2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the potential decision outcomes are after interviewing RD? Is it just accept or reject? Or could they keep you on a waitlist? I interviewed 10/18 should I expect to hear something third friday of Nov?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the potential decision outcomes are after interviewing RD? Is it just accept or reject? Or could they keep you on a waitlist? I interviewed 10/18 should I expect to hear something third friday of Nov?
What I have heard (take with a grain of salt), is that after an interview you are not very likely to get outright rejected until Feb. They would have rejected you already or waited to send an II till later. They send acceptances every third Friday until Feb, then in Feb they send the bulk of rejections and waitlist the others. So you stay in the running until Feb which makes me assume the top X number of applicants (however they decide to rank them) get in each month. Hopefully that makes sense.
Someone correct me if you know more than I do.

Reactions: 1 user
What I have heard (take with a grain of salt), is that after an interview you are not very likely to get outright rejected until Feb. They would have rejected you already or waited to send an II till later. They send acceptances every third Friday until Feb, then in Feb they send the bulk of rejections and waitlist the others. So you stay in the running until Feb which makes me assume the top X number of applicants (however they decide to rank them) get in each month. Hopefully that makes sense.
Someone correct me if you know more than I do.
You’re right! I interviewed Dec 2020, and only heard back in February after those acceptances for the month had gone out that I was waitlisted. The next correspondence I got was in July that the class was full/final rejection.

From that cycle and others, I know that MCG can take a while to get back to you so not hearing back the next decision day is definitely not a rejection.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How soon do campus preferences have to be submitted after your interview? I am genuinely weighing my options between the two and would like more time to consider (I know you can change it but still)

Do you guys know when the next batch of acceptances and interviews are out

Do you guys know when the next batch of acceptances and interviews are out
Acceptances should be the 3rd Friday of November (and subsequent 3rd Friday of each month till February).

Has anyone received an email for additional info after 9/29 and gotten an ii?

II today! Complete 9/5. Additional info 9/29. IS, URM
Dates available within next 2 weeks

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today as well! Complete 8/24. IS, URM
Stats- 504/ 3.7 (in 2 degrees)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does everyone who interviewed get an email asking for campus preference?
yes, it’s standard to be sent the day after your interview to everyone! doesn’t indicate change in status or how your application is reviewed.

II offered! IS, ORM, LM 70, WARS 71, submitted my secondary on 8/1

Last edited:
in case anyone else was unable to locate the “campus” tab to select aug/ath after their interview, admissions told me today that they have 1 person working on it and have had technical difficulties. if you send an email (via portal or regularly), they’ll be working through those and documenting it! just wanted to pass it along:)

submitted secondary 10/10 and haven’t heard anything apart from residence clarification

so i guess the historic 9:00 release is no longer the norm? unless some people heard this morning?

Last month people heard at 1 pm. So maybe that's the new norm

accepted via email :) interviewed early november

feels good after being waitlisted and rejected last time 😌

Reactions: 7 users
Acceptance email at 11:13 am!

Edit: IS, Interviewed 10/6, 515/3.96

Last edited:
Congrats yall! Would those accepted mind posting stats?
my LM is in my bio, but 511-515 mcat and 3.1 sgpa (my cgpa is just slightly higher). hope this post serves as some hope for my lower stat peeps out here!!

of note, 4.0 postbac gpa that was the main thing that changed from last cycle (2020) to this. MCG told me that my gpa was holding me back, and let me tell y’all I heard them lol. dm if any questions!

is there any hope left for early october interviewees who didnt get in today?

is there any hope left for early october interviewees who didnt get in today?
Take this with a grain of salt since I'm just a random applicant, but I would definitely say so.

My understanding for MCG is that if you interviewed, you have a chance until February and it's partially a numbers game since they accept the top X number each 3rd Friday until Feb. In whichever holistic/stats way they decide to rank applications its you vs however many applicants there are trying to be in the top 264 (seats) until Feb. Those top 264 then switch around as people with acceptances commit to other schools. I'm not sure how they rank applications, but I imagine the correlation with interview date isn't super strong because of how application timing might affect the pile/order they see applications and send out interview invites.

Bottom line as I understand it: They would have rejected you already if there was no hope and you are continually in the running until final decisions in Feb. You got this!

Edit: Please correct me on anything I have wrong here if you know better. This is the info I am holding to so I also have hope while waiting.

damn interviewed 9/30 and still quiet.. guess waiting till Feb lol

Acceptance today!!! Interviewed 10/27. IS, 505/3.76 and LM 65.

Dont think so.. i hope they send A throughout the day so I have some hope

lol the only hope im clinging to now is one of my friends interviewed early october a couple of cycles ago and heard back in december. the longer this thing goes, the more im getting scared of being rejected in feb

Got my acceptance email at 10:51!
IS/516/3.9, interviewed on 10/18

Is there an admitted students groupme or anything like that?