2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the white coat ceremony is mandatory?
You should ask the admissions office.

It's supposed to be a rite of passage and a memorable event for you and your family !
Not to mention, its a inspiring moment of for your younger siblings, if any.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe its mandatory since it is a part of orientation (I believe all of it was mandatory for us last year). However like the person above said, its best to just ask Touro.

Reactions: 1 user
anybody else get this email?
8C5AC4F5-EB15-4A10-B900-9EEE7FA01259.png

Just got the A and I received that email above

I have decided to attend another school. Hope the A goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
just got the acceptance and approval for deferral for 2023, hope someone can take my seat

Just got accepted, but already going somewhere else, hope the A goes to one of you guys 💖

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! This has been the most torturous process and I really feel for everyone going through it. Stay strong, you will make it!

I had already submitted 30 MD apps and 10 DO apps for next cycle and had been studying for the MCAT non stop.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A! This has been the most torturous process and I really feel for everyone going through it. Stay strong, you will make it!

I had already submitted 30 MD apps and 10 DO apps for next cycle and had been studying for the MCAT non stop.
Im sooo glad you got the A. It's been rough for those who almost or will have to reapply. I can't imagine keeping up with the grind on top of burnout.

Congrats!!!

• Care
Exams are pretty much every week. Attendance is still up in the air tho it’s almost certain that it’s gonna be required attendance for things like anatomy lab, pd and omm

I received the waitlist status check email on 6/21. Has everyone who has gotten off the waitlist received that email prior and if so, how long before? Hoping for some WL movement soon :(

I’ve decided to go to another school. It’s not over yet my fellow waitlisted peers.

Does anyone know is Touro will send an “end of cycle” email to waitlisted students?
All I know is that 8/1 classes start so if you don't get an A by then its safe to assume that its over.

Send them a letter of update/interest. I sent them one and they invited me for an interview the day after
Hello, who did you send your letter of interest to? I am a current TouroCOM applicant and have not heard anything from them yet.