-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone received an email post interview saying they weren't accepted this round but are continuing to be reviewed?
No, it doesn’t seem like they’ve been sending those this cycle
Has anyone who is OOS received an A yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jackamakrackin19
New Member
Received an A from UACOM-T's MSTP on 1/11!!! My first A!!!
jackamakrackin19
New Member
Thank you! I interviewed on October 27-28!Congrats! When did u interview?
random_username
Full Member
really hoping acceptance calls are next Friday and not today at this point
I feel you… when did u interview?really hoping acceptance calls are next Friday and not today at this point
random_username
Full Member
Not that long ago tbh but I'm still anxious lolI feel you… when did u interview?
Grats! What time were the interviews sent out approx?IS II today!! Was previously on hold
I only saw one interview dateOOS II today! Are y’all only seeing one potential interview date or multiple?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I received it around 10 am 🙂Grats! What time were the interviews sent out approx?
Congratulations!!!! Were you on hold before?OOS II today! Are y’all only seeing one potential interview date or multiple?
I haven't. interviewed 9/5 and haven't heard anything.Has anyone who is OOS received an A yet?
PhantomHive7
Full Member
I interviewed in October and also have heard nothing, I feel your pain lmaoI haven't. interviewed 9/5 and haven't heard anything.
Anyone interview for the MSTP and hear anything? I vaguely remember them saying they were considering letting us know our quartile ranking in December? lol
Saw one acceptance on here-congrats if you see this!
Saw one acceptance on here-congrats if you see this!
Thanks! I don’t think so, I believe it has been silence since I turned in the secondary until nowCongratulations!!!! Were you on hold before?
Hmmm is the tracker up to date? It says 2021-2022 on the header. I wouldn’t lose hope!!!Anyone know how many II went out last year? We’re at 393 according to the tracker making me think it’s pretty much over. Also haven’t received any further hold updates since November. Really sad considering I was WL this time last year..
random_username
Full Member
I think it was close to 500 so you still have some time!Anyone know how many II went out last year? We’re at 393 according to the tracker making me think it’s pretty much over. Also haven’t received any further hold updates since November. Really sad considering I was WL this time last year..
edit: I just found my notes from my 2021 interview and in their presentation that day they said 550 interviews would be extended in the cycle, so I'd guess similar this year
Last edited:
random_username
Full Member
also, I refuse to believe that they would tell you you were basically good enough to join their class last year if a spot opened up and not even interview you this year...it would make no sense. I bet the II is coming for you so sending positive vibes your wayAnyone know how many II went out last year? We’re at 393 according to the tracker making me think it’s pretty much over. Also haven’t received any further hold updates since November. Really sad considering I was WL this time last year..
NeuroticPremed27
Full Member
Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this school? I interviewed last week but they didn't mention when to expect a decision. Also, do they do phone calls or emails? Thanks!
I wanna know tooDoes anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this school? I interviewed last week but they didn't mention when to expect a decision. Also, do they do phone calls or emails? Thanks!
random_username
Full Member
I think turnaround time varies as some people get in a few weeks after interviewing and some get in after months. I did learn from a friend who called admissions this week that a round of As went out like 2 weeks ago and the next one for regular MD applicants is "the end of the first week of February" which could technically be next week or the week after. They said there are like 9 rounds of admissions calls left on their calendar between all the MD routes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jjll
Full Member
how many slots were left?IS II received this morning!! Was previously on hold. I'm sooooo excited this is my top choice school! (LM ~60, heavy clinical experience)
lilred21
Full Member
There was only one available interview date, and I don't remember seeing any particular number of slots for the day because I was in such a panic. Hope that helps!how many slots were left?
PhantomHive7
Full Member
They only open one interview date at a time so it’s hard to tell how many more they havehow many slots were left?
Does anyone know whats going on with Tucson's accreditation status? I've been getting some mixed info, like some people saying they're only accredited for another year
PhantomHive7
Full Member
I talked to someone who’s an MSIII prior to my interview, he told me that there were some negative physician / student interactions which were vocalized by the students, hence why they only received accreditation for another year. He said they already fixed the issues so they’re in the clearDoes anyone know whats going on with Tucson's accreditation status? I've been getting some mixed info, like some people saying they're only accredited for another year
This school does rolling admissions right? Just wanted to double check
How long do they take to release decisions especially at this point of the cycle? Someone recently on the interview day asked the admissions team and the answer was kind of vague. They told them that they can’t provide exact details as to when Adcoms meet as that’s confidential, but the decisions could come out anytime from now to June. It’s such a long wait if that’s true 🥲
The website states that it’s on a semi-rolling basis. I don’t know what that exactly means thoughThis school does rolling admissions right? Just wanted to double check
random_username
Full Member
fingers crossed that some people get good news today! or next Friday lol
They don't accept them.Been on an interview hold since August. Does anyone know if Arizona accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MindQuad
Full Member
They don't accept them.
Appreciate the information, thank you!
Does anyone know how much longer they will be sending out II?
OOS II today, interview hold on 10/13. Only open date was this Friday the 9th. I'm pumped!
Friday is the 10th btw
I called admissions about some pre-reqs a few months ago and I remember them saying they interviewed up until the end of February. Since they have an interview day this Friday the 10th, I'm assuming they have 1 more interview day at the end of February. I'm not entirely sure though.Does anyone know how much longer they will be sending out II?
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed in November still not gotten the “under review” email?