You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First it was their maintenance and now I am getting a server error when I go to log in /:Anyone else already made an account the other day but now are unable to log back on?
Did anyone get an email after you submitted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Turns out I was putting in the wrong credentials but now I am able to log on, just make sure you're putting everything in right!First it was their maintenance and now I am getting a server error when I go to log in /:
No email received. The supplemental tab on the side just disappears. Home page has same message as it originally did (supplemental invite)Did anyone get an email after you submitted?
OK thank you for telling me because I kind of got stressed that there was no indication that it was received and the tab totally disappearsNo email received. The supplemental tab on the side just disappears. Home page has same message as it originally did (supplemental invite)
lupomed123
Full Member
Same here ☹️OOS/int'l. Got the 'app received' email but no secondary 🙁.
the home page says it might take up to 48 hours for confirmationOK thank you for telling me because I kind of got stressed that there was no indication that it was received and the tab totally disappears
Yes, no paragraph breaks for me in the printable screen. Even tried to put two empty lines to see if that would change anything hahaIs anyone elses application not showing paragraph breaks when they view the printable screen?
Are you just going to submit like that?Yes, no paragraph breaks for me in the printable screen. Even tried to put two empty lines to see if that would change anything haha
Yes, already submitted. It didn't really affect my essay very much imoAre you just going to submit like that?
sameYes, already submitted. It didn't really affect my essay very much imo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lupomed123
Full Member
Is anyone still getting a "The resource cannot be found." error?
Had the same issue last night. Be sure you are using the new password you created after initially logging in the first time.Is anyone still getting a "The resource cannot be found." error?
Update: Received an application status update email in my spam folder. The homepage of my portal now says "Your MD file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application."
Previously after submission of my supplemental app, it would just bring me back to the home page that said I was invited to fill out a supplemental.
Previously after submission of my supplemental app, it would just bring me back to the home page that said I was invited to fill out a supplemental.
same!Update: Received an application status update email in my spam folder. The homepage of my portal now says "Your MD file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application."
Previously after submission of my supplemental app, it would just bring me back to the home page that said I was invited to fill out a supplemental.
Are the general information questions on Step 4 also 2000 character limit?
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
I was able to write 2,500.Are the general information questions on Step 4 also 2000 character limit?
It stopped once you reached 2500?I was able to write 2,500.
Last edited:
Now the page is up but my login credentials are invalid...
lupomed123
Full Member
Using a different browser (chrome to safari) worked for me when I was having this issue!Now the page is up but my login credentials are invalid...
jmr75
Full Member
My application status update email also went to my Spam folder, even though the other emails didn't. Just a heads up everyone!same!
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
Yes, my essay was like 3000 characters and then it cut off the last few sentences of my essay after I pasted it in. By the time I had shortened it enough so that everything fit, I checked and it was 2500 characters. It doesn't say anywhere that there's a limit, but the text box will cut you off.It stopped once you reached 2500?
thegreaterhawk
New Member
I created an account and started working on the secondary, but now I can't get back into the application. Anyone else having this problem?
It took me a day or two to receive a complete email, and it went to my spam folder. So be sure to check that frequently as wellIf anyone already submitted the secondary, did you get any kind of confirmation email? I submitted but I did not get any email, and since the system seems to be having some issues, I am worried it might not have gone through
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No email sent out immediately after submitting secondary. Received email two days later in my spam box titled "VCU School of Medicine Admissions: Application Status Update."If anyone already submitted the secondary, did you get any kind of confirmation email? I submitted but I did not get any email, and since the system seems to be having some issues, I am worried it might not have gone through
Is the screen holistic?
sometimes when I get an error message after logging in, if I refresh the page it fixes itI created an account and started working on the secondary, but now I can't get back into the application. Anyone else having this problem?
Hi all, I just submitted my secondary. Where do I check the status? I only see the home page message still that I have been granted a secondary application.
loosecriminal
Full Member
I’m pretty sure I got a email about checking application status, but it was in my spam! The email might’ve come a few days after submission I don’t rememberHi all, I just submitted my secondary. Where do I check the status? I only see the home page message still that I have been granted a secondary application.
Edit: pretty sure I saw on the portal that it make take a few days to update status
RelevantBeing1
Full Member
If it wasn't clear by reading this thread: That weird "primary recieved" email WAS THE SECONDARY. You had to go to the link and sign up (even though when they initially sent it out, the link didn't even work). Ugh! I only am realizing it now after having it for 8 days. I will make sure to get it done tomorrow 🙁
Never got the application received post-primary, but just got a random secondary invite just now. International; verified first day.
formula_racer
New Member
Same, I’m not completely sure what they are asking so I’m worried what I might say will not be in line with the question. What exactly are they looking for with this question?any help with the cultural humility question? i am stumped for some reason.
Have you ever worked with someone from a different culture than you, or someone who was raised with different values? Maybe there was a time you disagreed with them about something or couldn't understand their point of view. But maybe through communication and reflection you were able to see through the idea of right/wrong and come to have an understanding of their perspective. I hope that helps a little.Same, I’m not completely sure what they are asking so I’m worried what I might say will not be in line with the question. What exactly are they looking for with this question?
D
deleted1073602
I ended up writing about how I made assumptions about a patient population and how my perceptions changed after working with them and what i will do differently in the futureSame, I’m not completely sure what they are asking so I’m worried what I might say will not be in line with the question. What exactly are they looking for with this question?
Did anyone pick FM as one of their top specialties? I'm nervous about my essays. I love the field but I'm unsure of how competitive the stat program is
Wow sorry about that! I’m confused as to whether they screen for secondaries or they just take secondaries and reject anyways.Complete yesterday, rejected today. Well, I'm glad for the fast turnaround at least. LM 74, OOS.
Good luck everybody!
Do you know why you got rejected so fast? What the heck
Zulka
Full Member
I wish they told me the reason but I speculate that I might be a sociopath given my 1st quartile Casper score.Wow sorry about that! I’m confused as to whether they screen for secondaries or they just take secondaries and reject anyways.
Do you know why you got rejected so fast? What the heck
Or there could be other reasons.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whaaat thats a crazy turn around... I really am wondering then maybe Casper is looked at as a huge part of the selection process. I only have a LM of almost 69 completed a few days ago and says under review. Will be interesting to see, I do have 4th quartile Casper score though.Complete yesterday, rejected today. Well, I'm glad for the fast turnaround at least. LM 74, OOS.
Good luck everybody!
Sorry about that @Zulka …did they send an email or just update the portal
Zulka
Full Member
Found an email in my spam saying application status changed, and rejection was on the portal.Sorry about that @Zulka …did they send an email or just update the portal
did you get an email? or what happened?Complete yesterday, rejected today. Well, I'm glad for the fast turnaround at least. LM 74, OOS.
Good luck everybody!
Update: apparently, this is very common so if you don’t have the required volunteering hours, donate your money to another school better.