2022-2023 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @FernThePlant for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Brown (Alpert) Secondary Essay Prompts

1) Summarize your activities during the 2022-2023 academic year. Describe how your activities are preparing you for a medical career (2000 characters).

2) How will your unique attributes (e.g., cultural or socioeconomic background, lifestyle, work experiences) add to the overall diversity of the Alpert Medical School community? (2000 characters)

3) What are your aspirations for your medical practice? Fast-forward to 15 years in the future: where do you imagine yourself? (3000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the appropriate acronym is for essay use? I keep using BSOM, but I think it's AMS? Or WAMS?

I read on another thread that it's AMS, wanted to check if anyone had other info.

Anyone know what the appropriate acronym is for essay use? I keep using BSOM, but I think it's AMS? Or WAMS?

I read on another thread that it's AMS, wanted to check if anyone had other info.

AMS or just Alpert, according to everyone I know there.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc

OOS secondary received, 8:11am CST

Prompts:

1) Summarize your activities during the 2022-2023 academic year. Describe how your activities are preparing you for a medical career (2000 characters).

2) How will your unique attributes (e.g., cultural or socioeconomic background, lifestyle, work experiences) add to the overall diversity of the Alpert Medical School community? (2000 characters)

3) What are your aspirations for your medical practice? Fast-forward to 15 years in the future: where do you imagine yourself? (3000 characters)

Reactions: 2 users
For the question: " Summarize your activities during the 2022-2023 academic year. Describe how your activities are preparing you for a medical career (2000 characters)", are we supposed to only talk about our activities in the next year when answering how they'd prepare us for a medical career?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not aware that any screening takes place. Just wanted to add some context for those that have submitted primaries but have not yet received secondaries.Good luck everyone!!
Oops you are right, I thought they did,

Anyone here not received secondaries yet? I was verified on 6/27 and have checked spam but nothing.

Edit: Actually I just received it

Last edited:
Anyone here not received secondaries yet? I was verified on 6/27 and have checked spam but nothing.

Edit: Actually I just received it
Verified 7/7 and still waiting

Edit: received on 7/14

Last edited:
I have heard that Brown heavily favors its undergrads, specifically those who have done the PLME program. Can any current students speak to this? How much of the class is composed of non-Brown graduates?

I have heard that Brown heavily favors its undergrads, specifically those who have done the PLME program. Can any current students speak to this? How much of the class is composed of non-Brown graduates?

The PLME program is an 8 year BS (or BA)/MD that accepts ~60 students per year, so about 1/3 of each class are PLMEs. No one really knows how they feel about non-PLME Brown grads.

Reactions: 1 user
For the Premed Competencies should we put every course that fulfills each or just the minimum prerequisites?

Has anyone else not received their secondary? I was verified late June, but added Brown to my list on 7/19.

I got my secondary today. I submitted my primary 6/14, verified 7/15. I'm curious if Brown is one of the more selective schools when it comes to secondary invites?

Any interview invites here? Someone on reddit said they got one yesterday from Brown

Any interview invites here? Someone on reddit said they got one yesterday from Brown
The reddit user said that they submitted on 7/7 which would be the first day that secondaries were even sent out -- I bet we see more II's really soon as mentioned above

The reddit user said that they submitted on 7/7 which would be the first day that secondaries were even sent out -- I bet we see more II's really soon as mentioned above
I submitted my app on 7/7/22 (though I am pretty low stats compared to most of this pool). Maybe they had ties or a killer app. who knows? But that's not even 1% of the interview invites so we just gotta wait! Also do y'all like my profile pic?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Profile pic is fire @MCATThiccy. Also, I don't trust Reddit. Maybe that's wrong of me, but I just don't.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Profile pic is fire @MCATThiccy. Also, I don't trust Reddit. Maybe that's wrong of me, but I just don't.
Just curious as to why you don’t? I’m new to this pre-med forum game … just want to make sure I'm not missing something

Nah, I DM’d the person. I believe it. Brown is incredibly selective and interviews/admits very few people. It’s not impossible to assume only a few people got an II as soon as this week.

I submitted my app on 7/7/22 (though I am pretty low stats compared to most of this pool). Maybe they had ties or a killer app. who knows? But that's not even 1% of the interview invites so we just gotta wait! Also do y'all like my profile pic?
how do you know only 1% of brown invites have gone out?

Sent primary a week ago and no secondary yet, is that normal for Brown?

Is it too late to apply now? Seeing people receive their secondary almost 2 weeks after verification means that I'll be complete really late into the cycle. I'm already AMCAS verified, but I'm debating whether to add Brown to my list last-minute. I'm not sure if I'll have a shot at a II because I'm not a Brown undergrad

OOS II!! LM 76, complete 7/7

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
i also have not received the secondary and sent my primary a week ago as well. did you end up contacting them?

I went ahead and bit the bullet for those of us curious about the secondary delivery timeline. I emailed the admissions department this morning and received a reply about an hour later. My primary was verified on 8/2, and AMS said they received the primary yesterday. This insight should help ease a lot of the worries in this thread that folks have regarding AMCAS verification date vs AMS secondary receipt date. They went on to say that it takes a few days for their computing services department to set up each applicant's access to the secondary portal. Finally, they said I should receive a secondary email by the end of the week.

In summary, I'd say that with Brown, it's best to assume your primary app won't be received by the school until a week after it is verified by AMCAS, and that you won't receive the secondary until a week after that. So, two weeks from verification date to secondary app delivery. If it happens more quickly, nice! If not, now we have a better idea of their process.

Hope this helps!

I went ahead and bit the bullet for those of us curious about the secondary delivery timeline. I emailed the admissions department this morning and received a reply about an hour later. My primary was verified on 8/2, and AMS said they received the primary yesterday. This insight should help ease a lot of the worries in this thread that folks have regarding AMCAS verification date vs AMS secondary receipt date. They went on to say that it takes a few days for their computing services department to set up each applicant's access to the secondary portal. Finally, they said I should receive a secondary email by the end of the week.

In summary, I'd say that with Brown, it's best to assume your primary app won't be received by the school until a week after it is verified by AMCAS, and that you won't receive the secondary until a week after that. So, two weeks from verification date to secondary app delivery. If it happens more quickly, nice! If not, now we have a better idea of their process.

Hope this helps!
I genuinely hope that you get into an Ivy school. You really deserve it, seriously. Love you <3

• Care
I genuinely hope that you get into an Ivy school. You really deserve it, seriously. Love you <3

That's such a nice thing to wish for someone! Appreciate you and right back at you! Let's get into the best school that we can!

• Care
I received and submitted the secondary today! AMCAS app verified 8/2, secondary received 8/10. Less than two weeks, and I will take it lol.

Did anyone else submit their secondary and have all letters marked as received under the "Document Status" section but have letters of recommendation marked "not received" under the general "Status" section?

OOS II this morning! LM 74. Secondary received 7/7. Submitted 7/16

Reactions: 8 users
OOS II received! Anybody know the post II acceptance rate?