2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else already made an account the other day but now are unable to log back on?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First it was their maintenance and now I am getting a server error when I go to log in /:
Turns out I was putting in the wrong credentials but now I am able to log on, just make sure you're putting everything in right!

Did anyone get an email after you submitted?
No email received. The supplemental tab on the side just disappears. Home page has same message as it originally did (supplemental invite)

Reactions: 1 user
No email received. The supplemental tab on the side just disappears. Home page has same message as it originally did (supplemental invite)
OK thank you for telling me because I kind of got stressed that there was no indication that it was received and the tab totally disappears

Reactions: 1 users
OOS/int'l. Got the 'app received' email but no secondary :(.

PSA: after the app portal was fixed, I had to reset my PIN/password before I could log in again. Now the portal is (ostensibly) working again for me, and luckily everything I had entered was saved from before.

OK thank you for telling me because I kind of got stressed that there was no indication that it was received and the tab totally disappears
the home page says it might take up to 48 hours for confirmation

Is anyone elses application not showing paragraph breaks when they view the printable screen?

Is anyone elses application not showing paragraph breaks when they view the printable screen?
Yes, no paragraph breaks for me in the printable screen. Even tried to put two empty lines to see if that would change anything haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still getting a "The resource cannot be found." error?

Is anyone still getting a "The resource cannot be found." error?
Had the same issue last night. Be sure you are using the new password you created after initially logging in the first time.

Update: Received an application status update email in my spam folder. The homepage of my portal now says "Your MD file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application."

Previously after submission of my supplemental app, it would just bring me back to the home page that said I was invited to fill out a supplemental.

Update: Received an application status update email in my spam folder. The homepage of my portal now says "Your MD file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application."

Previously after submission of my supplemental app, it would just bring me back to the home page that said I was invited to fill out a supplemental.
same!

any help with the cultural humility question? i am stumped for some reason.

Are the general information questions on Step 4 also 2000 character limit?

It stopped once you reached 2500?
Yes, my essay was like 3000 characters and then it cut off the last few sentences of my essay after I pasted it in. By the time I had shortened it enough so that everything fit, I checked and it was 2500 characters. It doesn't say anywhere that there's a limit, but the text box will cut you off.

I created an account and started working on the secondary, but now I can't get back into the application. Anyone else having this problem?

If anyone already submitted the secondary, did you get any kind of confirmation email? I submitted but I did not get any email, and since the system seems to be having some issues, I am worried it might not have gone through

If anyone already submitted the secondary, did you get any kind of confirmation email? I submitted but I did not get any email, and since the system seems to be having some issues, I am worried it might not have gone through
It took me a day or two to receive a complete email, and it went to my spam folder. So be sure to check that frequently as well

No email sent out immediately after submitting secondary. Received email two days later in my spam box titled "VCU School of Medicine Admissions: Application Status Update."

I created an account and started working on the secondary, but now I can't get back into the application. Anyone else having this problem?
sometimes when I get an error message after logging in, if I refresh the page it fixes it

Hi all, I just submitted my secondary. Where do I check the status? I only see the home page message still that I have been granted a secondary application.

Hi all, I just submitted my secondary. Where do I check the status? I only see the home page message still that I have been granted a secondary application.
I’m pretty sure I got a email about checking application status, but it was in my spam! The email might’ve come a few days after submission I don’t remember
Edit: pretty sure I saw on the portal that it make take a few days to update status

does VCU send secondaries to all applicants or do they screen for something?

If it wasn't clear by reading this thread: That weird "primary recieved" email WAS THE SECONDARY. You had to go to the link and sign up (even though when they initially sent it out, the link didn't even work). Ugh! I only am realizing it now after having it for 8 days. I will make sure to get it done tomorrow :(

Never got the application received post-primary, but just got a random secondary invite just now. International; verified first day.

any help with the cultural humility question? i am stumped for some reason.
Same, I’m not completely sure what they are asking so I’m worried what I might say will not be in line with the question. What exactly are they looking for with this question?

Same, I’m not completely sure what they are asking so I’m worried what I might say will not be in line with the question. What exactly are they looking for with this question?
Have you ever worked with someone from a different culture than you, or someone who was raised with different values? Maybe there was a time you disagreed with them about something or couldn't understand their point of view. But maybe through communication and reflection you were able to see through the idea of right/wrong and come to have an understanding of their perspective. I hope that helps a little.

I ended up writing about how I made assumptions about a patient population and how my perceptions changed after working with them and what i will do differently in the future

Did anyone pick FM as one of their top specialties? I'm nervous about my essays. I love the field but I'm unsure of how competitive the stat program is

Complete yesterday, rejected today. Well, I'm glad for the fast turnaround at least. LM 74, OOS.

Good luck everybody!

Update: apparently, this is very common so if you don’t have the required volunteering hours, donate your money to another school better.

Last edited:
Complete yesterday, rejected today. Well, I'm glad for the fast turnaround at least. LM 74, OOS.

Good luck everybody!
Wow sorry about that! I’m confused as to whether they screen for secondaries or they just take secondaries and reject anyways.
Do you know why you got rejected so fast? What the heck

• Care
Wow sorry about that! I’m confused as to whether they screen for secondaries or they just take secondaries and reject anyways.
Do you know why you got rejected so fast? What the heck
I wish they told me the reason but I speculate that I might be a sociopath given my 1st quartile Casper score.

Or there could be other reasons.

Last edited:

Good luck everybody!
Whaaat thats a crazy turn around... I really am wondering then maybe Casper is looked at as a huge part of the selection process. I only have a LM of almost 69 completed a few days ago and says under review. Will be interesting to see, I do have 4th quartile Casper score though.

VCU is doing this again? There must be something that they use. VCU is known for rejecting applicants within a day or two after they submit their secondary app. It is definitely not stats

Good luck everybody!

Update: apparently, this is very common so if you don’t have the required volunteering hours, donate your money to another school better.
did you get an email? or what happened?