You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
GoldenDoodle101
Full Member
is there a place that aggregates the data for post-II acceptance rates?I just received an II yesterday as an OOS applicant. I see that the post-II acceptance rate is so high here. Does that tend to apply to people interviewing this late in the cycle?
Yes.is there a place that aggregates the data for post-II acceptance rates?
~*~*~*~ Updated Post II Acceptance Rates 2021 ~*~*~*~
special shoutout to @Teletubby for the help on this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Are you able to see what dates are still available?I am in utter disbelief right now. II just a few minutes ago, IS! Stats in sig
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way for me to go back and check the other dates, but the earliest date I saw was 2/9 and there were a decent amount of dates left in February. I never checked March since I was just trying to get a spot as quickly as possible. Sorry about that!Congrats! Are you able to see what dates are still available?
Last edited:
word of advice from a current C'ville resident, be sure to check the reviews for any "luxury student housing" complexes you consider. I stayed at one that decided to brand itself this way (initials C.C.) and it has environmental hazards that are incompatible with success in school.Yeah thats what i've been looking at too, not much available, hopefully more pops up by the time the group gets made.
more relevant to the thread, just got a double R from UVA. So, I'm moving next year!
Lmao can you pm me details? Also a current cville resident. I know of two with the initials cc but curious which one it is.word of advice from a current C'ville resident, be sure to check the reviews for any "luxury student housing" complexes you consider. I stayed at one that decided to brand itself this way (initials C.C.) and it has environmental hazards that are incompatible with success in school.
more relevant to the thread, just got a double R from UVA. So, I'm moving next year!
novabby127
Full Member
I got an interview invite Friday afternoon !
objectivedonut
New Member
Late posting, but I got the A last Friday (1/21) after interviewing that week! IS and my LM was ~74 - the email came around 10:15
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Just got an II, LM ~73 IS - earliest dates mid Febuary
Got an II this week! Complete 8/22. LM 76 OOS.
Never doubted it for a second.IS A earlier this morning! Just interviewed yesterday (1/27)!
Congrats!!Thank you! 🙂Never doubted it for a second.Congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thefinalletter123
Full Member
Received an II on Saturday as a neighboring OOS. LM 78
Can anyone provide insight into choosing INOVA fairfax vs. staying in Charlottesville?
Page 6 of this thread.Can anyone provide insight into choosing INOVA fairfax vs. staying in Charlottesville?
Got the A about 30 minutes ago after interviewing this past Wednesday!!!
Hey guys! i made a GroupMe for people that have been admitted/plan to matriculate. Pm me for the link!
frayedreams
Full Member
SAME OMG I INTERVIEWED THIS PAST MONDAY!! im obsessed with their turnaround time like whaaaaat so speedy!!!JUST GOT ACCEPTED, INTERVIEWED YESTERDAY. FIRST A!! 😭😭😭
CongratsJUST GOT ACCEPTED, INTERVIEWED YESTERDAY. FIRST A!! 😭😭😭
are they done with IIs? any recent II know how long they are booked out for?
Ephemeralis
Full Member
I haven’t yet no and my portal has no updatesHas anyone that interviewed this week heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Just got the A!!!
novabby127
Full Member
I haven’t yet no and my portal has no updates
I just heard back now, got accepted !!Has anyone that interviewed this week heard back yet?
Also got the A! 🙂
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Yay! Y’all were so nice in the interview- I’m so happy for us!Also got the A! 🙂
Do we know when they release financial packages?
If you have all your materials in by April 1st, you should receive an award letter by April 30th.Do we know when they release financial packages?
The priority deadline is March 1st though so I recommend getting it in before that if possible.If you have all your materials in by April 1st, you should receive an award letter by April 30th.
objectivedonut
New Member
On the website it says priority deadline is April 1st, but to submit all your materials by March 15th so everything is processed and ready on April 1st. UVA School of Medicine | Financial Aid Application ProcessThe priority deadline is March 1st though so I recommend getting it in before that if possible.
Ah you're right. I could have sworn they said March 1st during my interview day but I could have just written it down wrong. Either way the earlier the better I imagine especially if we want the aid package before we have to narrow down options.On the website it says priority deadline is April 1st, but to submit all your materials by March 15th so everything is processed and ready on April 1st. UVA School of Medicine | Financial Aid Application Process
+1 Pre-II R. Best of luck y’all!Pre-II R. Farewell!
D
deleted1074206
Lol still haven’t heard from them since July but haven’t gotten the pre-II R yet
purplepremed1002
Full Member
IS pre-II R just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
Just wondering when to start looking for housing? when should one have a place? this can be uva specific or more general if anyone has an idea
Just wondering when to start looking for housing? when should one have a place? this can be uva specific or more general if anyone has an idea
D
deleted1008763
Anyone who filled out the UVA aid application: when you got to the accomplishments and stuff section, did you include description for your activities, quick 1 sentence summaries, or just put in the titles?
Quick titles, you get very few characters in these text boxes
Pre II-R today. Complete October, LM 76 OOS
I think it really depends on when you want to move and where you are going. From med students I know, they have given me the advice to move to the city about 3-4 weeks before classes start to get a feel for the location and campus. If you know what school you are going to, then I don't think it's a bad idea to start casually looking for housing in the next month (unless you are going somewhere with high housing turnover like NYC)Hi everyone,
Just wondering when to start looking for housing? when should one have a place? this can be uva specific or more general if anyone has an idea