2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I only just now realized their financial aid deadline for institutional aid was January 2nd, 2023. I have not received any information regarding this, is this typical? I was waiting to hear back from them to fill out financial information.
They sent an email to everyone including all applicants earlier with all the deadlines and the form we had to fill for institutional aid

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call now! Interviewed back in early November.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call!!! I literally burst out crying at work 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
WL today. Interviewed early November. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Waitlisted today, interviewed early November. Hoping for the best now!

Got the A today! I can’t believe this. This is surreal.

Reactions: 2 users
To other accepted folks, do you know if the invitation for the Stewart scholarship is sent out to everyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we can expect waitlist movement?
Channeled my anxious energy into something productive. These are the first posts I saw reporting waitlist movement on SDN threads for previous years. It's kinda all over the place, so let's hope for early movement this year!

21'-22': Apr 4, 2022
20'-21': Feb 22, 2021
19'-20': Feb 25, 2020
18'-19': March 29, 2019

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
do we think early December interviews are gonna hear back soon? hitting 10 weeks now

Just wondering, have any mdphd applicants heard back for the second interview?

Do you guys think late November and early December people are going to hear back this week?

Do you guys think late November and early December people are going to hear back this week?
you should! If I remember right, they said 8-12 weeks post-II is when they try to come out with decisions.

you should! If I remember right, they said 8-12 weeks post-II is when they try to come out with decisions.
I was told 10-12 weeks in my interview (and they seemed explicit about not hearing before 10 weeks)...for those who interviewed and have already heard back, is this 8-12 week timeline accurate?

I was told 10-12 weeks in my interview (and they seemed explicit about not hearing before 10 weeks)...for those who interviewed and have already heard back, is this 8-12 week timeline accurate?
Think is was 10-12 weeks for me as well. But its been more than 10 weeks already, so wondering if we're going to hear back soon or not.

I interviewed on December 7th and received a call for my acceptance on February 6th. I hope this info helps for those that also interviewed around the same time.

• Love
For those that are accepted, how soon did others receive their financial aid package after their acceptance?

I interviewed on December 7th and received a call for my acceptance on February 6th. I hope this info helps for those that also interviewed around the same time.
Did anyone else from early December hear back?

did they explicitly say it would be at least 10 weeks before you would hear back? or did they not specify?

Does anyone know when GUSOM start releasing the WL movement?
Last year the first report of WL movement was on April 4, but for the two years prior WL movement started (slowly, like only 1-2people got off the waitlist) in Feb!

21'-22': Apr 4, 2022
20'-21': Feb 22, 2021
19'-20': Feb 25, 2020
18'-19': March 29, 2019

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone from late November still waiting to hear? Was expecting to hear back last week but not sure anymore… :(

Still waiting to hear… not sure if there are others in the same boat but I’m worried this isn’t a good sign :(

Still waiting to hear… not sure if there are others in the same boat but I’m worried this isn’t a good sign :(
i only saw 1 person from late november/early december interviews on here report hearing back. i interviewed early december and still haven't heard anything

Will an email be sent informing us that we can see our financial aid package on MyAccess? I'm not seeing anything on my page.

I weirdly submitted a letter of interest on the same day I was waitlisted back in October, under the "Post Submission" tab. I went to go submit a new letter of interest under "waitlist letters" today and saw that everything under "Post submission" is now unavailable/timed out.

I'm thinking I'll just combine the two into one and submit under Waitlist Letters when the time comes... but does anyone know if that original letter is still visible to the committee?

Do you guys think late November and early December people are going to hear back soon? Been more than 12 weeks for me, and wondering if I should send an update letter or just wait if they've already made decisions.

Do you guys think late November and early December people are going to hear back soon? Been more than 12 weeks for me, and wondering if I should send an update letter or just wait if they've already made decisions.
Update letter can’t hurt you!

Interviewer in mid Nov and haven’t heard — it looks like it’s not 100% chronological

hey everyone! i’m currently an m1 at gusom and just wanted to chime in and answer any questions y’all have about the process :) i know there’s a lot of uncertainty concerning hearing back fr gusom, and they certainly like to say that applicants will hear back in 10-12 wks, but in actuality it takes like 14-16 wks to hear back (i remember i interviewed in 01/2021 and heard back in 04/2021, so it was around 14 wks). i know it sucks, but lean more on the longer side when waiting to hear back fr admissions.
i’ve also seen a lot about getting on the waitlist, so i’ll try to illuminate a little about that process. gusom typically has 2 waitlist movements (that i remember), and our class year was in 05/2021 and 06/2021. the first (05/2021) was the largest and i think around 50-70 people get an acceptance that day. the second (06/2021) was much smaller, only around 10 ppl i think get accepted. so, if you get on the waitlist, don’t worry! around 1/3 of the class is fr the waitlist (seriously, all of my friends in school are fr the waitlist).
if you have been accepted, congrats! i’ll see you around next year, if you decide to accept the offer :) any other questions about the acceptance process (if you’re still waiting), the school itself (if you’re trying to decide b/w schools) or anything at all, lmk! i’ll try to answer them best i can. i remember being in y’all’s shoes a year ago and how anxiety-inducing that all was for me, neurotically checking this forum every hour. bear with me tho, we are in the midst of exam szn, so i might be a bit slow

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
hey everyone! i’m currently an m1 at gusom and just wanted to chime in and answer any questions y’all have about the process :) i know there’s a lot of uncertainty concerning hearing back fr gusom, and they certainly like to say that applicants will hear back in 10-12 wks, but in actuality it takes like 14-16 wks to hear back (i remember i interviewed in 01/2021 and heard back in 04/2021, so it was around 14 wks). i know it sucks, but lean more on the longer side when waiting to hear back fr admissions.
i’ve also seen a lot about getting on the waitlist, so i’ll try to illuminate a little about that process. gusom typically has 2 waitlist movements (that i remember), and our class year was in 05/2021 and 06/2021. the first (05/2021) was the largest and i think around 50-70 people get an acceptance that day. the second (06/2021) was much smaller, only around 10 ppl i think get accepted. so, if you get on the waitlist, don’t worry! around 1/3 of the class is fr the waitlist (seriously, all of my friends in school are fr the waitlist).
if you have been accepted, congrats! i’ll see you around next year, if you decide to accept the offer :) any other questions about the acceptance process (if you’re still waiting), the school itself (if you’re trying to decide b/w schools) or anything at all, lmk! i’ll try to answer them best i can. i remember being in y’all’s shoes a year ago and how anxiety-inducing that all was for me, neurotically checking this forum every hour. bear with me tho, we are in the midst of exam szn, so i might be a bit slow
Hi REIOUT, thank you so much for your insight. Question- around what time should we expect to receive our financial aid package/timeframe for you

Hi REIOUT, thank you so much for your insight. Question- around what time should we expect to receive our financial aid package/timeframe for you
heyo! i got my package like 5 days after i accepted, but i accepted in early june so by then class statuses and financial aid packages were prolly being finalized. i know you have to apply for financial aid, or else you get nothing (its a google form, amongst other things), so make sure you do that! if you’re interested, the need-based scholarship i received was pretty generous, around $20k. not sure how it was for other students however

Got the acceptance call this afternoon (3/5/23)! Interviewed 1/4/23. I hope you get good news soon too!!

I also got the acceptance call yesterday (Sunday) afternoon—interviewed mid-Nov!

do you mind sharing what day in Jan you interviewed and if you recall, what day in April you got the A? Asking because I am working with a similar timeframe!

Acceptance came in today. Interviewed 1/5.