2021-2022 Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats bro! I'm still radio silent. When were you complete?
Thanks. I was complete around 7/13 and was losing a bit of hope seeing people who were complete later getting IIs. It seems like they are not going strictly in order of complete date.
 
Last edited:
still holding out hope for an interview here!!!! OOS but very strong ties to school, this is one of my favs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well here is giving hope to (relatively) low stat applicants. LM 71, lots of community service hours, decent clinical experience, and had a small business during undergrad.
Gives me hope 🙂 my LM is 67, lots o research and volunteering. No small business for me tho, that's awesome!! Any good luck at the interview 😀
 
Hey guys!
I'm a current MS-1 at UVA (not connected with admission). Happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the town or school - I remember these threads being helpful when I was applying to med school.
Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. I was just wondering if you know of a few classmates who interviewed later in the season and got in? UVA is one of my top choices but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
 
Hi! Thanks so much for doing this. I was just wondering if you know of a few classmates who interviewed later in the season and got in? UVA is one of my top choices but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Greetings,
I believe I know a couple, but tbh I haven't really talked about it with my classmates a whole lot, so I can't give you relative percentages or anything like that. Are you IS or OOS? From my understanding, IS people are prioritized for early interviews, OOS are typically later, as reported in a previous year's thread. I'll also say that they really limit the number of people on interview days (mine was 8 total), which is way lower than any other school I interviewed at. It could be inferred that they distribute their interviews more evenly into the following year as a result, if you want to speculate.
 
Greetings,
I believe I know a couple, but tbh I haven't really talked about it with my classmates a whole lot, so I can't give you relative percentages or anything like that. Are you IS or OOS? From my understanding, IS people are prioritized for early interviews, OOS are typically later, as reported in a previous year's thread. I'll also say that they really limit the number of people on interview days (mine was 8 total), which is way lower than any other school I interviewed at. It could be inferred that they distribute their interviews more evenly into the following year as a result, if you want to speculate.
Really? That’s interesting, most of the II’s so far have been OOS. This makes me worried since I’m IS and haven’t heard back yet.
 
Last edited:
Really? That’s interesting, most of the II’s so far have been OOS. This makes me worried since I’m IS and haven’t heard back yet.
Like I said I only read this on an earlier year's thread, so I have no firsthand experience, but I doubt that means no IS interviews go out later. Maybe I should only report what I know from firsthand experience - really don't intend to cause panic!
 
Like I said I only read this on an earlier year's thread, so I have no firsthand experience, but I doubt that means no IS interviews go out later. Maybe I should only report what I know from firsthand experience - really don't intend to cause panic!
Hi! Thanks so much for this-- I wonder, what does admissions value (research vs gpa for instance)? I am a slight bit worried because I am also IS and haven't heard anything. Been almost 3 months!! And most in this thread were OOS so that is interesting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad