2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just went to check my status on the portal to see if anything changed and it gave me a service error .... spooky stuff

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just went to check my status on the portal to see if anything changed and it gave me a service error .... spooky stuff
Just checked my portal and it's still working for me! Anyone else have the error?

I feel like it'd be 5 pst, but tbh I'm not super convinced that they aren't just gonna wait until mid feb and release everyone up to december interviews
i heard back in December this cycle, and they sent emails at exactly 4pm PST. Obviously no guarantee it would be the same, but it does seem to trend to being released near end of day

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my portal and it's still working for me! Anyone else have the error?
to clarify, the only tab in the portal that gives me an error is the "status" tab but the rest of the website works! and am currently waiting for a post-II decision

to clarify, the only tab in the portal that gives me an error is the "status" tab but the rest of the website works! and am currently waiting for a post-II decision
yep, happening to me too 🤔

• Hmm
Is your status tab working now?

If some decisions come out today, do you think those would include December interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If some decisions come out today, do you think those would include December interviews?
Definitely a few I would say. Last round there were a few ppl from late October/November who commented, but seems like most for that time period are set for today (or whenever the next round is). Probably just depends on if your interviewer/whoever is responsible for presenting you did it in time. Last year it looks like December moreso skewed toward mid-Feb however

Definitely a few I would say. Last round there were a few ppl from late October/November who commented, but seems like most for that time period are set for today (or whenever the next round is). Probably just depends on if your interviewer/whoever is responsible for presenting you did it in time. Last year it looks like December moreso skewed toward mid-Feb however
I agree. The one thing I will add is that last year may not be accurate because of the cycle being pushed back. Or last year still may be accurate--who knows? It seems like everything is all over the place. I looked back at 2019-2020 thread, and there were more December interviewees who were included in the late Jan/early Feb decision release.

Ahh, my stomach is in knots. My friend was admitted in December at 6 PM EST, so I am thinking they won’t be out today, but maybe they will surprise us

I feel like it'd be 5 pst, but tbh I'm not super convinced that they aren't just gonna wait until mid feb and release everyone up to december interviews
Ahh, my stomach is in knots. My friend was admitted in December at 6 PM EST, so I am thinking they won’t be out today, but maybe they will surprise us
not me potentially manifesting another 2 (or more!) week wait oof...guess there's 1 hour left to see lol

welp... waitlisted. interviewed early december. i'm crushed, this was my dream school :(

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
A by email just now I'm crying 😭😭😭

Edit: Interviewed 12/13. A significant portion of the students I spoke to about UCSF were accepted off the waitlist and told me if I got a WL to not lose hope!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
WL, interviewed mid-Dec, good luck everyone and congrats to the As!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted by email!

Edit: Late Oct interview

Last edited:
  • Love
anyone from dec 9 interview hear back? congrats y’all!

Last edited:
Silence, interviewed 12/6. Congrats to the As! WL/R, keep your heads up, you got this

• Care
Silence, interviewed 12/6. Congrats to the As! WL/R, keep your heads up, you got this
Same.
So proud of everyone though. This is such a challenging road and the downsides hurt but y’all are strong (I almost cussed here) people and a WL/R does not define you at all!

Got the A!!!!!

Interviewed 12/13

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
silence from Dec 6th interview. Wondering if since we are also interviewing for PRIME is the acceptance/WL might come after PRIMEs decision? Idk, trying to rationalize not hearing anything… also stressed out like everyone else lol

silence from Dec 6th interview. Wondering if since we are also interviewing for PRIME is the acceptance/WL might come after PRIMEs decision? Idk, trying to rationalize not hearing anything… also stressed out like everyone else lol
I believe those who interviewed for PRIME won't get their decisions until late March. At least that was what the students during the PRIME panel told us and based on last yr's trend.

Not sure about prime, but one december interviewer commented so I'm pretty sure your decision date doesnt say anything about your chances. It's probably just dependent on if your interviewer had a chance to submit all their materials and the committee had a chance to deliberate before the deadline for a particular wave.

That is to say, not hearing back yet I'm p sure doesnt mean you will get waitlisted or R ed at all!

Just looked at the posts for the last decision date (Dec 15) and it looks like post-II A/WL/R were only posted that day, and not for Dec 16 or beyond...I suppose we can assume that if we didn't hear back yesterday we've been pushed to the next decision day?

I believe those who interviewed for PRIME won't get their decisions until late March. At least that was what the students during the PRIME panel told us and based on last yr's trend.
When you say decisions, do you mean UCSF+PRIME decisions or only PRIME decision in late March and UCSF decision should come before? I'm assuming they would come together?

Just looked at the posts for the last decision date (Dec 15) and it looks like post-II A/WL/R were only posted that day, and not for Dec 16 or beyond...I suppose we can assume that if we didn't hear back yesterday we've been pushed to the next decision day?
This might be the million dollar question, but do you know how many more decision dates are left?

Has anyone who interviewed for JMP gotten in to regular MD? Just looked and saw first JMP As last year were ~3/16. Wondering if I can expect an MD decision earlier/later

Just got my pre II R.. RIP staying in the Bay Area :( . Congrats to everyone who was accepted and best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!

• Care
When you say decisions, do you mean UCSF+PRIME decisions or only PRIME decision in late March and UCSF decision should come before? I'm assuming they would come together?
Both PRIME+UCSF at the same time in March. That’s what the students told us and what a friend who’s currently in the PRIME program told me when I spoke to him

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone waiting on pre-II feedback: I interviewed today (2/8) and during the morning meeting they told us that today was the last day of interviews for the cycle. Sending love to anyone who was waiting on this one <3

I got a call yesterday around 12:30 PT!! Got accepted to JMP!!!

• Love
Not really sure yet. We only just got a call and were told the email would be coming soon. I assume both?

Accepted into JMP as well!!! Got a call and will be notified by email soon

Accepted into JMP! Got the call today

Edit: also accepted JMP-PRIME

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users