You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nothavingfun
Full Member
bro what does Georgetown have against us who interviewed in December
galaxyabby
New Member
got the call today!!!! interviewed 1/19. anyone know when their closer look day is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i had my interview in 01/11/22 and was actually waitlisted on 04/05/22. i was accepted 06/03/22 🙂 hope that helpsdo you mind sharing what day in Jan you interviewed and if you recall, what day in April you got the A? Asking because I am working with a similar timeframe!
Weird, mid-November and Early January people seem to have heard back, but late November and early December people were skipped over. I don't even know what to make of this anymore. Wanted to send an update, but am not sure if they already made a decision and it would be useless to send one now or if they skipped over us and an update might help.
sir norbiez
Full Member
I feel hopeless lol like do I call the adcom or just wait it out a bit more (interviewed early December)
dartosfascia10
Full Member
You interviewed 1/19?! I interviewed 1/18 and they said 10-12 weeks minimum?!got the call today!!!! interviewed 1/19. anyone know when their closer look day is?
wannabeanmd1299
Full Member
Does anyone know approximately how many people get on the waitlist and how many people are accepted off of it?
post-ii R. interviewed 12/2. interesting
wannabeanmd1299
Full Member
If you feel bad I interviewed mid September and just got my decision today 😅I feel hopeless lol like do I call the adcom or just wait it out a bit more (interviewed early December)
kirbydoughball
Full Member
just got the call, i'm off the waitlist! interviewed 9/16, WL in november
sir norbiez
Full Member
Gtown playing mind games fr. Interviewed Dec 2, waitlisted today. Did you get accepted or waitlisted?If you feel bad I interviewed mid September and just got my decision today 😅
biggkahuna
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send any updates or letter of intent that you think may have helped? Was placed on WL in January and hope to follow your path hahajust got the call, i'm off the waitlist! interviewed 9/16, WL in november
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kirbydoughball
Full Member
thank you! i sent one update letter a few days after my decision and then have done nothing since. my friend at GT said a buddy of his wrote like 4-5 letters and got in after being WL so looks like more than one letter wont hurt? good luckCongrats! Did you send any updates or letter of intent that you think may have helped? Was placed on WL in January and hope to follow your path haha
wannabeanmd1299
Full Member
WLGtown playing mind games fr. Interviewed Dec 2, waitlisted today. Did you get accepted or waitlisted?
Got a call from the dean of admissions with the A off the WL this morning! OOS. I interviewed 8/30 and got the WL email 10/14
Also just got the call from the dean! I interviewed on 9/14, received WL on 10/24! I sent in letter of intents on november, January, and February. My fiancé is re-locating to DC after college for a job so i mentioned that on those letters! I also talked to students from GT and a faculty from there! Hope this helps and this is my second cycle! I got waitlisted UW and Stanford in 2021 when I applied. I will be committing to GT! Stats: MCAT 516, GPA 3.93 with extensive biomedical research experience! Good luck to everyone and feel free to DM me anything with questions!
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
let's gooo WL movement!! Congratulations to everyone who's gotten the call today!Also just got the call from the dean! I interviewed on 9/14, received WL on 10/24! I sent in letter of intents on november, January, and February. My fiancé is re-locating to DC after college for a job so i mentioned that on those letters! I also talked to students from GT and a faculty from there! Hope this helps and this is my second cycle! I got waitlisted UW and Stanford in 2021 when I applied. I will be committing to GT! Stats: MCAT 516, GPA 3.93 with extensive biomedical research experience! Good luck to everyone and feel free to DM me anything with questions!
Any other early December people who haven't heard back yet?
nothavingfun
Full Member
I have not heard back. Interviewed early DecemberAny other early December people who haven't heard back yet?
JacksonFeeble
Full Member
+1I have not heard back. Interviewed early December
I work night shift so I woke up to the voice message!!!! A off the WL!!! I interviewed early Oct and waitlisted late Dec!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! thank you to everyone on this forum for keeping me sane. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. GT is my first choice so I will see you guys in August!!!!!!!!!
sir norbiez
Full Member
Does anyone have insight into like what percentage of the incoming class is from the waitlist, and whether or not Gtown goes thru the WL chronologically?
premed-dodo
Full Member
Early December and have not heard back. To be fair, admissions have to sift through a myriad of apps. Stay strong!Any other early December people who haven't heard back yet?
slsjenrofk17384
Full Member
Does anyone know how often they release people from WL? 🥹
hopefulandexcitedfuturemd
New Member
Got the A call off the wait list this morning at 11 am EST!!! Couldn’t stop saying oh my gosh!! Interviewed 9/15, waitlisted mid November, sent a letter of interest after my WL decision in November and a second letter of interest in January!!!! Was planning on sending in a letter of intent soon but they beat me to it!! Can’t believe this is real life! Wishing for the best for the rest of you on the wait list!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, there are both! If you recently got accepted, you’ll soon receive an email with a link to the Facebook group. You’ll have access to the GroupMe link once you’re in the group.is there a facebook group or a groupme for accepted students
premed-dodo
Full Member
Just curious, anyone hear back from admissions recently? I’m about to hit 14 weeks from my interview date. Waiting patiently because I hear it can take up to 14-16 weeks, but I am feeling a bit apprehensive.
stay.hydrated
Full Member
Just curious, anyone hear back from admissions recently? I’m about to hit 14 weeks from my interview date. Waiting patiently because I hear it can take up to 14-16 weeks, but I am feeling a bit apprehensive.
