2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those getting accepted! Super excited for y'all! 🙌🏼

Anyone know when they start accepting for PRIME?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a different between the waitlist and alternate list? I was placed on the alternate list but there is no rank number like last year. Any clue why? Did anybody who was waitlisted receive a rank?

Edit: I am an idiot, was accidentally looking at the PharmD thread. Lol. No ranking

Last edited:
WL regular MD from mid december interview. Would be cryin rn if I hadn't been accepted to my other top choice earlier today. I guess UCSF took away the difficulty of making a really hard decision.

edit: mines also called alternate list with no rank

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL regular MD from mid december interview. Would be cryin rn if I hadn't been accepted to my other top choice earlier today. I guess UCSF took away the difficulty of making a really hard decision.

edit: mines also called alternate list
sorry to hear that but congrats on your other A! did you just receive the WL email rn?

Post-II R unfortunately from UCSF! Assuming this means a R from JMP as well. Huge congrats to everyone admitted.

If anyone knows if you can get accepted to JMP and rejected from UCSF, please let me know to rekindle my hope.

Update: R from JMP too unfortunately! Best of luck to everyone else, it's a special program - I'm not sure I would have ended up there regardless due to merit scholarship/location considerations but it was an honor to be considered.

Last edited:

edit: mines also called alternate list with no rank
Thank you for the edit

oh my god i just got the A 😭 this was my top choice too. ahhh this is quite literally such a surreal day.

edit: interviewed early dec!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Wait, so I am confused. I got a call from JMP earlier in the day, and they said I would get an email later today or next week from them, but I just received an A from UCSF, so was I accepted to both JMP-UCSF and regular MD UCSF?

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, so I am confused. I got a call from JMP earlier in the day, and they said I would get an email later today or next week from them, but I just received an A from UCSF, so was I accepted to both JMP-UCSF and regular MD UCSF?
Con🥲gra😢tu😭la😥tions!
pretty sure you can only get into JMP and/or PRIME if you’re admitted to UCSF MD. So yes, you were accepted to both.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a post-II rejection. I interviewed at NYU, temple, and UCSF this year and still no acceptance. Feeling like a loser. Anyone have any advice?
Plenty didn't even get the opportunity. If you're a loser (and you're not) others are trash. But seriously, you pick yourself up . Getting invited is a huge accomplishment.

Plenty didn't even get the opportunity. If you're a loser (and you're not) others are trash. But seriously, you pick yourself up . Getting invited is a huge accomplishment.
But like what else can I even do moving forward if I got those great interviews and prepared a lot for them and I felt they went really well

But like what else can I even do moving forward if I got those great interviews and prepared a lot for them and I felt they went really well
You can do everything right and still not get desired outcome. Not failure. It's called life. There's luck in this process and you've heard it's a crapshoot , it's true to an extent. Do you believe your application is the best in the country? If not, start there, if you insist on doing something to feel progress. Also how we feel isn't always the accurate measure of how we did. Plenty of premeds think they scored poorly on MCAT then crushed it as an example. Vice versa

I just got a post-II rejection. I interviewed at NYU, temple, and UCSF this year and still no acceptance. Feeling like a loser. Anyone have any advice?
Hey, I’m right there with you. You’re not alone, I only had one interview and now I’m on the waitlist. What’s helped me is sitting down and unpacking the big, overwhelming feeling of disappointment and stress. And you know what, I found that most of that was coming from the weight of my expectations and the pressure I was putting on myself to have this part of my life go as planned, to be perfect. Which it may, or it may not and part of that I can control, but a lot of it I cannot. But I can control how I react to it. We’ve had a lot of obstacles we’ve overcome to get to this point, and you are no loser and you would never dare call a friend that is going through what you are a loser. You might even consider them to be the smartest, kindest, and most resilient person you know. So maybe today we can take a moment to be upset and angry, but we can look at tomorrow as an opportunity to be kinder to ourselves. To live in this beautiful, unpredictable moment of life. And to remember there are many more challenges we must face, and there’s really no rush to get there, that ticking clock comes from us and only we have the power to turn it off. Although today we might seem so very far from reaching our dreams, we’re actually closer than we’ve ever been. I love movies and one of my favorite quotes is: “why do we fall, Bruce. So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up.” I hope this helps, it’s helping me as I write it. Maybe journaling will help you, sending love ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Got an unexpected A yesterday! IS. URM. Congrats everyone! And good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Interviewed 11/14

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
So I didn’t know because Gmail decided to put it in my “promotions” folder but I got accepted on the 18th!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone else on the alternate list not able to see UCSF on choose your med school?

Reactions: 3 users
I understand UCSF is a pretty competitive school, so most acceptances are not denied, but does anyone know how many people usually move off the alternate list? Thank you!

I understand UCSF is a pretty competitive school, so most acceptances are not denied, but does anyone know how many people usually move off the alternate list? Thank you!
MSAR reports approximately 150 applicants in waitlist positions with approximately 50 offered acceptances.

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package or know when they start getting sent out?

MSAR reports approximately 150 applicants in waitlist positions with approximately 50 offered acceptances.
last year, people on SDN said they called the office of admissions and were told that there was less WL movement than in previous years. i think it's really variable depending on the year

Does anyone know when the next decision day is?

Also, do February interviewees have the same shot as October/November interviewees or are we just interviewing for the waitlist?

Also, do February interviewees have the same shot as October/November interviewees or are we just interviewing for the waitlist?
Here's a few numbers I've pulled based on prior years' SDN threads and FB groups. (pretty neurotic of me lol but i REALLY want to go to UCSF and i'm trying to see what the chances of getting pulled from the waitlist are).

Currently, there are 184 non-admin members in the Class of 2026 FB group. Based on last year's thread, it seems like they accepted ~215 applicants outright, prior to April 30th. However, this is based on the Class of 2025 FB group, and there could have been some accepted students who didn't join the group yet.

Also, this is the total amount of accepted students for the past 4 classes:
  • 2022: 371
  • 2023: 354
  • 2024: 297
  • 2025: 285

So, based on the trend, I'd say there are around 30 spots left for post-II As, and considerably less waitlist movement this year (since there will probably be even less total acceptances). However, they have accepted more students so far this year than they did around the same time last year (at least, based on reported FB numbers from last year's SDN thread).

Here's a few numbers I've pulled based on prior years' SDN threads and FB groups. (pretty neurotic of me lol but i REALLY want to go to UCSF and i'm trying to see what the chances of getting pulled from the waitlist are).

Currently, there are 184 non-admin members in the Class of 2026 FB group. Based on last year's thread, it seems like they accepted ~215 applicants outright, prior to April 30th. However, this is based on the Class of 2025 FB group, and there could have been some accepted students who didn't join the group yet.

Also, this is the total amount of accepted students for the past 4 classes:
  • 2022: 371
  • 2023: 354
  • 2024: 297
  • 2025: 285

So, based on the trend, I'd say there are around 30 spots left for post-II As, and considerably less waitlist movement this year (since there will probably be even less total acceptances). However, they have accepted more students so far this year than they did around the same time last year (at least, based on reported FB numbers from last year's SDN thread).
If it makes you feel better, a lot of the people in the group are current med students, not prospective ones (this is already excluding the admin members). So there are likely less than 184 accepted students rn, not accounting for ppl who don’t use FB

hey y’all! does anyone know when ucsf typically sends out financial aid info?