2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my A right now:D I am super excited

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
My casper score just got sent to WCUCOM, but I submitted my secondary awhile ago (8/24)! Do you guys think I'll hear back about a II assuming I did well or will my casper score being sent not really change anything? Trying to not lose hope here lol

Members don't see this ad :)
also for people who completed casper! did you also do the snapshot?

My casper score just got sent to WCUCOM, but I submitted my secondary awhile ago (8/24)! Do you guys think I'll hear back about a II assuming I did well or will my casper score being sent not really change anything? Trying to not lose hope here lol
I would not worry about Casper. I was in the bottom quartile FYI

Do you guys know how to find the Students Facebook page for WCUCOM? I only found the old one with the last posts from 2014. I would like to talk to some current students about the curriculum, grading policy, etc.

I’m thinking Casper doesn’t mean too much. I got my interview invite email literally 30 min after they sent me a diff email that confirmed my Casper score came in

I’m thinking Casper doesn’t mean too much. I got my interview invite email literally 30 min after they sent me a diff email that confirmed my Casper score came in
Your casper score is sent out to schools two weeks before it is sent to you

Your casper score is sent out to schools two weeks before it is sent to you
William Carey sent me an email confirming that they received my Casper score, that’s when they also gave me the II 30 min later but yea maybe they had the Casper score longer than when they notified me

William Carey sent me an email confirming that they received my Casper score, that’s when they also gave me the II 30 min later but yea maybe they had the Casper score longer than when they notified me
Mb I misread your post:)

interviewing this week... did you need a microsoft teams account or did you pretty much just click the link and join the meeting?

I have a interview in 4 hours and I still haven’t received the link from the host…… should I call anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a interview in 4 hours and I still haven’t received the link from the host…… should I call anyone?
i definitely would call. i'm interviewing this afternoon as well and the interview host, at least for my group, sent the link yesterday morning.

Accepted just now! OOS, interviewed Friday

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed last Wednesday, 10/6. I was scared given my 501 MCAT but here we are! good luck all!

got the A a few minutes ago! interviewed on Tuesday! so so so pumped!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted 10/13!! The interview was on 10/12. As a reapplicant, it is such a relief to have my first A.

Do you mind me asking when you were complete? Congrats by the way!
Thank you!!! I submitted primary 7/21, verified the same day, received the secondary 7/26 and submitted 8/15, interviewed 10/6, and accepted 10/13! I was notified by email, which accidentally went to my spam folder! So check ya'lls spam/junk mail!

Current OMS-1 here lurking in this forum. Congrats everyone on getting your acceptances so early in the cycle. I remember when I got my acceptance and it felt like a huge weight was finally lifted off of my shoulders. For those who are still waiting to hear back, remember that it is still only October. I know classmates that did not get accepted until late July, so don't lose hope.

Let me know if y'all have any questions about anything in regard to school, housing, student life, or whatever comes across your mind. I look forward to seeing some of you on campus next year!

Current OMS-1 here lurking in this forum. Congrats everyone on getting your acceptances so early in the cycle. I remember when I got my acceptance and it felt like a huge weight was finally lifted off of my shoulders. For those who are still waiting to hear back, remember that it is still only October. I know classmates that did not get accepted until late July, so don't lose hope.

Let me know if y'all have any questions about anything in regard to school, housing, student life, or whatever comes across your mind. I look forward to seeing some of you on campus next year!
hey! thanks so much! here's a bunch of questions 😂😂 lol

generally, how are things going so far this semester? 😂
what's your overall impression of the school/professors a couple of months in?
are you happy you chose WCUCOM at this point/what made you choose WCUCOM over other schools?
do some people actually live on campus? i read that in an old forum, and the cost is super attractive LOL
anything academically/classes wise you wish you had prepared more for?
anything else you wish you knew before starting?

Waiting on an MD so may drop my acceptance within the next month

hey! thanks so much! here's a bunch of questions 😂😂 lol

generally, how are things going so far this semester? 😂
what's your overall impression of the school/professors a couple of months in?
are you happy you chose WCUCOM at this point/what made you choose WCUCOM over other schools?
do some people actually live on campus? i read that in an old forum, and the cost is super attractive LOL
anything academically/classes wise you wish you had prepared more for?
anything else you wish you knew before starting?
  1. Classes have definitely picked up in intensity 3 months in. The school eased us in rather nicely so discipline and motivation are key for those days when you don't feel like going to class and studying.
  2. I really enjoy all of our professors here, with the exception of 1-2 faculty. You can tell that they are very passionate about teaching and truly care about the students success. Non-teaching staff (i.e. academic affairs, counseling, etc.) are also very caring and approachable so be sure to see them often as well. Med school is hard enough as is so being able to vent to people outside your close circle to get perspective will keep you sane.
  3. WCUCOM was my only acceptance, so I didn't really have a choice in choosing where to go. If you are deciding between Carey and other schools, feel free to DM me and I can go into more detail about my thoughts.
  4. I actually know ~15 people in my class (myself included) who live on campus. It's nice in that I don't have to worry about driving to school, the place is pretty clean, you get a room entirely to yourself, laundry is free, and rent is not too bad. There are a couple of things that I have to say about living on campus though: you're surrounded by a lot of undergraduate students so it can get pretty rowdy at times. The fire alarm in my building has gone off more times than I can count; I recall it going off the night before an anatomy exam and it messed me up big time! I have also found living on campus to be a bit isolating at times since most people tend to study on their own and it is difficult to get your mind off of school when you are physically present there at all times. I have found great success forming study groups, so find people you vibe with during the 1st couple of weeks and you'll be set.
  5. In terms of preparation, biochem, anatomy, and embryology are the biggest time sinks. If you brush up on those 3 subjects, it'll make the transition much smoother. I would also recommend setting up ANKI and learning how to use it. There are plenty of Youtube tutorial video's nowadays so it should be pretty straightforward. It's very popular amongst our cohort and we share our decks with each other in our discord.
  6. For anything else, I would say to truly enjoy your free time that you have from now until med school starts. Start forming good habits, do things that you love, and master coping mechanisms as it will be instrumental to your success in school.
Hope I was able to address everything. Feel free to reach out again if you have any lingering questions.

