2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we expect any WL movement after April 17th or just keep our eyes on May 2nd?
I would expect it to start after April 17th and definitely after May 2nd.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has everyone who interviewed in February and March heard back?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Howard still interviewing, or are all interviews wrapped up?

I called and they said they’re still sending out II till interview is over
On March 27 they were still sending II ^ but not sure what their process is. If they still are, they are definitely sending them on a person by person basis..

I think it’s safe to assume interviews are over, right?

Yes I will say so. Even if there are still interviews left, for those of us still waiting, our chances of receiving the invite at this point is minuscule. At this point, any hope is like grasping at last straws. So it’s best to assume it’s over and just wait for the rejection emails. If you do become that less than 0.01% that may still get invite, that’s great. Otherwise it’s best to move on for mental health sake. Anyway, that’s my opinion.
I wish everyone here do get a spot for medical school this fall. If not at Howard, then hopefully at other medical schools.
I think it’s safe to assume interviews are over, right?

Reactions: 7 users
I want to preface this by saying I don’t work at Howard so take everything I say with a grain of salt. As someone who interviewed a few months ago and is on the WL. I’ll share some things I did learn from the interview and talking to people at howard. Last year the school basically exhausted the WL in order to fill the class. Howard is a school with a lot of movement from may to June. It was mentioned all the way up until the end of may. It was also said that Howard expanded the interviews to about 400 or so this year(where they are in that now idk). Now I’m assuming everyone is now interviewing for WL spots but I just made this post to say there is indeed stuff happening at the school despite the silence on their end and on this thread. I like the rest of you will assume once May 1st the flood gates will open especially since WL students only have 48 hours to accept the offer if given one. So yeah right now much isn’t probably happening but very soon things will pop off. And also please go outside and touch some grass this process is grueling and borderline inhumane. Best of luck to you all

https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do yall think it would be beneficial to reach out and ask about the status of our application especially for those who havent heard anything since submitting a secondary?

Do yall think it would be beneficial to reach out and ask about the status of our application especially for those who havent heard anything since submitting a secondary?
I don’t think it’ll hurt. The admissions people are nice and I think they understand this is a stressful time and people want clarity. The worst they say is we can’t provide any information I doubt it would negatively impact you

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed late march just got put in the waitlist

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
just got placed on alternate list, interviewed 3/1

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if they are still sending IIs?

giphy.gif

Not to be rude but this question has been asked 12 times in the past week

• Haha
I don't think anyone has a definitive answer.. best bet is reaching out to the school, but they are going to give the generic "As the cycle progresses, we are continuing to review applications. Please understand that we have received a large number of applications and you, as well as many other applicants, are awaiting a response. At this time, we have conducted a large number of interviews with applicants and will continue to assess whether we should hold additional interviews as the students withdraw their acceptances and waitlist positions. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck" (sprinkle razzle-dazzle for a little flair)
hocus pocus magic GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Well no one’s given a definite answer

Reactions: 6 users
All I’m saying is people have questions and are tired of waiting. That response was certainly dismissive.

All I’m saying is people have questions and are tired of waiting. That response was certainly dismissive.
Howard said they would be interviewing up until around the end of May. This was said during an interview session. Whether this has changed or wasn’t true idk.

Let’s be honest stats ain’t the reason they haven’t sent some IIs

Reactions: 11 users

I think what he’s trying to say is not everyone who meets the requirements will get an II

I think what he’s trying to say is not everyone who meets the requirements will get an II
Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirement

• Dislike
Since I’m Egyptian, I’m considered white so I know my chances are very slim here. I just applied bc my personal statement and activities are all related to helping the underserved. I did apply late august and finished secondaries in October 15th… which I know is late. But let’s see

Why will not everyone who met the requirement get interview. The school can be taken to court if they deviate from that requirement
Wait I'm a little confused on what you mean by this. How could they get taken to court over this?

During one of their first friday presentations, they stated for the 2022 cycle, they received 9,132 primaries and out of those, 5,137 submitted secondaries met those minimum required stats. I don't think its possible for any school to be expected to guarantee an interview for over 5000 people

Reactions: 10 users
Wait I'm a little confused on what you mean by this. How could they get taken to court over this?

During one of their first friday presentations, they stated for the 2022 cycle, they received 9,132 primaries and out of those, 5,137 submitted secondaries met those minimum required stats. I don't think its possible for any school to be expected to guarantee an interview for over 5000 people

You are right, school owe us nothing even if we met the minimal requirements and certainly they do not need to interview anyone who meets the minimal stats

I think when you have stats that meet requirements, applying early is key