 10/15 is coming up soon, I read through the last ten years’ SDN threads and compiled a brief summary of OOS acceptance data for 10/15. I did this just because I feel like OOS applicants don’t have as much information about when they can realistically expect to be accepted as they do not participate in the TMDSAS Match. Overall, it seems like it can vary greatly from year to year, but a large portion of OOS students are accepted in October and again off the WL. Scholarships for OOS can be given anytime from 10/15 to after matriculation, but all OOS students get a scholarship to lower their tuition to the IS rate.

2011-2012
10/17: OOS acceptance via email.
10/17: OOS acceptance with 4.00/31
10/17: OOS acceptance.
11/15: Lots of IS acceptances.

2012-2013
10/15: OOS acceptance via email.
10/15: OOS acceptance via email.
11/15: Comment made that acceptance for last year rolled out around 9 AM - 2 PM.

2013-2014
10/15: OOS acceptance with 35 MCAT.
11/18: Comment made that claims all OOS spots were already filled.

2014-2015
10/22: Comment made about hearing of two OOS acceptances already being offered.

2015-2016
10/15: OOS acceptance.
10/15: OOS acceptance with scholarship.
10/15: OOS acceptance with scholarship.
10/15: OOS acceptance with scholarship. (LizzyM 76)

2016-2017

2017-2018
10/16: OOS acceptance via email.
10/16: OOS acceptance via email.

vXvI2DH5tVWqLBUl_K_rvvC2o78Ka6Tj7RCisIxuKIJIZPU_sYL0j2fDLY2FNf-tVnLIJ858nPykr7Z_aLnsUECo63B-NxUUZxIw-VeDnE0YPVwNw4PpkP7m1YJ0Ukic3Of7kIdQ=s0

2018-2019
10/15: OOS acceptance.
10/20: Comment “Accepted on Oct 15th. OOS. LM 73.5. Interviewed 9/2/18”

2019-2020
10/15: OOS acceptance (interviewed 8/9).
10/15: Lots of pre-match (IS) offers as early as around 9 AM.
10/24: Another prematch offer.
11/6: Two more confirmed OOS acceptance that likely happened earlier.

2020-2021
10/15: lots of pre-match (IS) offers and
10/29: Another prematch (IS) offer.
11/12: Comment made: “OOS Accepted 11/12! Interviewed 10/16, LM 77”
1/21: Comment made “I'm an OOS applicant that hasn't heard back yet, so I decided to do a little digging into last year's thread. I found a total of 8 OOS applicants who posted that they got interviews. The earliest I saw was someone who got an II on 8/20 for a 9/11 interview. They were waitlisted on 3/6 and eventually accepted on 5/6. In total, I found two OOS that got accepted on 10/15 and 11/6. Then, 5 OOS applicants were waitlisted on 3/6. Four of those five were eventually accepted off the waitlist between 5/6 and 5/11. This is obviously a small sample size, but it does go to show that there is still hope for us OOS!”
3/12: OOS acceptance with 72 LizzyM and official waitlist release.
3/12: Multiple IS and OOS WL.
3/18: Multiple OOS rejections (post-II).
4/19: Comment made: “OOS MS1 here. Most OOS I know here got accepted from WL in May or later. Don't give up hope!”
5/4: IS acceptance off WL.
5/17: OOS acceptance off WL.
5/17: IS acceptance of WL.
This took some time to put together- thank you so much for sharing!

II this afternoon, complete in july/late june

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
II early this morning, IS complete late July

Reactions: 3 users
Prematch + $6000 scholarship at 10:46am CST!! the scholarship info is on the portal

edit: complete late june, interviewed in mid september, MD/MBA

edit 2: pisces 😳

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users