-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
goodluckpanda!
Full Member
For everyone on the WL, not sure if they’re still releasing decisions, but there’s only 70 people in the group me right now, 160 in the FB group, and class size is usually close to 200. Just putting that out there!
captain4250
Full Member
For anyone that knows, how does the Sarah Stewart scholarship work? If when received, does it cover all four years of tuition? And are you able to reapply your next year if you don’t get it as an ms1?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone been able to select their white coat size on the portal? I can see what style I can select but no size selection :/
nothavingfun
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything yet today? Was hoping some decisions might come out
JacksonFeeble
Full Member
I interviewed early Dec. and still haven't heard anything. It's GUSOM's spring break this week so I highly doubt we will hear anything.Has anyone heard anything yet today? Was hoping some decisions might come out
premed-dodo
Full Member
Same. I'm checking for posts on the daily. I did see from last year's posts that there are reserved slots for Georgetown SMP and SMP alumni. And I heard many decisions are released late April and May when students with multiple acceptances start committing to a single school.I interviewed early Dec. and still haven't heard anything. It's GUSOM's spring break this week so I highly doubt we will hear anything.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
As an SMP alum, the current SMP students all interview in March/early April. And then they usually hear back 4-6ish weeks after their interview. And while I know they generally accept a certain # of current and former SMP students each year, idk if that number is set in stone or how they determine that. But I'm sure decisions for the rest of applicants are at least somewhat influenced by how many SMPs/SMP alums they accept.Same. I'm checking for posts on the daily. I did see from last year's posts that there are reserved slots for Georgetown SMP and SMP alumni. And I heard many decisions are released late April and May when students with multiple acceptances start committing to a single school.
Just heard from my best friend/roommate that she just got a call from the dean on her acceptance.She interviewed in December MCAT 517 ORM
nothavingfun
Full Member
Congrats to her!! Now I’m nervous again tho lol 😂 thought nothing would come out due to jacksonfeeble’s point about spring break (which definitely made sense!)Just heard from my best friend/roommate that she just got a call from the dean on her acceptance.She interviewed in December MCAT 517 ORM
she’s going to upenn for grad school instead, so there’s that!Congrats to her!! Now I’m nervous again tho lol 😂 thought nothing would come out due to jacksonfeeble’s point about spring break (which definitely made sense!)
dartosfascia10
Full Member
the med school operates on a separate calendar from the undergrad students (and from other graduate programs). Thus, if that person is going by the undergrad calendar, the med school may not be on break right now?Congrats to her!! Now I’m nervous again tho lol 😂 thought nothing would come out due to jacksonfeeble’s point about spring break (which definitely made sense!)
Last edited:
dartosfascia10
Full Member
congrats! mind sharing your stats?Got the A via phone call today! super pumped 🙂) Interviewed 1/24
Also, on your interview day did they say it would be 10-12 weeks before you heard back?
nothavingfun
Full Member
I did check med school website and SOM is on break right now. However… admissions committee might not follow along with student breaks (but I have no idea!)the med school operates on a separate calendar from the undergrad students (and from other graduate programs). Thus, if that person is going by the undergrad calendar, the med school may not be on break right now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Do decisions usually come out on Mondays only? Or can it be any time?
mutedenergy
Full Member
WL, interviewed 1/5 (SMP 2021 alum)
cGPA: 3.5, 515 MCAT
cGPA: 3.5, 515 MCAT
dartosfascia10
Full Member
WL this morning, SMP alum. Interviewed 1/18.
springrollz
Full Member
Do you guys know if it is better to send a letter of intent now or wait until the end of April?
Got Waitlisted this morning. I submitted an LOI and an update letter better before the WL, and now on the WL portal I see options for letters and the previous place where I submitted my letters is closed and doesn't show anything. So, do I resubmit these in the waitlist section or are they still there but I just can't see them.
mutedenergy
Full Member
Got Waitlisted this morning. I submitted an LOI and an update letter better before the WL, and now on the WL portal I see options for letters and the previous place where I submitted my letters is closed and doesn't show anything. So, do I resubmit these in the waitlist section or are they still there but I just can't see them.