Got an II an hour ago, OOS, complete on 10/14. My very first interview invite, I can’t believe it!

been complete since 8/24 and I'm getting a little nervous. But they didn't get my casper score till last week, so not sure anymore haha. Losing hope for this school :( Also not sure if they need casper duet because I did not do that lol

been complete since 8/24 and I'm getting a little nervous. But they didn't get my casper score till last week, so not sure anymore haha. Losing hope for this school :( Also not sure if they need casper duet because I did not do that lol
U don’t need Casper duet ur good

late posting this but..
secondary sent in on 7/14
application complete email on 7/21
interview invite on 9/27
interview on 10/8
acceptance on 10/13

Last edited:
How long should we wait for a decision? I interviewed here last week and haven't heard back yet. Maybe they're just busy, but I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and call.

The admissions committee meets every Wednesday. I’m sure if you call tomorrow Dr. Weir could tell you where you stand.
I've called a lady in admissions and I'm curious what her role in this is. Is she on the admissions committee?

Did anyone receive an acceptance lately? Is it true the class is already full?

Did anyone receive an acceptance lately? Is it true the class is already full?
i was accepted the week of 10/12. along with others above, i can confirm they've handed out enough acceptances to fill available spots in the class, and a ranked waitlist has been established. that said, in reading last years thread, there is a ton of movement off the waistlist as we get closer to and beyond seat deposit time (12/14), as currently accepted folks get other acceptances to schools they'd prefer to go to. obviously no guarantee how many people that will be, but i believe B51 above was initially waitlisted and has since already been pulled up and accepted. so it has and should continue to move. in last years thread there were quite a few waitlisted folks pulled up and accepted in all the way up to May/June before classes started in August. this years class is also larger than last years by 15 seats, so don't loose hope!

is it too late to hope for an interview for this school?

is it too late to hope for an interview for this school?
definitely read through last years thread! if you got a secondary, there’s still hope! hopefully there will be a lot of movement as the cycle moves on!

my friend received an II a few days ago and had no choice when to even schedule her interview. Her interview is mid-November. does she have ANY chance of getting an A as the FIRST decision she receives? A as opposed to Waitlisted.

my friend received an II a few days ago and had no choice when to even schedule her interview. Her interview is mid-November. does she have ANY chance of getting an A as the FIRST decision she receives? A as opposed to Waitlisted.
unless all of the currently waitlisted folks are called up off the waitlist before then, i think the chances are low. there's already a ranked waitlist, which started the week of 10/12. so with 4-5 weeks of interviews between that and when your friend interviews, i imagine that there has/will be at least 25-30+ already on it ahead of her? that's a total guess though and it could be shorter. that said, with her interview being closer to the seat deposit date, there could be enough people that get acceptances at their preferred programs that withdraw their A from Carey; it's just a matter of if it's enough to wipe out the whole waitlist.

I’m just so surprised they’ve filled their class this early looking at previous threads.

I’m just so surprised they’ve filled their class this early looking at previous threads.
I am not, when they had thier problems around 4-5 years ago then maybe but now it's a diamond in the rough program. Excellent tuition cost in a fairly good location better than 90% of DO programs. Good resources and support from the state as well as strong affiliations with hospitals with residencies and helping to start/ develop more as well. With the recent expansion they have increased research opportunities for students as well. And pass rates have been above average as well. 98% first time comlex level 1 pass rate for the most recent cohort per our dean. My class was around/little above average as well. This shows that the school is attracting better candidates

Last edited:
I am not, when they had thier problems around 4-5 years ago then maybe but now it's a diamond in the rough program. Excellent tuition cost in a fairly good location better than 90% of DO programs. Good resources and support from the state as well as strong affiliations with hospitals with residencies and helping to start/ develop more as well. With the recent expansion they have increased research opportunities for students as well. And pass rates have been above average as well. 98% first time comlex level 1 pass rate for the most recent cohort per our dean. My class was around/little above average as well. This shows that the school is attracting better candidates as well.
is this school better than DMU-COM, KCU-COM, or CCOM? My friend holds A's at all of those.

is this school better than DMU-COM, KCU-COM, or CCOM? My friend holds A's at all of those.
Honestly as long as they are all established schools, for DO you just look at the match rates and cost. A way higher price might not be justifiable to pick one place over another unless you have a location preference or etc.

CCOM's tuition is too high. DMU and kcu are good and are more established than Carey. Either way you will be ok with any of the 4

Oof I have my interview on Nov. 4 but hearing how they are already filled makes me a little sad.

• Care
II just now, but I have no choice in the date. Unfortunately, I will be in Canada for my cousin's wedding, so looks like I'll have to miss a bit of her wedding to attend, which I'm fine with.

Is the entire interview around 20-30 mins? How many faculty members? Was it an open or closed file interview? Any advice at all? Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate any help.