2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to you as well :) would you mind sharing your stats and complete date too?
I was complete around 7/15 and LM = 74

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Those who applied ED, how did you decide to apply ED instead of RD? I'm seriously considering doing it next cycle due to proximity to support system & the fact that it's my top choice & just wanted to ask about MCG specifically.

Is it probably too late in the cycle to apply here? I just got released from ED at another institution and was wondering if it’s worth it or not as a first time applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does MCG send complete emails? or is it just your secondary is submitted.

Does MCG send complete emails? or is it just your secondary is submitted.
I never got a complete email, but I’ve gotten an II. They did email me telling me I needed to upload my tax info, and then again to say I needed to upload my parents’ tax info. Literally the night before I got my II, I complained about how I would never get in because I thought my application was still incomplete (my parents STILL haven’t filed their taxes so I can turn in the form).

I never got a complete email, but I’ve gotten an II. They did email me telling me I needed to upload my tax info, and then again to say I needed to upload my parents’ tax info. Literally the night before I got my II, I complained about how I would never get in because I thought my application was still incomplete (my parents STILL haven’t filed their taxes so I can turn in the form).
Did you ever contact MCG after they sent you this email? And how long after you got the email did you receive your II? I got this email about a month ago and uploaded an alternative document, but still haven't gotten an II. Interviewed with them last year, so just a little concerned that I haven't heard back lol

Did you ever contact MCG after they sent you this email? And how long after you got the email did you receive your II? I got this email about a month ago and uploaded an alternative document, but still haven't gotten an II. Interviewed with them last year, so just a little concerned that I haven't heard back lol
I submitted my app on 8/26 which was 15 days after I got my secondary invite (my primary got approved on 8/11). I emailed them immediately to ask if my app would still be considered since I was a day past the 14 day “deadline”, and they responded on 8/31 and said “The Office of Admissions is aware of unforeseen circumstances placed on applicants attempting to complete and return the secondary application within 2 weeks. I can confirm that your secondary application was received on Friday, August 26, 2022.” Also on 8/31, I received an email saying they needed me to upload my tax documents, and on 9/12 I submitted them and responded to their email to tell them. Then on 9/15, they asked me to upload my parents tax documents (even though I’m not filed as a dependent). I still haven’t submitted them because my parents haven’t finished them yet, but on 9/20 I received my II.

I submitted my app on 8/26 which was 15 days after I got my secondary invite (my primary got approved on 8/11). I emailed them immediately to ask if my app would still be considered since I was a day past the 14 day “deadline”, and they responded on 8/31 and said “The Office of Admissions is aware of unforeseen circumstances placed on applicants attempting to complete and return the secondary application within 2 weeks. I can confirm that your secondary application was received on Friday, August 26, 2022.” Also on 8/31, I received an email saying they needed me to upload my tax documents, and on 9/12 I submitted them and responded to their email to tell them. Then on 9/15, they asked me to upload my parents tax documents (even though I’m not filed as a dependent). I still haven’t submitted them because my parents haven’t finished them yet, but on 9/20 I received my II.
Thanks for the reply! When you replied to their email, did you reply through the portal on the communication tab or directly to the email the normal way? I only ask because they never responded to my email lmao

Thanks for the reply! When you replied to their email, did you reply through the portal on the communication tab or directly to the email the normal way? I only ask because they never responded to my email lmao
I applied directly to the email!

But it could be that they only replied to me because I was still missing documents that they needed. Maybe no reply means that have everything they need.

Were we supposed to submit the parents tax returns. Because when I got my II I only submitted my ID and Birth Certificate. I’m applying as Instate. Any help will very much appreciate it.

Were we supposed to submit the parents tax returns. Because when I got my II I only submitted my ID and Birth Certificate. I’m applying as Instate. Any help will very much appreciate it.
In order to be verified as an in-state student you have to submit tax forms.

If you’re filed as a dependent for your parents’ taxes OR you’re 24 or younger:
-Submit a copy of the front and back of both of your parents’ ID, a copy of your parent’s 2021 federal tax return form, and a copy of your parents’ 2021 Georgia tax return form.

If you’re 25+ and you are not filed as a dependent:
-submit a copy of your own ID and federal & state tax forms.

I am 22 but I’ve filed my own taxes for the past 2 years and I am not listed as a dependent, so they requested my parents forms in addition to my own.

In order to be verified as an in-state student you have to submit tax forms.

If you’re filed as a dependent for your parents’ taxes OR you’re 24 or younger:
-Submit a copy of the front and back of both of your parents’ ID, a copy of your parent’s 2021 federal tax return form, and a copy of your parents’ 2021 Georgia tax return form.

If you’re 25+ and you are not filed as a dependent:
-submit a copy of your own ID and federal & state tax forms.

I am 22 but I’ve filed my own taxes for the past 2 years and I am not listed as a dependent, so they requested my parents forms in addition to my own.
Even though they didn’t ask can I still submit it after the date of II is due.

Even though they didn’t ask can I still submit it after the date of II is due.
Yes because they’ll need them if you get accepted anyways and they might require them before they’ll accept you.

II for me as well! So excited. Complete 7/22, LM ~72

Based on the II dates I see here, it looks like IIs come out every Tuesday.

So I submitted my secondary yesterday, and today I received an email saying my secondary was already reviewed, but they required a 5-year residence form. Is it strange that my secondary was reviewed so quickly, or has this happened to anyone else?

So I submitted my secondary yesterday, and today I received an email saying my secondary was already reviewed, but they required a 5-year residence form. Is it strange that my secondary was reviewed so quickly, or has this happened to anyone else?
They have probably worked through a majority, if not all, of the initial backlog of submitted secondaries by now. So it would make sense that your secondary was reviewed quickly.

Any one who submitted secondary in Aug still waiting for II

Reactions: 1 users
II today submitted secondary in mid July

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard/know when RD acceptances will start being sent?

II today, IS, LM 69 and completed in July but forgot to upload one of the minor resident documents so complete maybe in October? idk lol

IS II Oct 14 2022 complete Aug 28. 519 MCAT, 3.9 ogpa, 3.96 sgpa, grad student with pubs

Has anyone who applied regular decision get an interview, I'm like so nervous about this cycle

Last edited: