You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I’m not sure. Someone in last years thread got an invite on May 9th 😭I think it’s safe to assume interviews are over, right?
G0dwink246
Full Member
hope: reactivatedI’m not sure. Someone in last years thread got an invite on May 9th 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061520
Yes I will say so. Even if there are still interviews left, for those of us still waiting, our chances of receiving the invite at this point is minuscule. At this point, any hope is like grasping at last straws. So it’s best to assume it’s over and just wait for the rejection emails. If you do become that less than 0.01% that may still get invite, that’s great. Otherwise it’s best to move on for mental health sake. Anyway, that’s my opinion.
I wish everyone here do get a spot for medical school this fall. If not at Howard, then hopefully at other medical schools.
I wish everyone here do get a spot for medical school this fall. If not at Howard, then hopefully at other medical schools.
I think it’s safe to assume interviews are over, right?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Any more pre-II R’s after March 27th?
MeredithGreyH8r
Full Member
I want to preface this by saying I don’t work at Howard so take everything I say with a grain of salt. As someone who interviewed a few months ago and is on the WL. I’ll share some things I did learn from the interview and talking to people at howard. Last year the school basically exhausted the WL in order to fill the class. Howard is a school with a lot of movement from may to June. It was mentioned all the way up until the end of may. It was also said that Howard expanded the interviews to about 400 or so this year(where they are in that now idk). Now I’m assuming everyone is now interviewing for WL spots but I just made this post to say there is indeed stuff happening at the school despite the silence on their end and on this thread. I like the rest of you will assume once May 1st the flood gates will open especially since WL students only have 48 hours to accept the offer if given one. So yeah right now much isn’t probably happening but very soon things will pop off. And also please go outside and touch some grass this process is grueling and borderline inhumane. Best of luck to you all
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
Do yall think it would be beneficial to reach out and ask about the status of our application especially for those who havent heard anything since submitting a secondary?
MeredithGreyH8r
Full Member
I don’t think it’ll hurt. The admissions people are nice and I think they understand this is a stressful time and people want clarity. The worst they say is we can’t provide any information I doubt it would negatively impact youDo yall think it would be beneficial to reach out and ask about the status of our application especially for those who havent heard anything since submitting a secondary?
Who are you all contacting or calling?
I did, on April 12Any more pre-II R’s after March 27th?
canyonmoon528
Full Member
If you don't mind my asking, did you interview before 3/29?interviewed late march just got put in the waitlist
YesIf you don't mind my asking, did you interview before 3/29?
Anyone know if they are still sending IIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnApple365
Full Member
Anyone know if they are still sending IIs?
Not to be rude but this question has been asked 12 times in the past week
![]()
Not to be rude but this question has been asked 12 times in the past week
Well no one’s given a definite answer
cause no one knowsWell no one’s given a definite answer
I don't think anyone has a definitive answer.. best bet is reaching out to the school, but they are going to give the generic "As the cycle progresses, we are continuing to review applications. Please understand that we have received a large number of applications and you, as well as many other applicants, are awaiting a response. At this time, we have conducted a large number of interviews with applicants and will continue to assess whether we should hold additional interviews as the students withdraw their acceptances and waitlist positions. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck" (sprinkle razzle-dazzle for a little flair)
Well no one’s given a definite answer
MeredithGreyH8r
Full Member
Howard said they would be interviewing up until around the end of May. This was said during an interview session. Whether this has changed or wasn’t true idk.All I’m saying is people have questions and are tired of waiting. That response was certainly dismissive.
therapy&wellbutrin
Full Member
Is there a way to pin a comment on here?Howard said they would be interviewing up until around the end of May. This was said during an interview session. Whether this has changed or wasn’t true idk.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Thank you so much for letting us know!Howard said they would be interviewing up until around the end of May. This was said during an interview session. Whether this has changed or wasn’t true idk.
Egyptian_king
Full Member
Same 😫since aug no II or R, is II over
Are u sub 494 mcatSame 😫
Egyptian_king
Full Member
504 but 122 cars 😫Are u sub 494 mcat
cgpa and sgpa504 but 122 cars 😫
Let’s be honest stats ain’t the reason they haven’t sent some IIs
Let’s be honest stats ain’t the reason they haven’t sent some IIs
3.0 cgpa and sgpa is the minimum to get II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnApple365
Full Member
I think what he’s trying to say is not everyone who meets the requirements will get an II
Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirementI think what he’s trying to say is not everyone who meets the requirements will get an II
AnApple365
Full Member
Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirement
Clinical? Mission statement? I don’t have an II either
No II 🙁 3.7ish 509 lol
Same. (510 mcat).
Egyptian_king
Full Member
Sgpa 3.56 with up trend (2.9, 3.2 my first 2 semesters)cgpa and sgpa
Non science 3.89
Egyptian_king
Full Member
Since I’m Egyptian, I’m considered white so I know my chances are very slim here. I just applied bc my personal statement and activities are all related to helping the underserved. I did apply late august and finished secondaries in October 15th… which I know is late. But let’s see
Did u apply to einsteinSgpa 3.56 with up trend (2.9, 3.2 my first 2 semesters)
Non science 3.89
Wait I'm a little confused on what you mean by this. How could they get taken to court over this?Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirement
During one of their first friday presentations, they stated for the 2022 cycle, they received 9,132 primaries and out of those, 5,137 submitted secondaries met those minimum required stats. I don't think its possible for any school to be expected to guarantee an interview for over 5000 people
Wait I'm a little confused on what you mean by this. How could they get taken to court over this?
During one of their first friday presentations, they stated for the 2022 cycle, they received 9,132 primaries and out of those, 5,137 submitted secondaries met those minimum required stats. I don't think its possible for any school to be expected to guarantee an interview for over 5000 people
You are right, school owe us nothing even if we met the minimal requirements and certainly they do not need to interview anyone who meets the minimal stats
D
deleted833891
By this logic , every medical school will get taken to court lol.Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirement
122 cars gang504 but 122 cars 😫
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Egyptian_king
Full Member
Yeah got interviewed there early April. Waiting to hear back 😫Did u apply to einstein
When date were u completeYeah got interviewed there early April. Waiting to hear back 😫
What is ur cgpaYeah got interviewed there early April. Waiting to hear back 😫
AnApple365
Full Member
What is ur cgpa
Don’t take this the wrong way but…y’all can DM