You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FIFTY-SEVEN?! Whoa!!Acceptance call today at 11:30 am PST😭😭😭
For those interested, apparently 57 calls went out today!
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
My man Dr. Fogerty gave me the call this morning!!!! So exciting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gabagolddigger
Full Member
Bad time to ask if there were any IIs today 😅
Has anyone who didn't get an A today but interviewed already heard anything?
Deferred, said they want to keep my application active so not really a WL or R
I got the A call around 8AM AZ time and teared up in the middle of clinic, the people I work with thought I was getting bad news lol :') For posterity I'm IS, LM76 and interviewed 8/15! Mega congrats to everyone who got accepted today 🎉
CoolGuyWow
Full Member
I’m in the same situation, but I am pretty sure that deferred is just how their way of saying waitlist 🙁Deferred, said they want to keep my application active so not really a WL or R
The SunDance Kid
Full Member
I was thinking waitlist, but it says they will consider by October 31st for rereview... which wouldn't be a waitlist. Hopefully it just means they are waiting, rather than a solidified decision.I’m in the same situation, but I am pretty sure that deferred is just how their way of saying waitlist 🙁
Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
D
deleted1017183
I'm down!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
DM-ed [emoji4]I'm down!
I’m down too!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
Me too!!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lemonada
New Member
I am interested as well!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
Based on their tracker, they've sent out like 10 since last time it was updated. They're at 266 now. Based on last year's number of IIs, they've sent out about 60% of IIs so far.Has Phoenix sent out any II recently?
D
deleted1145786
Anyone else out there get the hold email on the 17th and supposed to hear back on their decision today (10/31)?
richeybaseball
Full Member
Anyone else out there get the hold email on the 17th and supposed to hear back on their decision today (10/31)?
I’m in that boat
Any phone calls yet?
Just put on hold... 🙁 hoping for a better result next time I hear back! Did anyone who was put on hold last time get the A today?
Last edited:
D
deleted1145786
Just got put on hold again, but its not an R so we will take it! OOS (but they have an affiliation with my home state), interviewed 8/15, LM >80
gabagolddigger
Full Member
At this point I’d rather just get a pre II R so that I can stop getting my hopes up every other Monday
ethereal_fae
Full Member
My partner received one two weeks ago. Submitted 7/14, LM 74Has Phoenix sent out any recent II?
D
deleted1145786
Accepted yesterday after two holds, so they do actually review and consider those that are on hold after interviews! Good luck to all!
Are you IS or OOS?Accepted yesterday after two holds, so they do actually review and consider those that are on hold after interviews! Good luck to all!
+1 Interviewed 10/10Got another Hold. Interviewed 9/26.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
Hold today, interviewed 10/24
Also got an acceptance after hold! Good luck all!
D
deleted1145786
OOS but from MT which according to their website they treat as "in-state" so not really sure what to make of that. MT has a bunch of weird associations with other schools since we don't have a med school.Are you IS or OOS?
+1 Interviewed 10/10
Have fun and be true to yourself! This was probably the most conversational of the MMIs I've done which made it more low stress for me personally. They just really want to get to know YOU so as long as you know yourself you'll be fine lol. Good luck!Anyone have any interview tips? I interview next Monday and am getting quite nervous as this is my top choice!
They don't accept them.would it be a good idea to send a combined update letter/letter of interest?
What the previous person said. Also, don't hesitate to let them know they're your top choice! I did, repeatedly, and got the A. Just be genuine about it.Anyone have any interview tips? I interview next Monday and am getting quite nervous as this is my top choice!
Very casual. Students were great. All the Med Students we're super casual and all the interviewees we're super dressed up [emoji23]Anyone who has gone to the student mixer, how did this go/turn out? Is it more casual?
D
deleted1017183
What is the verdict on masks for the mixer/interview day? I figure I’ll just follow suit with what everyone else is doing
take one and take it off if you wish to do so. Some students didn't have one on.
I completed my secondary Aug 1st and still have not heard anything back.Has Phoenix sent out any recent II?
Most students were not wearing masks on my interview/mixer day. I brought one and if my interviewer was wearing a mask I put it on. But honestly, it is what you are most comfortable with.What is the verdict on masks for the mixer/interview day? I figure I’ll just follow suit with what everyone else is doing
July 5th here with radio silenceI completed my secondary Aug 1st and still have not heard anything back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may want to consider wearing a mask anyway. COVID numbers in Phoenix are at a sharp incline right now.Most students were not wearing masks on my interview/mixer day. I brought one and if my interviewer was wearing a mask I put it on. But honestly, it is what you are most comfortable with.
does ua phx accept letters of interest? if so, where would be best place to send them? through email or handwritten letter?
No.does ua phx accept letters of interest? if so, where would be best place to send them? through email or handwritten letter?
westcoast17
New Member
Yes please I would love to join!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?
cruelbike67
New Member
Yes, would love to join!Would anybody be interested in an unofficial accepted students GroupMe?