2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi just FYI I just called the Admissions from the Middletown Campus but this info applies to both of the NY campus:
1. They are only using Casper part of the Casper test. They are going to receive and can see your score of Duet and Snapshot but they are not utilizing it. I asked so can i just ignore the other two parts for just this school (if I am only applying to Touro) and the guy is like uhhh maybe still take it...? so it's up to you
2. They are sending secondaries in August at the earlist, and very likely in Sep.
3. Interview dates are still being decided but no earlier than Oct (yeah I am surprised too). And interview dates are being cut shorter this year becuase of Jewish holidays and faculties have fewer available days.

Hope the info helps! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi just FYI I just called the Admissions from the Middletown Campus but this info applies to both of the NY campus:
1. They are only using Casper part of the Casper test. They are going to receive and can see your score of Duet and Snapshot but they are not utilizing it. I asked so can i just ignore the other two parts for just this school (if I am only applying to Touro) and the guy is like uhhh maybe still take it...? so it's up to you
2. They are sending secondaries in August at the earlist, and very likely in Sep.
3. Interview dates are still being decided but no earlier than Oct (yeah I am surprised too). And interview dates are being cut shorter this year becuase of Jewish holidays and faculties have fewer available days.

Thank you!

This was very helpful, thank you!

Are you going to do snapshot/duet?

Already done, imo I don't know why a lot of applicants don't do it because they each take 10-15 minutes and some schools want them. Better to present yourself as someone who does more than the bare minimum (especially when the "more" in question is not a whole lot more)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this year, the secondary is still $200? I just can't do it if it is. That's...insane.

It is unfortunately :(
Not doing it. That's just insane, I'm still barely paying off my other 23 secondaries and they are so damn late. I honestly think they probably lose a lot of applicants because of this. After my friend got into his top school he sent them a strongly worded email about the cost of their secondary

do we have to pick between harlem & middletown? Like there is no option to apply to both?

do we have to pick between harlem & middletown? Like there is no option to apply to both?
when you download the word doc there's an option to choose both. on the app however you can only choose one

Last edited:
saw the $200 secondary fee and now I'm second-guessing submitting this application. i wanted to get yalls opinions on if I should submit or not based off my stats! thanks in advance :)

cGPA: 3.41 (strong upwards trend)
sGPA: 3.36
MCAT: 505 (2nd attempt, potentially might be taking it for a third time in January depending on how things go between now and december)
shadowed both an allopathic and osteopathic doctor
volunteering (both healthcare and non-healthcare as well as in underserved communities)
2x undergraduate research assistant

In the supplemental application form, there is no grey box to input your name, I assume to just leave this blank as there is also an AACOMAS ID box?

And in the email, it says "Do NOT upload the supplemental application to the AY application". But the on the application system, it informs you to upload the document?

Does anyone know if this year, the secondary is still $200? I just can't do it if it is. That's...insane.
Are you kidding me? Is it even worth applying? My stats are good but I’m out of state. $200 is ridiculous.

Are the secondary prompts the same as last year? Could anyone post the prompts please? :) Thank you!!

When I review a PDF of my secondary it shows sections it never asked me to fill out (e.g. Secondary/HS Academic Record). Is it supposed to be like that or am I missing something?

When I review a PDF of my secondary it shows sections it never asked me to fill out (e.g. Secondary/HS Academic Record). Is it supposed to be like that or am I missing something?
Yes, they said to ignore the PDF that is generated. My PDF also showed categories that were not in the supplemental.

Yes, they said to ignore the PDF that is generated. My PDF also showed categories that were not in the supplemental.
Must have missed that when I read their email. Thank you so much!!!!

Hey I have some questions about the secondary app. If I already applied to Touro Nevada last week, do I have to list it under the "Previous Applicant" Section?

Also, how are you guys writing the "personal statement" in the essay portion. How long is the essay supposed to be and should I try and address all of the sample questions in the prompt?

saw the $200 secondary fee and now I'm second-guessing submitting this application. i wanted to get yalls opinions on if I should submit or not based off my stats! thanks in advance :)

cGPA: 3.41 (strong upwards trend)
sGPA: 3.36
MCAT: 505 (2nd attempt, potentially might be taking it for a third time in January depending on how things go between now and december)
shadowed both an allopathic and osteopathic doctor
volunteering (both healthcare and non-healthcare as well as in underserved communities)
2x undergraduate research assistant
Congrats on a 505 the second time! You must have worked so incredibly hard. I think with your stats it is best to apply DO as well but I personally am not submitting after I saw the fee. Its' robbery

Are you kidding me? Is it even worth applying? My stats are good but I’m out of state. $200 is ridiculous.
OOS as well. It makes me so angry just looking at it I don't want to go to a school like that. This will be my third DO school I'm not completing a secondary for so I'm losing a few I was originally applying to but I sure as hell am not doing touro's for $200. The most expensive I had was $130 from NYMC and I shed tears at that one.

OOS as well. It makes me so angry just looking at it I don't want to go to a school like that. This will be my third DO school I'm not completing a secondary for so I'm losing a few I was originally applying to but I sure as hell am not doing touro's for $200. The most expensive I had was $130 from NYMC and I shed tears at that one.
right! $200 is insane lol. I didn't even get the secondary from Touro yet.

In the supplemental application form, there is no grey box to input your name, I assume to just leave this blank as there is also an AACOMAS ID box?

And in the email, it says "Do NOT upload the supplemental application to the AY application". But the on the application system, it informs you to upload the document?
I'm just going to leave the name section blank too. Also, you have to email them them e-application because they said that they won't look at anything that's uploaded to the actual supplemental.

just want to say the sec is a little rough for me...there is no "why touro" , just one single essay the personal statement. With that much space I can't fit even 80% of my pre-written ones...the title says "Please Discuss how ... for meeting TOURO ‘s mission, goals, or objectives." yet the questions/guidelines are all why osteopathic med and some general experience questions. I am not sure how to approach this essay...I guess I have to cut out everything specifically Touro related to fit in that space.

and yes, I am not a native English speaker.

Hey I have some questions about the secondary app. If I already applied to Touro Nevada last week, do I have to list it under the "Previous Applicant" Section?

Also, how are you guys writing the "personal statement" in the essay portion? How long is the essay supposed to be and should I try and address all of the sample questions in the prompt?

I qualified for the AMCAS fee waiver but not AACOMAS, Touro said I could just email them my AMCAS FAP confirmation and they waived the secondary fee, if anyone is in a similar boat! $200 is so much

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive a completion email after emailing the secondary back yet?

I qualified for the AMCAS fee waiver but not AACOMAS, Touro said I could just email them my AMCAS FAP confirmation and they waived the secondary fee, if anyone is in a similar boat! $200 is so much
this is so helpful thanks for sharing!!

Also, how are you guys writing the "personal statement" in the essay portion? How long is the essay supposed to be and should I try and address all of the sample questions in the prompt?
+1 idk either. it's gonna be a very long essay if we address everything in the question prompt but I guess we should try to talk about everything they asked about

Hey guys, when you’ve submitted your secondary, have you received any email confirmation about the submission?

Did anyone submitted the secondary without sending paper copies of the AP score?

It says to use the space that's left on the page

I called admissions to ask a question and he mentioned that I could shadow med students on campus, does anyone know how I would sign up for that?