2021-2022 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah housing availability is rough in Charlottesville so I was hoping on looking for roommate(s) soon
Yeah thats what i've been looking at too, not much available, hopefully more pops up by the time the group gets made.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just received an II yesterday as an OOS applicant. I see that the post-II acceptance rate is so high here. Does that tend to apply to people interviewing this late in the cycle?
is there a place that aggregates the data for post-II acceptance rates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in utter disbelief right now. II just a few minutes ago, IS! Stats in sig

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats! Are you able to see what dates are still available?
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way for me to go back and check the other dates, but the earliest date I saw was 2/9 and there were a decent amount of dates left in February. I never checked March since I was just trying to get a spot as quickly as possible. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah thats what i've been looking at too, not much available, hopefully more pops up by the time the group gets made.
word of advice from a current C'ville resident, be sure to check the reviews for any "luxury student housing" complexes you consider. I stayed at one that decided to brand itself this way (initials C.C.) and it has environmental hazards that are incompatible with success in school.

more relevant to the thread, just got a double R from UVA. So, I'm moving next year!

Reactions: 2 users
word of advice from a current C'ville resident, be sure to check the reviews for any "luxury student housing" complexes you consider. I stayed at one that decided to brand itself this way (initials C.C.) and it has environmental hazards that are incompatible with success in school.

more relevant to the thread, just got a double R from UVA. So, I'm moving next year!
Lmao can you pm me details? Also a current cville resident. I know of two with the initials cc but curious which one it is.

Late posting, but I got the A last Friday (1/21) after interviewing that week! IS and my LM was ~74 - the email came around 10:15

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got an II this week! Complete 8/22. LM 76 OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS A earlier this morning! Just interviewed yesterday (1/27)!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone provide insight into choosing INOVA fairfax vs. staying in Charlottesville?

Got the A about 30 minutes ago after interviewing this past Wednesday!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
WLed and felt the interviews went really well :/

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys! i made a GroupMe for people that have been admitted/plan to matriculate. Pm me for the link!

Reactions: 5 users
To those who were wondering about clinical rotations at Fairfax vs UVA, @ uvaschoolofmedicine on Instagram is doing a student takeover with an MS3 who is doing rotations at Fairfax and he’s taking questions 😀

JUST GOT ACCEPTED, INTERVIEWED YESTERDAY. FIRST A!! 😭😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
IS Interviewed Wednesday (2/9) and waitlisted this morning. I also thought the interview went well, whoops

• Care
still waiting for an II, hope is declining rapidly :(

are they done with IIs? any recent II know how long they are booked out for?

If you have all your materials in by April 1st, you should receive an award letter by April 30th.
The priority deadline is March 1st though so I recommend getting it in before that if possible.

On the website it says priority deadline is April 1st, but to submit all your materials by March 15th so everything is processed and ready on April 1st. UVA School of Medicine | Financial Aid Application Process
Ah you're right. I could have sworn they said March 1st during my interview day but I could have just written it down wrong. Either way the earlier the better I imagine especially if we want the aid package before we have to narrow down options.

Lol still haven’t heard from them since July but haven’t gotten the pre-II R yet

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they do pre-II Rs in waves? I've also not heard anything

• Care
Anyone who filled out the UVA aid application: when you got to the accomplishments and stuff section, did you include description for your activities, quick 1 sentence summaries, or just put in the titles?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering when to start looking for housing? when should one have a place? this can be uva specific or more general if anyone has an idea

Anyone who filled out the UVA aid application: when you got to the accomplishments and stuff section, did you include description for your activities, quick 1 sentence summaries, or just put in the titles?

Quick titles, you get very few characters in these text boxes

Hi everyone,

Just wondering when to start looking for housing? when should one have a place? this can be uva specific or more general if anyone has an idea
I think it really depends on when you want to move and where you are going. From med students I know, they have given me the advice to move to the city about 3-4 weeks before classes start to get a feel for the location and campus. If you know what school you are going to, then I don't think it's a bad idea to start casually looking for housing in the next month (unless you are going somewhere with high housing turnover like NYC)