I interviewed 1/12 and got a waitlist email 3/7. Hoping you get some great news soon!!
premed-dodo
Full Member
Thanks for sharing! Would it be a bad idea to send an email regarding decisions - or maybe a letter of interest/intent?I interviewed 1/12 and got a waitlist email 3/7. Hoping you get some great news soon!!
dartosfascia10
Full Member
they probably won't tell you when you can expect to hear back. but if you haven't already, send a letter of interest (or intent if GUSOM is your top program)Thanks for sharing! Would it be a bad idea to send an email regarding decisions - or maybe a letter of interest/intent?
ibubrofen
Full Member
Agreed, but (if this is applicable to you) I would hold off on a letter of intent. During interview day, admissions said that they don't accept letters of intent until after you've been waitlisted.they probably won't tell you when you can expect to hear back. but if you haven't already, send a letter of interest (or intent if GUSOM is your top program)
Hmm, they didn’t say anything like that about letters of intent in my interview. But I might have just missed it.Agreed, but (if this is applicable to you) I would hold off on a letter of intent. During interview day, admissions said that they don't accept letters of intent until after you've been waitlisted.
ibubrofen
Full Member
yeah it's not something they explicitly announced, another student had just asked about LOIsHmm, they didn’t say anything like that about letters of intent in my interview. But I might have just missed it.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
I don't recall hearing anything about when during the process they do vs do NOT accept letters of intent. But regardless, yes - I think a letter of intent is most useful/valuable specifically for applicants who have been waitlisted.yeah it's not something they explicitly announced, another student had just asked about LOIs
With that said, one of the GUSOM faculty members whom I personally know said that if I don't hear back within the 12-week timeframe they said we would hear back in, to basically send an update reiterating that GUSOM is my top choice, i.e. send them a letter of intent
ibubrofen
Full Member
ooh ok that's helpful, thank you!I don't recall hearing anything about when during the process they do vs do NOT accept letters of intent. But regardless, yes - I think a letter of intent is most useful/valuable specifically for applicants who have been waitlisted.
With that said, one of the GUSOM faculty members whom I personally know said that if I don't hear back within the 12-week timeframe they said we would hear back in, to basically send an update reiterating that GUSOM is my top choice, i.e. send them a letter of intent
premed-dodo
Full Member
I just sent my letter of intent. Just curious, any early December interviews hear back at all? I know a current Georgetown medical student who interviewed early December in a previous cycle, and she got a response within 12 weeks 🙁.
I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.
I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.
premed-dodo
Full Member
This was immensely useful. Thank you so much!I don't recall hearing anything about when during the process they do vs do NOT accept letters of intent. But regardless, yes - I think a letter of intent is most useful/valuable specifically for applicants who have been waitlisted.
With that said, one of the GUSOM faculty members whom I personally know said that if I don't hear back within the 12-week timeframe they said we would hear back in, to basically send an update reiterating that GUSOM is my top choice, i.e. send them a letter of intent
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dartosfascia10
Full Member
If it makes you feel better, it took them 16 weeks to get back to my friend...she was accepted!I just sent my letter of intent. Just curious, any early December interviews hear back at all? I know a current Georgetown medical student who interviewed early December in a previous cycle, and she got a response within 12 weeks 🙁.
I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.
wannabeanmd1299
Full Member
Does Georgetown accept letters of support/ additional letters of rec if you are on the WL?
ibubrofen
Full Member
That's exactly what I'm scared about - especially since the last wave of decisions seemed to be mostly acceptances/waitlists 😬I just sent my letter of intent. Just curious, any early December interviews hear back at all? I know a current Georgetown medical student who interviewed early December in a previous cycle, and she got a response within 12 weeks 🙁.
I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.
premed-dodo
Full Member
I would recommend reading the 2021-2022 Georgetown cycle on SDN. It seems waiting 16+ weeks is not unusual and it does give perspective on the process 🙂. It helped me a lot.That's exactly what I'm scared about - especially since the last wave of decisions seemed to be mostly acceptances/waitlists 😬
sir norbiez
Full Member
Does Georgetown accept much off the waitlist? Are waitlist offers based on rolling?