You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted555445
low GPA (although good postbacc) high MCAT IS MD-only no secondary yet. My low GPA might’ve gotten me moved to a different pile, although I’ve gotten a few other UCs automatically
low GPA (although good postbacc) high MCAT IS MD-only no secondary yet. My low GPA might’ve gotten me moved to a different pile, although I’ve gotten a few other UCs automatically
I’m also low GPA, high MCAT, no secondary. But I’m OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
shendershot
Full Member
+1 🙂OOS Secondary received!
D
deleted555445
Follow up question, has everyone assigned their LOR's and had them all submitted before getting a secondary? I'm still waiting on one and haven't assigned any yet to UCLA
I did assign and have mine submitted, but I don't think this is important. In their email they write "We advise that you do not wait for your letters of recommendation to submit as this may cause you to miss your deadline." I'm sure you will get one relatively soon!Follow up question, has everyone assigned their LOR's and had them all submitted before getting a secondary? I'm still waiting on one and haven't assigned any yet to UCLA
D
deleted555445
Awesome thanks!I did assign and have mine submitted, but I don't think this is important. In their email they write "We advise that you do not wait for your letters of recommendation to submit as this may cause you to miss your deadline." I'm sure you will get one relatively soon!
D
deleted1106140
It is important. I emailed UCLA and they said they review LORs before giving out secondaries. So most likely, your app hasn't been reviewed yet (unless they review if it's there but don't review the LORs if it isn't)Awesome thanks!
D
deleted555445
Oh... interesting. Okay I just assigned all my letters, still waiting on one though. I'll update everyone if this results in a secondary.It is important. I emailed UCLA and they said they review LORs before giving out secondaries. So most likely, your app hasn't been reviewed yet (unless they review if it's there but don't review the LORs if it isn't)
D
deleted1074206
My LORs/committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet so that makes sense then that I haven't gotten a secondaryIt is important. I emailed UCLA and they said they review LORs before giving out secondaries. So most likely, your app hasn't been reviewed yet (unless they review if it's there but don't review the LORs if it isn't)
Idk if this helps, but I'm an OOS MSTP high stats, no IAs, all letters in, with no secondary, only primary received email
Update: High stats, OOS, reapplicant, MSTP, have an IA, got secondary this time just now, did not get secondary last time I applied MD only
what is IA?IS secondary received just now with minor IA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
FYI I got my secondary just now, assigned all my letters about 2 hours ago. Still missing one letter though, from my current employer and research advisor. Could be a coincidence, or they could be waiting on assigned LOR's or at least 3. Who knows.Oh... interesting. Okay I just assigned all my letters, still waiting on one though. I'll update everyone if this results in a secondary.
Institutional actionwhat is IA?
Inept Applicantwhat is IA?
D
deleted1106140
Congrats. Guess my app isn't good...FYI I got my secondary just now, assigned all my letters about 2 hours ago. Still missing one letter though, from my current employer and research advisor. Could be a coincidence, or they could be waiting on assigned LOR's or at least 3. Who knows.
D
deleted555445
They probably just have a weird workflow, I definitely wouldn't stress for a while longerCongrats. Guess my app isn't good...
IS, High Stats, verified early June also haven't received.
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
nothing from ucla, no IAs on my application. OOS
D
deleted1106140
What counts as basic or clinical science? Would computer science or mathematics research that has nothing to do with healthcare or the human body count?
High stats, no IA's, OOS, just received secondary this morning.
localcryptid
New Member
hello friends - avg stats, no IA OOS secondary yesterday. verified early-ish and had all my letters in for a few weeks
proteinfolder
Full Member
Are they just sending out OOS secondaries right now? Seems like very few IS secondaries have been sent
Was just about to ask this!
D
deleted555445
I got one IS regular MD yesterday, they appear to be rolling out fairly slow and steadyWas just about to ask this!
I received my secondary early this morning. OOS
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
+1 OOSOOS, no IA, LM 70: secondary received this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106140
IS secondary received this morning.
supermelon
Full Member
Verified on 07/09, IS secondary received today. Surprised by the quick turnaround, average stats
proteinfolder
Full Member
IS still waiting verified 7/6. Starting to worry :/
D
deleted1106140
I was verified 6/25 and just got my secondary today.IS still waiting verified 7/6. Starting to worry :/
I'm in the same boat. IS, verified 6/02 LM 74IS still waiting verified 7/6. Starting to worry :/
OOS secondary received early this morning! Verified 06/22
+1OOS secondary received early this morning! Verified 06/22
International applicant - secondary received this morning. Im assuming prompts have not changed from last year?
+2
Mine was sent at 3am PST, which seems weird for a school with a manual screen. Maybe they approved ours with the first batch a couple days ago but just wanted to stagger it?
+3 the time caught my eye….and on a weekend too, not sure what’s happening @ UCLA lol+2
Mine was sent at 3am PST, which seems weird for a school with a manual screen. Maybe they approved ours with the first batch a couple days ago but just wanted to stagger it?
globalatworst
Full Member
Was surprised to get a secondary this morning ! OOS and just submitted my primary to UCLA yesterday
Could anyone post their updated stats and total applicants from MSAR plz?
Total applicants: 11,778 (5571 IS, 5614 OOS)Could anyone post their updated stats and total applicants from MSAR plz?
Accepted applicants MCAT: 516 (50th percentile), 509 (10th percentile)
Accepted applicants cGPA: 3.84 (50th percentile), 3.51 (10th percentile)
Accepted applicants sGPA: 3.81 (50th percentile), 3.40 (10th percentile)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many applicants receive the secondary btw?
D
deleted1106140
I would say anything as long as you can tie it to your missions in the "outstanding physician, and...". However, hobbies may be a lot weaker if you only do them in your house, for example, and have never contributed to society with it.Describe your most unique leadership, entrepreneurial, or creative activity. (800 characters)
How are people responding to this? Does "Creative activity" specifically mean something in the arts or could I answer this with a unique hobby ?
Anyone else not receive it yet? I'm confused.
proteinfolder
Full Member
Anyone else not receive it yet? I'm confused.
Still waiting here. Trusting the rollout is just slow this year.