2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There was an email that said they would start March 15th so hopefully next week!
What was the email subject? Can't seem to find this.

Members don't see this ad.

What was the email subject? Can't seem to find this.
“UCSF Financial Aid - Financial Aid Application”. I got it February 23rd. It was towards the bottom of the email:

“Once we have completed the review process of your financial aid application a financial aid offer letter will be sent to you via your UCSF e-mail account. Award notification correspondence will begin starting March 15th 2022”

Admittedly, I don’t know how to get into the UCSF email account and should probably see if they already sent those instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
“UCSF Financial Aid - Financial Aid Application”. I got it February 23rd. It was towards the bottom of the email:

“Once we have completed the review process of your financial aid application a financial aid offer letter will be sent to you via your UCSF e-mail account. Award notification correspondence will begin starting March 15th 2022”

Admittedly, I don’t know how to get into the UCSF email account and should probably see if they already sent those instructions.
Interesting, mine doesn't mention any dates, just says to complete it.

And your ucsf email i assume is just the AMCAS one since I don't think you'd have a .ucsf one unless you committed

Interesting, mine doesn't mention any dates, just says to complete it.

And your ucsf email i assume is just the AMCAS one since I don't think you'd have a .ucsf one unless you committed
Oh that’s so weird! I wonder why that is. Here’s a screenshot!

Attachments

• B000EB22-44A7-477D-AF9E-C6CDA7398012.png
    B000EB22-44A7-477D-AF9E-C6CDA7398012.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 246
Oh it might be because I started a finaid app well before being admitted, so got a much more abbreviated email
Sort of same! I finished mine back in December/beginning of January but still got this. Honestly everything is weird lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Any December acceptees receive the DocuSign form for the Technical Standards yet? The portal said it would be sent starting at the end of February...

Has anyone that applied PRIME-SJV heard back or have an idea of when we will hear back?

Has anyone that applied PRIME-SJV heard back or have an idea of when we will hear back?

Also wondering this for PRIME-US.
Doesn't seem like there have been many prime acceptances on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Y'all, I just got waitlisted! (PRIME applicant)
Idk how to feel 🫠

Just got my rejection from UCSF. Does this mean I’m rejected from the JMP as well?

anyone know if we actually get financial aid packages this week?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know what the waitlist movement look like for UCSF? Just got a WL from MD and the JMP program. :/

WL for reg MD (interviewed on a PRIME day) but have yet to hear from JMP. Honestly pretty heartbroken, ucsf is my absolute dream and i really felt like my interviews went well :/

• Care
Anyone know when second look is? Also does ucsf subsidize travel for FAP recipients for second look? I ask because my other schools with in person second looks sent me info about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when second look is? Also does ucsf subsidize travel for FAP recipients for second look? I ask because my other schools with in person second looks sent me info about it.
It is scheduled 4/22-4/24. I haven’t heard anything. Details were supposed to go out early March

For those of us who have to travel for Accepted Student Weekend do people usually stay in a hotel? The school wouldn’t reimburse us right ?

Got some info from Hallen regarding upcoming dates/finaid!

-Finaid office is working hard on packages and they should be out between this thursday and next monday for ppl that have all the forms completed

-ASW is currently set to happen in-person from April 22-24, formal invites going out later this week
-you'll need to be fully vaxxed + boosted

-sounds like the meat of it will be the first two days, the rest would mainly just be an opportunity to explore the city together
-for folks traveling from out-of-state and with financial need, they're working on securing hotels/accomodations since COVID restrictions most likely wouldn't allow us to stay with current students rn
-for folks with financial need/using FAP, they'll be able to cover up to 50% of travel costs (plane tix, lodging, etc) up to a reasonable amount. You would still have to pay out of pocket initially but financial aid can reimburse you within 4-5 weeks afterwards

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hello friendos!
Current MS1 here :) I wanted to let everyone know that the financial aid is currently open for Zoom appointments! (no need to wait until ASW to speak to the FinAid office)

How to get to the Zoom:
(1) Go to the UCSF Financial Aid Website: UCSF Student Financial Services | UCSF Student Financial Services
(2) Click on the "Zoom Virtual Front Desk" light blue button on the right side of the page.
--- Virtual Front Desk Hours Mon–Fri 9 a.m–4 p.m. (closed 10 a.m.–10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.–2 p.m.)
(3) Enter the Zoom link and a Financial Aid representative will be there to answer any of your questions.

Happy to answer any questions that folks have! :D

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got some info from Hallen regarding upcoming dates/finaid!

-Finaid office is working hard on packages and they should be out between this thursday and next monday for ppl that have all the forms completed

-ASW is currently set to happen in-person from April 22-24, formal invites going out later this week
-you'll need to be fully vaxxed + boosted

-sounds like the meat of it will be the first two days, the rest would mainly just be an opportunity to explore the city together
-for folks traveling from out-of-state and with financial need, they're working on securing hotels/accomodations since COVID restrictions most likely wouldn't allow us to stay with current students rn
-for folks with financial need/using FAP, they'll be able to cover up to 50% of travel costs (plane tix, lodging, etc) up to a reasonable amount. You would still have to pay out of pocket initially but financial aid can reimburse you within 4-5 weeks afterwards
I hate that it’s the same weekend as DGSOM 😭

Does anyone know how many members of the FB group are not accepted students? Wondering how much hope there is for waitlist movement

• Dislike