2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is UCCOM pretty much done sending out IIs for this cycle? Wondering if it's time to give up hope :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from 11/2 heard anything?
Me neither. My current guess is that they normally have Med Students give the call, but this week is finals week so they’re all busy. But IMO I’d rather just have the result in an email instead of waiting a week.

Reactions: 1 users
Is the portal not working for anyone else?

Looks like there was a planned maintenance so the portal wasn't working for a while, but I was able to log in just now

has anyone from the 11/2 interview day heard back yet??

I'm still waiting to hear from 11/2, too. Pretty frustrating when other schools are so much quicker to respond. I doubt we'll hear anything until January at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear from 11/2, too. Pretty frustrating when other schools are so much quicker to respond. I doubt we'll hear anything until January at this point.
Yes, I was thinking the same. It's past the 6 week mark now. I really don't know what the hold up is about. I really hope and pray they would release on Friday- 23rd.

Nope. Not yet. Also, it is surprising to me that there are 5 of us from that day all in this chat.
+1. So I had an Interview 1 week before elsewhere, and I just heard back this week. Am anticipating 11/2 results next week, seems like Thanksgiving break pushed alot of adcom meetings back. 8/32 of us in here haha? Either way I remember meeting fellow interviewees and yall all seemed cool. Wishing the best for yall next week!

Hi all! I am a current M1 at UCCOM and I was thinking back to a year ago when I was in your shoes stressing about apps. I had so many questions and very few places to find answers, so I figured I'd come on here and answer any questions you had about interviews, the curriculum, social life, etc. I have no ties to admissions so feel free to ask anything, and I'll answer honestly. Also you can DM me if you don't feel comfortable posting to everyone. There's still lots of time in this cycle so good luck and try not to stress too much!

• Care
Is UCCOM pretty much done sending out IIs for this cycle? Wondering if it's time to give up hope :(
There's still plenty of time! I'm a current M1 and I didn't get an interview invite until February. I interviewed late February and was accepted in late March

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
for those that got called for their A's, did it come from an Ohio area code?

Hi all! I am a current M1 at UCCOM and I was thinking back to a year ago when I was in your shoes stressing about apps. I had so many questions and very few places to find answers, so I figured I'd come on here and answer any questions you had about interviews, the curriculum, social life, etc. I have no ties to admissions so feel free to ask anything, and I'll answer honestly. Also you can DM me if you don't feel comfortable posting to everyone. There's still lots of time in this cycle so good luck and try not to stress too much!
Hey I really appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. I'd love to hear your take on the social life at UCCOM. What're some of the activities students do on the weekend? Is it a tight-knit community? Does the curriculum allow for a social life outside of coursework?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I really appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. I'd love to hear your take on the social life at UCCOM. What're some of the activities students do on the weekend? Is it a tight-knit community? Does the curriculum allow for a social life outside of coursework?
That's one of my favorite parts about the school. There definitely is a great social life here. The school does a good job of facilitating social events early on, and because the curriculum eases you into the tough stuff, there's lots of time over the first couple months to explore the city and socialize. For example, over the summer, we had a group of 50ish of us that would play sand volleyball at least every other day. I think our class is pretty tight, and while friend groups have formed, everyone still seems to hang out together and in large groups too. Once you get into the organ blocks, there is less free time, but there definitely is still plenty.

Also, I've been surprised with how great of a city Cincinnati is. There's so much to do. I've been to Bengals, Reds, Cincy FC, and Cyclones games. We have a few IM teams (the UCCOM team won soccer this year), and I still play mens league hockey with some of my classmates. There are some awesome music venues, the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, and the art museum is beautiful. There's plenty of bars and a pretty lively nightlife. There's some pretty cool parks and lots of hiking just across the border in Kentucky. Also, the city also puts on some fun events like Blink (such a cool event), the second largest Oktoberfest (behind Munich), Santacon, etc.

School is a lot, and I don't have nearly the same amount of free time as my college friends with jobs, but I've been able to do all of the above in just six months. Sometimes you have to make the time for it yourself, but you definitely can continue doing the things you love. I've also met a lot of great people here, and I love my class. I know this is kind of a long reply, but I think its one of the best parts about this school. Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
That's one of my favorite parts about the school. There definitely is a great social life here. The school does a good job of facilitating social events early on, and because the curriculum eases you into the tough stuff, there's lots of time over the first couple months to explore the city and socialize. For example, over the summer, we had a group of 50ish of us that would play sand volleyball at least every other day. I think our class is pretty tight, and while friend groups have formed, everyone still seems to hang out together and in large groups too. Once you get into the organ blocks, there is less free time, but there definitely is still plenty.

Also, I've been surprised with how great of a city Cincinnati is. There's so much to do. I've been to Bengals, Reds, Cincy FC, and Cyclones games. We have a few IM teams (the UCCOM team won soccer this year), and I still play mens league hockey with some of my classmates. There are some awesome music venues, the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, and the art museum is beautiful. There's plenty of bars and a pretty lively nightlife. There's some pretty cool parks and lots of hiking just across the border in Kentucky. Also, the city also puts on some fun events like Blink (such a cool event), the second largest Oktoberfest (behind Munich), Santacon, etc.

School is a lot, and I don't have nearly the same amount of free time as my college friends with jobs, but I've been able to do all of the above in just six months. Sometimes you have to make the time for it yourself, but you definitely can continue doing the things you love. I've also met a lot of great people here, and I love my class. I know this is kind of a long reply, but I think its one of the best parts about this school. Hope this helps!
This was very helpful. UCCOM and Cincinnati both sound great. Thank you!

For anyone on the waitlist, did you submit an update/LOI and then get any response regarding moving up/off the waitlist?

what interview dates are still waiting to hear back?
11/2,11/9, 12/16, any others???

oh wow, that's so many dates. I wonder when the next round decisions will roll out

oh wow, that's so many dates. I wonder when the next round decisions will roll out
Worked your magic huh... just got the A call 11/2 interview. Would love to join any admitted students chats or pages :)

• Love
Just got the A call! 11/2 interview, OOS, LM 72. Shoutout to the M2 that just made my entire year!!!

Got the A late last night! Interviewed 11/9 OOS and am so unbelievably excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if there is an accepted student group me or anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any others 11/02 interviewees waiting on decisions?