Was wondering the exact same thing
dartosfascia10
Full Member
I was also waitlisted, and also noticed that previously-submitted updates/letters are no longer visible. I don't think it's necessary to resubmit anything you've already submitted; they likely based their WL decision on your app + whatever letters you had uploaded. Thus perhaps it can sort of be viewed of as a 'blank slate', where any and all further review of your application will be solely based on any additional updates/letters that you submit from this point. Idk that's just my theory.Got Waitlisted this morning. I submitted an LOI and an update letter better before the WL, and now on the WL portal I see options for letters and the previous place where I submitted my letters is closed and doesn't show anything. So, do I resubmit these in the waitlist section or are they still there but I just can't see them.
slsjenrofk17384
Full Member
when do you guys think the next WL movement will be?
mutedenergy
Full Member
I was also waitlisted, and also noticed that previously-submitted updates/letters are no longer visible. I don't think it's necessary to resubmit anything you've already submitted; they likely based their WL decision on your app + whatever letters you had uploaded. Thus perhaps it can sort of be viewed of as a 'blank slate', where any and all further review of your application will be solely based on any additional updates/letters that you submit from this point. Idk that's just my theory.
Thoughts on how I sent a LOI the day before I received my WL decision?
Should I resubmit
dartosfascia10
Full Member
I would reword it slightly, but otherwise submit it againThoughts on how I sent a LOI the day before I received my WL decision?
Should I resubmit
premed-dodo
Full Member
WL. Early December interview.
I dont think it would hurt! I didn't ask the admissions office directly, but I had an additional LoR get submitted while I was on the WL. Not sure how much impact it had, but I did get taken off the WL. I would check with admissions office!Does anyone know if georgetown accepts additional LOR once you're on the WL? Probably not?
Withdrew my A, good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the Letters of Interest in the waitlist section do we have to keep the character count below 3000? It lets me write upto 3000 words, but it says 3000 characters.
premed-dodo
Full Member
I'm not sure, and I noticed that as well. I just wrote a letter that goes over all the main points of why I want to attend. It was about 3/4 of a page long and well under 3000 characters.For the Letters of Interest in the waitlist section do we have to keep the character count below 3000? It lets me write upto 3000 words, but it says 3000 characters.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
even if you are allowed to write 3000 words, I would still recommend keeping it to a page or lessFor the Letters of Interest in the waitlist section do we have to keep the character count below 3000? It lets me write upto 3000 words, but it says 3000 characters.
sir norbiez
Full Member
Is the WL ranked?
I was told its notIs the WL ranked?
sir norbiez
Full Member
Do you know if it’s rolling or how the decide who’s at the top of the list?I was told its not
hopefulandexcitedfuturemd
New Member
Anyone know the attire for accepted students day on Monday?
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
business casualAnyone know the attire for accepted students day on Monday?
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
when do admissions decisions usually get released?
premed-dodo
Full Member
According to GUSOM, the admissions are rolling, so they release throughout the cycle.when do admissions decisions usually get released?
Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? The recent email sent by the office implies that we’re going to receive it before second look
I did about a week ago. Definitely not the most generous package I've ever received 🤣🤣🤣Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? The recent email sent by the office implies that we’re going to receive it before second look
Wait last week?! I've been checking MyAccess on the daily and I haven't gotten anything yet 😭I did about a week ago. Definitely not the most generous package I've ever received 🤣🤣🤣
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
I received mine as well and it was just loansWait last week?! I've been checking MyAccess on the daily and I haven't gotten anything yet 😭
aspiringphysician2023a
Full Member
So I see that Georgetown has pass/fail clerkships, it seems like they don't do high pass/ pass with honors/etc. Is that true? I think their website is outdated. Can any current students confirm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where can you see that information?I received mine as well and it was just loans
I am not seeing anything, unless I am paying the full COA and they just haven't told me that yet rip
premed-dodo
Full Member
We might see some movement early April as students starting making more decisions - but the big date is April 17. That's when students have to narrow down their choices to 3 schools, and I expect more movement then.Any thoughts about waitlist movement? It looks like they took some people off in early April last year, but this year saw some March movement...
According to AAMC, May 1 may be another date as students have to narrow down their choices to 1.
springrollz
Full Member
For those who are waitlisted and submitted a letter, if it says 1/10 does that mean it's all done and submitted? Also, it says you can't edit, but there's totally an edit button.