2021-2022 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else have trouble uploading the required 1040 and W-2 documents? If so, what did you do? Their financial aid department is so unresponsive...

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else have trouble uploading the required 1040 and W-2 documents? If so, what did you do? Their financial aid department is so unresponsive...
I didn't have difficulty uploading the documents BUT I did have questions regarding my parent's W2's. I called the financial aid for clarification and they were able to help me right then and there! If you haven't tried calling, then try that. I've called them twice in the past week and they were able to help me just over the phone.

• Love
Do we know when we should anticipate to receive a finaid package?

When did you turn in your fin aid form? i submitted mine in december but i don't see it on the portal yet

I completed my FAFSA last year but added UVa in January, finaid appplication late February, submitted all required tax documents through the portal right at the start of March, and have a finaid package in my portal today. Didnt get an official email, wondering if they are going to officially distribute them or not

Edit: Got an official email today 3/17

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else hear back about financial aid? either need based or merit??? i haven't heard anything at all and i'm getting stressed

I completed my FAFSA last year but added UVa in January, finaid appplication late February, submitted all required tax documents through the portal right at the start of March, and have a finaid package in my portal today. Didnt get an official email, wondering if they are going to officially distribute them or not

Edit: Got an official email today 3/17
was it some kind of merit-based scholarship if you don't mind me asking? wondering why some people got notified and others didn't

Members don't see this ad :)
was it some kind of merit-based scholarship if you don't mind me asking? wondering why some people got notified and others didn't

This award came from the financial aid office and was need based. They said I qualified for max need based scholarship and loan. Maybe they are distributing for the highest need individuals first before getting to other people?

Haven't heard anything about merit-based, but from their site it seems that this is awarded by the admissions team and not the financial aid team. So merit based scholarships are likely still on their way out if no one has heard back yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely check SIS if you havent! I didn't get an email but I checked my SIS portal and apparently I forgot to submit one of the forms o_O

Hi friends! Idk if I'm allowed to advertise like, but please slap me on the wrist if I'm being problematic. I have started a thread for people on Virginia MD waitlists. I think we can help each other gauge overall in-state movement if we work together!

Did anyone else contact the finaid office and have any idea when the rest of aid packages are coming out?

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't had a pre-II R yet, so was wondering if anyone else hasn't heard back yet about their app status. Are they still interviewing?

Does uva send official acceptance letters in the mail or anything like that?

Just withdrew my A here. Good luck to all on the WL, such an amazing school! :)

Just got off the WL!!!!!!!! 😭 Good luck to anyone still on it, I think the movement here is just starting!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got off the WL!!!!!!!! 😭 Good luck to anyone still on it, I think the movement here is just starting!!!
Omg! Mega congrats, seen you around on a bunch of threads and glad one of your WLs has turned out well!

• Love
Just got off the WL!!!!!!!! Good luck to anyone still on it, I think the movement here is just starting!!!

+1 Woke up to the email this morning and haven’t stop smiling since!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got in off the waitlist! So late omg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users