2021-2022 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seattle waitlist now on 25 according to portal!! Hope it keeps creeping up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone accepted off of Spokane WL willing to share rank? I know that they have accepted 4 from the WL but I don’t know what rank they are at. Thanks!
Spokane Waitlist Applicant: My understanding is that they have accepted up to the 4th rank applicant.

Last edited:
Just got the call!!!! Accepted off the Seattle cohort AL #26. I'll be taking up their offer. Been dreaming of attending UW Medicine for 10 years.

Edit: If any neurotic premeds want an excellent job working very closely with docs, nurses, and pts in a high volume General Surgery clinic at UWMC, send me a dm. Some of the docs are well connected in the UW Med system....

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!!! Accepted off the Seattle cohort AL #26. I'll be taking up their offer. Been dreaming of attending UW Medicine for 10 years.

Edit: If any neurotic premeds want an excellent job working very closely with docs, nurses, and pts in a high volume General Surgery clinic at UWMC, send me a dm. Some of the docs are well connected in the UW Med system....
Congratulations! Thank you for updating us. Any news nowadays is better than no news!:)

link to FB group for Seattle cohort!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if we could anticipate any more movement for the Seattle waitlist? Just asking to know if I should start making alternate plans

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call at 5pm Seattle time today. #27 off the list! Good luck to the rest of the AL fellows. :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if we could anticipate any more movement for the Seattle waitlist? Just asking to know if I should start making alternate plans
If this is your top choice, but you are admitted elsewhere, stay flexible until the last possible moment (edit: e.g. hold off on signing a lease). The CTE date is not until June 14th, which means movement is likely up until then and possible even beyond that point. They stated that they take people from the AL until orientation starts in July. If you don't have the option to attend anywhere else, start working on reapplying.

If this is your top choice, but you are admitted elsewhere, stay flexible until the last possible moment (edit: e.g. hold off on signing a lease). The CTE date is not until June 14th, which means movement is likely up until then and possible even beyond that point. They stated that they take people from the AL until orientation starts in July. If you don't have the option to attend anywhere else, start working on reapplying.
Super fair, but also if UW is your top choice, losing that deposit on the perfect place located around the corner from the school you already have an acceptance to is really a drop in the bucket.

I decided to take this approach bc I feel like it gives me more autonomy over my life rather than waiting and hoping everyday hahaha. But this is also very WL position dependent. Just food for thought

Reactions: 2 users
Super fair, but also if UW is your top choice, losing that deposit on the perfect place located around the corner from the school you already have an acceptance to is really a drop in the bucket.

I decided to take this approach bc I feel like it gives me more autonomy over my life rather than waiting and hoping everyday hahaha. But this is also very WL position dependent. Just food for thought
Yea, that's true. It really depends on everyone's individual situation.

Reactions: 1 users
Seattle waitlist is now at 28! I hope everyone who's waiting for movement is hanging in there.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Seattle waitlist at 30! 3 seats moved in 3 days is pretty unexpected but hopefully the pace keeps up!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
How are my waitlist people doing? Any predictions on how many more they'll take?

Just following up, if any neurotic premeds want an excellent job working very closely with docs, nurses, and pts in a high volume General Surgery clinic at UWMC, send me a dm. Some of the docs are well connected in the UW Med system....

My supervisor also wanted me to note that all of the pre-medical students and pre-dental students we've had have all been accepted to medical school.

Are there any reapplicants who were accepted the 2021-2022 cycle who would be willing to chat with me? :)