2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am interviewing this morning. I understand I’m interviewing for the waitlist but is it plausible that I could be on the waitlist for a day or 2 and then be accepted after the 14th??

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol y'all are delusional if you think residency PD's(in any specialty) screen applicants based on pre clinical gpa's. The people who match at competitive programs and specialties do well on boards but they also do well in clinical years and have great LOR's and research (case reports at at bare minimum) NO one cares about pre clinical grades and no one will even after step 1 goes P/F. Getting this info from alumni at Carey who matched at competitive places and specialties btw
Oh, I 100% don't believe it, that's just what the faculty who hate P/F think. DO students match off of board scores and auditions, I think that's common knowledge. The secret to being a good medical student is to work hard, be prepared, and be friendly. There's no "secret" to success.

Is there an accepted student Facebook group for the class of 2026 yet? If so does anyone have the link to it

Reactions: 1 user
I am interviewing this morning. I understand I’m interviewing for the waitlist but is it plausible that I could be on the waitlist for a day or 2 and then be accepted after the 14th??
Interviewed the same day as you, didn't realize the class was already filled. I hope the list moves fast, I'm super nervous. I really liked this school.

Put on the alternate list just now. Does anyone have clarification on what that list means?

I was also just put on the deferred list. What does that mean? Very confused.

I am trying to send my deposit via wire transfer and Wells Fargo apparently doesn’t recognize William Carey’s wiring routing number. Anyone else having the same issue?

My first acceptance! I got the email today. From someone who has done absolutely everything wrong during their premed journey, I’m ecstatic!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My first acceptance! I got the email today. From someone who has done absolutely everything wrong during their premed journey, I’m ecstatic!
congratulations! would you mind sharing your interview date?

Anyone who said they were on the alternate/waitlist actually have deferred on their letter? It seems they either reject, accept, or defer

accepted just now!! Interviewed 11/16 was placed on the alternate list 11/17 and accepted today. This is my first acceptance, it doesn't even feel real... I'm just so relieved and happy!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS Just got an II today [12/14/2022] for January 12th, 2022!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
accepted just now!! Interviewed 11/16 was placed on the alternate list 11/17 and accepted today. This is my first acceptance, it doesn't even feel real... I'm just so relieved and happy!
Congrats! I confirmed my acceptance last week! See you soon!

I am trying to send my deposit via wire transfer and Wells Fargo apparently doesn’t recognize William Carey’s wiring routing number. Anyone else having the same issue?
I had to physically go to the bank. Washington federal wouldnt let me do it online.

Accepted just now, pulled off of the alternate list. Interviewed: 11/12

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/8!! My first acceptance :,)

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!! First one and could not be happier about it!! Interviewed 11/29!!

accepted after being placed on the alternate list! interviewed 12/3 :)

Been deferred since October. Haven't heard anything yet. Hoping they still have some seats left.

Accepted after interviewing 12/2!! Pulled off alternate list.

I just got accepted interviewed on 12/8!!!!

accepted yesterday off the alternate list! interviewed 11.4 and was told i was #44 on the list on 11.22

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone who has been accepted and submitted their deposit created their OneLogin account? I'm assuming we should be fine as long as we create it before school starts?

has anyone who has been accepted and submitted their deposit created their OneLogin account? I'm assuming we should be fine as long as we create it before school starts?
i created mine a week or so ago with no issue!! there's not a ton in there that i saw... mostly just getting access to the carey email etc! but there may be more i didn't really explore it.

Hey you guys! I’m a current student that just finished up the first semester, if you have any questions feel free to message me. Also I don’t know if the accepted students have received anything from the bookstore about ordering supplies but I will say a lot of the OMS-1s got burned by the bookstore on orders that they didn’t get in until about two months into the year. That being said it is my opinion that buying supplies separately on your own is the best way to do it, it’s also cheaper.

Hey you guys! I’m a current student that just finished up the first semester, if you have any questions feel free to message me. Also I don’t know if the accepted students have received anything from the bookstore about ordering supplies but I will say a lot of the OMS-1s got burned by the bookstore on orders that they didn’t get in until about two months into the year. That being said it is my opinion that buying supplies separately on your own is the best way to do it, it’s also cheaper.
Hey! Does this school accept updates? I just finished a semester!

Is anyone having trouble opening the encrypted acceptance email? I was able to open it the day I got accepted, but now I am unable to open it and all the information regarding submitting seat deposits is within that email.

Is anyone having trouble opening the encrypted acceptance email? I was able to open it the day I got accepted, but now I am unable to open it and all the information regarding submitting seat deposits is within that email.
The same thing is happening to me! I can't open it again. Edit: I tried opening it in a different web browser and it worked. Try that!

Last edited:
anyone got off the deferred list this cycle? interviewed on 12/2 and received deferred email 12/10 so just wondering how or when they begin to look at applicants from the deferred list since it seems to be different from the alternate list

anyone got off the deferred list this cycle? interviewed on 12/2 and received deferred email 12/10 so just wondering how or when they begin to look at applicants from the deferred list since it seems to be different from the alternate list
To be honest I am not sure. I have been on the deferred list since October and I have not heard anything since. I tried to email and call the admissions office but all they told me was to wait.

how did you guys pay for the deposit? through the wire transfer or the payonline thing? is there anyway to bypass the additional fee?

Current 4th year here, applying to EM. DM me for more details about the school, or I can answer questions here as well. Good luck

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, hope this helps you guys.

• Okay...
i mailed in a personal paper check!
after we paid for the deposit ( i did it through wire transfer), do we have any confirmation or did you receive othe email?whewre did you get onelogin account?

after we paid for the deposit ( i did it through wire transfer), do we have any confirmation or did you receive othe email?whewre did you get onelogin account?
Yeah you should get confirmation and then within a couple days they sent onelogin

Secondary submitted in July. Have not heard anything yet.

I understand people have said the class is already full but, that last years cycle people were interviewed until March.

Anyone have any further information regarding this cycle? I'm bummed, I was really excited for this school.