2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully some of us get good news today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall if you have interviewed here recently, could you please let me know how it was? were the questions too difficult and how stressful was it overall? Thanks!

IS II today!! Was previously on hold

OOS II today! Are y’all only seeing one potential interview date or multiple?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview for the MSTP and hear anything? I vaguely remember them saying they were considering letting us know our quartile ranking in December? lol

Saw one acceptance on here-congrats if you see this!

Does anybody who interviewed for P-MAP know if they're giving out acceptances today or Monday?

Did anyone interview in late November and receive an acceptance?

Anyone know how many II went out last year? We’re at 393 according to the tracker making me think it’s pretty much over. Also haven’t received any further hold updates since November. Really sad considering I was WL this time last year..

• Care
Anyone know how many II went out last year? We’re at 393 according to the tracker making me think it’s pretty much over. Also haven’t received any further hold updates since November. Really sad considering I was WL this time last year..
Hmmm is the tracker up to date? It says 2021-2022 on the header. I wouldn’t lose hope!!!

I think it was close to 500 so you still have some time!

edit: I just found my notes from my 2021 interview and in their presentation that day they said 550 interviews would be extended in the cycle, so I'd guess similar this year

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
also, I refuse to believe that they would tell you you were basically good enough to join their class last year if a spot opened up and not even interview you this year...it would make no sense. I bet the II is coming for you so sending positive vibes your way

• Care
Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this school? I interviewed last week but they didn't mention when to expect a decision. Also, do they do phone calls or emails? Thanks!

Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this school? I interviewed last week but they didn't mention when to expect a decision. Also, do they do phone calls or emails? Thanks!
I wanna know too

I think turnaround time varies as some people get in a few weeks after interviewing and some get in after months. I did learn from a friend who called admissions this week that a round of As went out like 2 weeks ago and the next one for regular MD applicants is "the end of the first week of February" which could technically be next week or the week after. They said there are like 9 rounds of admissions calls left on their calendar between all the MD routes

Got waitlisted for the P-MAP program :( . Hopefully, the regular MD result ends up better.

IS II received this morning!! Was previously on hold. I'm sooooo excited this is my top choice school! (LM ~60, heavy clinical experience)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know whats going on with Tucson's accreditation status? I've been getting some mixed info, like some people saying they're only accredited for another year

Does anyone know whats going on with Tucson's accreditation status? I've been getting some mixed info, like some people saying they're only accredited for another year
I talked to someone who’s an MSIII prior to my interview, he told me that there were some negative physician / student interactions which were vocalized by the students, hence why they only received accreditation for another year. He said they already fixed the issues so they’re in the clear

This school does rolling admissions right? Just wanted to double check

How long do they take to release decisions especially at this point of the cycle? Someone recently on the interview day asked the admissions team and the answer was kind of vague. They told them that they can’t provide exact details as to when Adcoms meet as that’s confidential, but the decisions could come out anytime from now to June. It’s such a long wait if that’s true 🥲

fingers crossed that some people get good news today! or next Friday lol

Been on an interview hold since August. Does anyone know if Arizona accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or the portal?

Does anyone know how much longer they will be sending out II?
I called admissions about some pre-reqs a few months ago and I remember them saying they interviewed up until the end of February. Since they have an interview day this Friday the 10th, I'm assuming they have 1 more interview day at the end of February. I'm not entirely sure though.

Has anyone who interviewed in November still not gotten the “under review” email?