2022-2023 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II last week, mcat and gpa lower than avg so a bit worried but excited nonetheless.

Reactions: 1 user
💢I vote MCAThiccy for MVP💢
bro we need more of ur energy

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an email from Brown titled “You’re Invited” and nearly died, but I’ve been invited to apply to the Master’s Program. I’m so hurt.

Email was unrelated to my MD application, but still.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like 77%. You're going to Brown homeboy. Source: ~*~*~*~ Updated Post II Acceptance Rates 2021 ~*~*~*~

Wanted to clarify for transparency. On interview day the admissions director spoke bluntly about how people mischaracterized the post-ii rate due to the MSAR numbers being vague. Because of their 8-year track and other programs, the post-ii everyone calculates is very inflated. According to them, ~30% of interviewees will be accepted on the first decision, and by the end of the waitlist procedures, they will eventually accept ~50% of people who interviewed.

Reactions: 4 users
Wanted to clarify for transparency. On interview day the admissions director spoke bluntly about how people mischaracterized the post-ii rate due to the MSAR numbers being vague. Because of their 8-year track and other programs, the post-ii everyone calculates is very inflated. According to them, ~30% of interviewees will be accepted on the first decision, and by the end of the waitlist procedures, they will eventually accept ~50% of people who interviewed.
50% is still pretty high compared to some schools.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II 9/19! Cried in the bathroom at work because I was so relieved...

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
II received a couple of hours ago! Complete 8/6 LM 72 WARS 84

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
M3 (non-PLME) @ AMS, happy to answer questions you all may have throughout the cycle. Bon chance.

M3 (non-PLME) @ AMS, happy to answer questions you all may have throughout the cycle. Bon chance.
Hi! Are the preclerkship years pass/fail (and if so, are they true pass/fail, i.e. no internal rankings)? What made Brown stand out/why did you choose it over other schools? Thank you so much!

Hey bruhbruh! Congrats on nearly completing your meds school journey.
Just wanted to ask you: what is the most positive memory or experience you have of med school (or Brown in general)?
I’d say the most positive experience/memory for med school in general are all these life changing moments in other peoples lives that I get to be a part of simply because I’m a medical student. I’m there when people are delivering their first baby, when they’re undergoing their first cycle of chemo, etc. It’s wild.

My most positive memory specifically about Brown, I would have to say the preclinical doctoring program. You get to spend a half day basically every week with a clinical preceptor which is really cool if you want to jump start involvement in a specific specialty or explore a sub specialty well before clinical electives. It’s also nice to practice clinical skills for 2 years before they toss you into 3rd year.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello! I’m interviewing this week! Any last minute tips?
Congratulations and good luck! I’d say know the specifics about Brown that you’re interested in and be ready to talk about them. During my interview, I chatted about some of the student groups I wanted to be a part of.

Also, don’t be afraid of asking the students you get to interact with questions. We are 110% not involved in whether you’re admitted. And feel free to reach out to students with similar backgrounds via the student contact sheet Marcy sends out.

Hi! Are the preclerkship years pass/fail (and if so, are they true pass/fail, i.e. no internal rankings)? What made Brown stand out/why did you choose it over other schools? Thank you so much!
Yes, the preclerkship years are pass/fail. For internal ranking, I haven’t heard anything about that. If they did, they wouldn’t reveal it to institutions outside of AMS. They don’t even report our shelf scores on our transcripts.

Clinical years are graded on honors pass. That is one thing that I would change. I’d definitely prefer a pass- high pass- honors.

Brown vs. other schools: I loved the idea of being the only medical school in the state. You can get involved in many things as a result. Also, no competition with other institutions students for opportunities. I liked the exposure the preclinical doctoring program gives. PVD is semi-quiet place, it’s a small city so there’s things to do if you search but not overly bustling that you’d have FOMO. And then, I liked it because Brown has a lot of residency programs and I wanted to have exposure to many different fields bc I absolutely had no idea what I wanted to do (still don’t but that wasn’t the question).

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, the preclerkship years are pass/fail. For internal ranking, I haven’t heard anything about that. If they did, they wouldn’t reveal it to institutions outside of AMS. They don’t even report our shelf scores on our transcripts.

Clinical years are graded on honors pass. That is one thing that I would change. I’d definitely prefer a pass- high pass- honors.

Brown vs. other schools: I loved the idea of being the only medical school in the state. You can get involved in many things as a result. Also, no competition with other institutions students for opportunities. I liked the exposure the preclinical doctoring program gives. PVD is semi-quiet place, it’s a small city so there’s things to do if you search but not overly bustling that you’d have FOMO. And then, I liked it because Brown has a lot of residency programs and I wanted to have exposure to many different fields bc I absolutely had no idea what I wanted to do (still don’t but that wasn’t the question).
Thank you so much!!!! This made me even more excited for my interview :)

II today. LM 75. OOS. Submitted 9/2.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users