2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So uh, what is up with AP score reports? I took my AP exams in 2008. 7 5s and 1 4. In what format do I need to order them in so I can prepare in advance?

Hi just FYI I just called the Admissions from the Middletown Campus but this info applies to both of the NY campus:
1. They are only using Casper part of the Casper test. They are going to receive and can see your score of Duet and Snapshot but they are not utilizing it. I asked so can i just ignore the other two parts for just this school (if I am only applying to Touro) and the guy is like uhhh maybe still take it...? so it's up to you
2. They are sending secondaries in August at the earlist, and very likely in Sep.
3. Interview dates are still being decided but no earlier than Oct (yeah I am surprised too). And interview dates are being cut shorter this year becuase of Jewish holidays and faculties have fewer available days.

Hope the info helps! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi just FYI I just called the Admissions from the Middletown Campus but this info applies to both of the NY campus:
1. They are only using Casper part of the Casper test. They are going to receive and can see your score of Duet and Snapshot but they are not utilizing it. I asked so can i just ignore the other two parts for just this school (if I am only applying to Touro) and the guy is like uhhh maybe still take it...? so it's up to you
2. They are sending secondaries in August at the earlist, and very likely in Sep.
3. Interview dates are still being decided but no earlier than Oct (yeah I am surprised too). And interview dates are being cut shorter this year becuase of Jewish holidays and faculties have fewer available days.

Hope the info helps! :)

Thank you for this!

Im confused by the email we all just got. Will secondaries be sent soon then?

App got confirmed as well. I also just sent in my CASPER results - not sure how long it takes for them to send, but I should still be considered "early" since it'll be delivered before the end of August when secondaries are about to come out, right?

App got confirmed as well. I also just sent in my CASPER results - not sure how long it takes for them to send, but I should still be considered "early" since it'll be delivered before the end of August when secondaries are about to come out, right?
It takes up to three weeks from when you take CASPEr to when it is delivered to schools. Alongside that, schools may have a delay in the processing of that but if you just sent your results, they will get them by late August so you will be indeed early and I believe that is why they start review so late. To give an opportunity to those complete a little later than usual like me.

is the secondary app specific to either harlem or middletown or will accepted students choose later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone having difficulty filling out the "Name" section on the downloaded supplemental form? Mine is missing a grey box so I am unable to type in that section.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone having difficulty filling out the "Name" section on the downloaded supplemental form? Mine is missing a grey box so I am unable to type in that section.
me! I just emailed it to them and said I couldn't fill that part out.

Reactions: 1 users
me! I just emailed it to them and said I couldn't fill that part out.
I converted the doc to PDF and then used the fill and sign feature on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to fill out the app and mark my preferences. But for the essay part, I had to convert the pdf back to a doc. It's annoying but def try that lol

I converted the doc to PDF and then used the fill and sign feature on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to fill out the app and mark my preferences. But for the essay part, I had to convert the pdf back to a doc. It's annoying but def try that lol
Just realized I am unable to convert back to a Word doc because I'm not subscribed to the Pro version of Adobe. I think I will just send the form as is and indicate in the email that I was unable to fill in my name - like @treblemaker97 did.

Just realized I am unable to convert back to a Word doc because I'm not subscribed to the Pro version of Adobe. I think I will just send the form as is and indicate in the email that I was unable to fill in my name - like @treblemaker97 did.
Print it. Write your name and scan it as PDF using Genius Scan app on your mobile phone

$200 for a secondary is actually insane, why mark it up so much? It's making me reconsider whether I actually wanna spend that money to apply here

You can do it for free online! Just search up pdf to word converter and Adobe online will give you the option to do it for free. There are other third party websites that will do this too :)

The fact they are relying on email to process the secondaries will lead to a messy cycle.

Do we submit the online app first and then email the essay to them?

Do you guys stick to the available space for your essay prompt or actually went over to the next page?

Can we email back the supplement as a pdf or does it have to be a doc? If it's a PDF, it would personally be easier to write stuff like the name, etc. since that doesn't work on the doc version

Can we email back the supplement as a pdf or does it have to be a doc? If it's a PDF, it would personally be easier to write stuff like the name, etc. since that doesn't work on the doc version
Doc for the supplement and pdf everything else required

How are you guys putting in name in the document? That field is not allowing input

I was thinking of submitting as pdf because I can add name then. Does not specify that they care for one version or the other so should be fine?

Wondering the same. I am having a hard time cutting down but they said to limit the length so idk what to do
are you guys answering just one of their suggested questions or kinda combining them all?? its so hard to answer it all in the space given!

Are they really going to reject us if we upload as a pdf since their word document is broken ._.

It's going to take 2 weeks for my AP scores to come, so I can't send in my secondary until I get those back. Do you think that delay will harm me? Should I reach out to anyone? I'm hugely concerned by that...

It's going to take 2 weeks for my AP scores to come, so I can't send in my secondary until I get those back. Do you think that delay will harm me? Should I reach out to anyone? I'm hugely concerned by that...
You are not alone in this process and don’t worry about a two week “delay”, this is just the beginning of the cycle

AP credits should've been marked in your college transcript that was submitted to Aacomas ? Right ?
Shouldn't that be enough to submit your Secondary ?

Hey I have some questions about the secondary app. If I already applied to Touro Nevada last week, do I have to list it under the "Previous Applicant" Section?

Also, how are you guys writing the "personal statement" in the essay portion? How long is the essay supposed to be and should I try and address all of the sample questions in the prompt?

Hey I have some questions about the secondary app. If I already applied to Touro Nevada last week, do I have to list it under the "Previous Applicant" Section?

Also, how are you guys writing the "personal statement" in the essay portion? How long is the essay supposed to be and should I try and address all of the sample questions in the prompt?
I tried my best two answer 2-3 of the questions, I filled up the entire page for my essay since they told us to limit it to the page.

Received a reply from my secondary submission to put my name in the ID field. I resent it with my name and then my AACOMAS ID in the same field. hope this helps!