2021-2022 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

For everyone considering applying, here's last cycle's secondary questions:
  • Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? What factors will be most important to you in choosing a medical school? 350 words.
  • How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and the University of Virginia School of Medicine? 350 words.
  • Describe a situation which you found challenging. How did you manage it? 350 words.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Intro Questions:

Please briefly describe how the pandemic impacted your ability to pursue experiences like clinical work, shadowing, research, or community service.

Please list any and all future activities in clinical work, shadowing, research, or community service that you plan to pursue in the upcoming year.

3 Essays:

Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? What factors will be most important to you in choosing a medical school?

How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and the University of Virginia School of Medicine?

Describe a situation which you found challenging. How did you manage it?

Reactions: 1 user
Intro Questions:

Please briefly describe how the pandemic impacted your ability to pursue experiences like clinical work, shadowing, research, or community service.

Please list any and all future activities in clinical work, shadowing, research, or community service that you plan to pursue in the upcoming year.

3 Essays:

Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? What factors will be most important to you in choosing a medical school?

How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and the University of Virginia School of Medicine?

What are the word/character counts?

OOS verified 7/1 but still haven't received secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having an issue with the character counts on essay 4 for MSTP? It shows 350 word limit but I can only enter 340 characters....

What did you guys do for the ones without a word limit--the covid question and the future activities question? how long should they be/did you actually list or paragraph your future activities?

What did you guys do for the ones without a word limit--the covid question and the future activities question? how long should they be/did you actually list or paragraph your future activities?
However long it takes you to communicate it without being too fluffy but also not downplaying the effects. For Covid it asks specifically about how your ECs were affected so don’t talk about other impacts directly. If you have other impacts, try to slyly work them in (“After my grandmother died of COVID-19, attending her funeral made me unable to attend XYZ conference”)

How are you guys submitting the in-state educational privileges form? Is there a specific email or link we should submit that? Can't seem to find specific instructions.

How are you guys submitting the in-state educational privileges form? Is there a specific email or link we should submit that? Can't seem to find specific instructions.
I believe we are to submit it to this email address: vastatus(at)virginia.edu

I'm not finding any specifics on LOR requirements, anybody else?

I'm not finding any specifics on LOR requirements, anybody else?

Has anyone heard anything? Interview invites are supposed to start today

Has anyone heard anything? Interview invites are supposed to start today
I was literally just coming here to post the same thing!

Keck MSAR said they’d start handing out II’s on 7/12 but none have gone out so far, but West Virginia MSAR said they wouldn’t start until August and they gave out II’s last night. So I wouldn’t hold my breath. (I might anyways though because it gives me something exciting to do!)

Reactions: 5 users
As far as I could tell, in previous years, IIs started going out in the very last days of July or August. Fingers crossed... I love this school.

OOS II received! My first one! It's nice to know at least one school doesn't think I'm trash :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II received! My first one! It's nice to know at least one school doesn't think I'm trash :)
woot woot go rock it! Are there a range of interview dates to choose from, or were you assigned a particular date?

woot woot go rock it! Are there a range of interview dates to choose from, or were you assigned a particular date?
A range. It looks like they interview on T/W/R, and their earliest date available is on 9/7.

Intro Questions:

3 Essays:

How many words is each essay? And could last one be like an adversity essay?

I'm unable to log in, what are you supposed to use as your log-in name? My email and AMCAS ID don't work : \