2021-2022 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any new interview invites? Also, does UVA send pre-II rejection letters during the cycle?
Got one a few days ago. OOS no ties, LM 76. First available dates were in mid October.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats bro! I'm still radio silent. When were you complete?
Thanks. I was complete around 7/13 and was losing a bit of hope seeing people who were complete later getting IIs. It seems like they are not going strictly in order of complete date.

Last edited:
I just got pranked. Got an interview invite email, then a follow-up 10 minutes later saying it was an error. I'm gonna cry.

• Care
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18 users
hmm okay ill give it until next Monday and then ill email because the initial invite says the portal will be updating with more info as the date gets closer
Did you get more info on this? I still can't see the "web interview" tab or user agreement, and my interview is in about a week?

Reactions: 1 user
interview invite just now !! OOS orm complete august 1 ! available dates were late october

• Love
hmm okay ill give it until next Monday and then ill email because the initial invite says the portal will be updating with more info as the date gets closer
Is anyone able to see the "Web interview" tab or user agreement? My interview is in less than a week and I still can't see it

still holding out hope for an interview here!!!! OOS but very strong ties to school, this is one of my favs

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received!! This is actually my dream school and I did not believe I would ever get an interview here. Complete 8/4

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II received!! This is actually my dream school and I did not believe I would ever get an interview here. Complete 8/4
Congrats on the II! Current IS UVA undergrad and would kill for an II here! Would you mind sharing your stats and whether you're trad/non-trad?

OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/22

Will be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of y'all!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Amazing!!! Congrats!!!! What are your stats? I'm also IS
Well here is giving hope to (relatively) low stat applicants. LM 71, lots of community service hours, decent clinical experience, and had a small business during undergrad.

Well here is giving hope to (relatively) low stat applicants. LM 71, lots of community service hours, decent clinical experience, and had a small business during undergrad.
Gives me hope :) my LM is 67, lots o research and volunteering. No small business for me tho, that's awesome!! Any good luck at the interview :D

II! Complete 8/27, OOS, Interview slots were in Early Nov

Reapplicant too! No idea how I caught this one so quickly 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!
I'm a current MS-1 at UVA (not connected with admission). Happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the town or school - I remember these threads being helpful when I was applying to med school.

• Love
Hey guys!
I'm a current MS-1 at UVA (not connected with admission). Happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the town or school - I remember these threads being helpful when I was applying to med school.
Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. I was just wondering if you know of a few classmates who interviewed later in the season and got in? UVA is one of my top choices but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. I was just wondering if you know of a few classmates who interviewed later in the season and got in? UVA is one of my top choices but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Greetings,
I believe I know a couple, but tbh I haven't really talked about it with my classmates a whole lot, so I can't give you relative percentages or anything like that. Are you IS or OOS? From my understanding, IS people are prioritized for early interviews, OOS are typically later, as reported in a previous year's thread. I'll also say that they really limit the number of people on interview days (mine was 8 total), which is way lower than any other school I interviewed at. It could be inferred that they distribute their interviews more evenly into the following year as a result, if you want to speculate.

Reactions: 1 users
Greetings,
I believe I know a couple, but tbh I haven't really talked about it with my classmates a whole lot, so I can't give you relative percentages or anything like that. Are you IS or OOS? From my understanding, IS people are prioritized for early interviews, OOS are typically later, as reported in a previous year's thread. I'll also say that they really limit the number of people on interview days (mine was 8 total), which is way lower than any other school I interviewed at. It could be inferred that they distribute their interviews more evenly into the following year as a result, if you want to speculate.
Really? That’s interesting, most of the II’s so far have been OOS. This makes me worried since I’m IS and haven’t heard back yet.

Last edited:
Really? That’s interesting, most of the II’s so far have been OOS. This makes me worried since I’m IS and haven’t heard back yet.
Like I said I only read this on an earlier year's thread, so I have no firsthand experience, but I doubt that means no IS interviews go out later. Maybe I should only report what I know from firsthand experience - really don't intend to cause panic!

Like I said I only read this on an earlier year's thread, so I have no firsthand experience, but I doubt that means no IS interviews go out later. Maybe I should only report what I know from firsthand experience - really don't intend to cause panic!
Hi! Thanks so much for this-- I wonder, what does admissions value (research vs gpa for instance)? I am a slight bit worried because I am also IS and haven't heard anything. Been almost 3 months!! And most in this thread were OOS so that is interesting

I will chime in and say that in my recent interview, 100% of us were OOS so that leads me to believe that OOS iis were sent out first rather than IS iis. IS bros stay strong!

Forgot to ask at my interview day but do we expect decisions to start this Friday, even for those who interviewed this week?

I was complete in early August but I’m OOS. LM 76.7. How much of a chance do I still have?

Forgot to ask at my interview day but do we expect decisions to start this Friday, even for those who interviewed this week?

UVA historically has an extremely fast turnaround time. Every week they meet and decide on all of the applicants from that week, even the day right before. So yes you should hear back on Friday.

Reactions: 5 users
UVA historically has an extremely fast turnaround time. Every week they meet and decide on all of the applicants from that week, even the day right before. So yes you should hear back on Friday.
In that case, hoping to hear about acceptances in this thread :D

Just got the A via email! Very excited!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Alternate list via email. Honestly crushed because I absolutely loved the interview day.

• Care
…so if we’ve gotten absolutely nothing yet are we due for an R wave later or what?

Same, super disappointed. Hopefully we have some better luck in the future.
Sad to see a fellow interviewee (I was the same day as you) catch the WL as well. You all seemed like lovely people. I guess no love for us OOSers.

• Care