2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was pulled off the WL from UC Davis so i will be declining my offer to Howard. i hope someone from the WL gets really good news soon! good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
I know we ask all the time, but are they still conducting interviews? Trying to keep some hope alive but I feel like at this point, it’s mainly WL movement until they fill the class.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know we ask all the time, but are they still conducting interviews? Trying to keep some hope alive but I feel like at this point, it’s mainly WL movement until they fill the class.
i think its safe to say no more interviews since schools are focused on WL movement now. if you didnt get any news, id think about reapplying

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Just got accepted today, do you know if I would have to commit to enroll by 5:12, or can I just pay $100 to save my seat?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Are you guys sending in updates to get off WL? I already sent in a few since WL but I feel anxious just waiting and want to do something!

Lol they definitely ghosting some applicants. I have been wondering if there is a way to get our secondary fee refunded because they specifically stated in their emails that "6-8 weeks for a full review, but most people have heard anything and the cycle is damn near over. That email is essentially a contract, right? If they are not able to review apps in 6-8 wks post-secondary submission, then they shouldn't have included a timeline.

Reactions: 3 users
Day 8! Everyone give it up for DAY 8!
IMG_2437.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
Got A last tuesday 5/2, interviewed 4/12 and was waitlisted 4/27. does anyone have the link for the groupme or FB page? I think someone earlier said the FB page would be sent in an email but I haven't seen anything about it....
good luck to everyone out there, everything is going to turn out ok :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did you happen to ask if they have started sending out offers to WL ppl? Or anything about the WL movement?
yea I asked about WL movement and she told me that they're still pulling people off as needed... so all hope is not lost!

Also asked about interviews for the people asking on here, she said they stopped mid April and that those not invited would prob hear about an R at the end of the cycle. Says the reason they wait so long is that in the event they need to fill the class after exhausting the WL (maybe people drop super last minute for whatever reason) they will go back to that pile and interview from there but she doesn't anticipate that happening with the way things look now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got A last tuesday 5/2, interviewed 4/12 and was waitlisted 4/27. does anyone have the link for the groupme or FB page? I think someone earlier said the FB page would be sent in an email but I haven't seen anything about it....
good luck to everyone out there, everything is going to turn out ok :)
Congrats 😊 that’s such a quick turn around hopefully more movement is coming soon.

• Care
Do we know if there will actually be a “flood”? Seems like the Facebook group is just increasing reallyyy slowly

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know if there will actually be a “flood”? Seems like the Facebook group is just increasing reallyyy slowly
Truthfully, I wouldn’t go by Facebook. Myself and a couple of others have been accepted and we don’t use Facebook.

Maybe this year is different. Could be after the deadline to accept that they gave recently accepted students, could be a constant trickle

Day 12: still waiting for my A…
IMG_2449.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
any waitlisters going to the second look next week?

Is anyone able to add me to the GroupMe?
Dm'd you. Congrats on the acceptance :)

Edit: anyone here who is accepted can feel free to dm me for the groupme link. the groupme link is also in the Facebook group if you scroll through the posts

Last edited:
Recently admitted students: how long are they giving y’all to accept the offer?

So at this point if I didn’t receive an interview, I’m just waiting for my R?
Yes unfortunately I called and there last interview was April 15! They can’t reject everyone because in case of an emergency they might need to interview but it’s very rare and unlikely to happen per an admissions officer. Since they usually use everyone on their waitlist,they told me to find ways to improve my application and apply next cycle.

Last edited:
People who withdrew, did you get your $100 back?

For anyone that’s called, have you spoken to anyone on the admission committee or Williams-folkes about your specific WL status?