2022-2023 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I have 3.7 undergrad GPA, 3.8 grad GPA, thousands of hours of community service and 2 first authored publications. The only red flag is perhaps my nationality.
Are you international or? What do you mean? Also what did you go for in graduate school just curious

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I'm a non-citizen. Sorry, I don't feel comfortable sharing my research topic in public - makes me easily identifiable. Please send me a dm if you are curious.

I’m international too. Complete around the same time you were. Got II. Don’t lose faith. I’m pretty sure they take international students

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R today - sad about it. Do they give pre II R feedback

I finished my application on 9/9 and I haven't heard back at all (not even a confirmation). Anyone else in this boat? I'm a little perplexed by this

I finished my application on 9/9 and I haven't heard back at all (not even a confirmation). Anyone else in this boat? I'm a little perplexed by this
I received an email with subject "CCOM at Midwestern University Application Status Complete" almost immediately after submitting my secondary, on the same day. You might want to check in and see what's up.

I received an email with subject "CCOM at Midwestern University Application Status Complete" almost immediately after submitting my secondary, on the same day. You might want to check in and see what's up.
Oh yea I did get that one - just nothing after. Is this still abnormal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got that A, interviewed 10/10

Please let me know if there is a chat for accepted students.

Congrats everyone, this is a humbling process. Others that are still waiting, keep your head up! There is still a long time in the cycle. Stay motivated! Stay hard!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How did you feel after your interview if you don't mind sharing? I interviewed today and am praying I somehow didn't drop the bag.

current student, lmk if y’all have any questions! good luck with interviews and the rest of this cycle - still lots of time left!!!

Anyone know if CCOM has PBL or team based learning?
not in a super structured way - for biochem, we have "workshops" where we are in groups/teams and work through cases together for ~2 hours every couple of weeks or so. similar situation for physiology. but for the most part, it's very lecture-driven

If I pay the $200 and sign the matriculation agreement is that like a "commit to enroll" which is binding or a "plan to enroll" which just lets you hold on to your acceptance spot?

If I pay the $200 and sign the matriculation agreement is that like a "commit to enroll" which is binding or a "plan to enroll" which just lets you hold on to your acceptance spot?
not binding! if you decide not to attend, I believe you can get either your full or half the deposit back depending on when you withdraw.

Anyone under 507/508 interviewed yet? Seems like nobody has gotten one

507 here. Complete end of august and radio silence since
506 / 4.0 here... I signed up for a tour of the college next week, hoping to speak to someone about it as well to get more insight. Been sending in updates / interest letter as well. No R yet so let's have faith :D

No! What are you talking about! MCAT SHMEMCAT! They review holistically of course! It is a PURE coincidence!

• Love
I was accepted back in October with a 506 so hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone under 507/508 interviewed yet? Seems like nobody has gotten one
Hi! I had a 506 and was interviewed/accepted in October. GPA was about 3.35 undergrad and 3.58 grad. But I am IS and have an engineering background.

Hi! I had a 506 and was interviewed/accepted in October. GPA was about 3.35 undergrad and 3.58 grad. But I am IS and have an engineering background.
Congratulations! I am also IS as well.. Interesting background!! Hopefully all of us radio silence people hear something soon. Can only hope for the best and not be depressed all the time (depressed as I'm writing this LOL)

Does anyone know how core rotation sites are assigned at CCOM? I know most, if not all, are in the Chicago area, just not sure if it's a lottery, application, mini match, etc...thank you in advance!

Does anyone know how core rotation sites are assigned at CCOM? I know most, if not all, are in the Chicago area, just not sure if it's a lottery, application, mini match, etc...thank you in advance!
It's lottery with rankings. You pick your sites first, then your preceptors after sites are picked. Historically, 100% of 3rd years get one of their top 4 tracks (12 tracks total with half being very similar to another track just with some rotations flip/flopped).. Meaning 2 tracks are close to identical but like flipping peds/ob in blocks 5/6, for example. So if you rank your top tracks together you've got a very good shot at getting what you want.

4th years have gotten top 3 tracks (100%) for the past 7 years. 4th years have priority and schedule before 3rd years so that they can setup auditions/sub-i's.

It's lottery with rankings. You pick your sites first, then your preceptors after sites are picked. Historically, 100% of 3rd years get one of their top 4 tracks (12 tracks total with half being very similar to another track just with some rotations flip/flopped).. Meaning 2 tracks are close to identical but like flipping peds/ob in blocks 5/6, for example. So if you rank your top tracks together you've got a very good shot at getting what you want.

4th years have gotten top 3 tracks (100%) for the past 7 years. 4th years have priority and schedule before 3rd years so that they can setup auditions/sub-i's.
This is super helpful. Thank you!

Does anyone have any information on housing/great apartment complexes in the area? Are there any group chats for accepted students?

First A!! Got the call about an hour ago :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted! Interviewed on December 1st. Is there an accepted students chat?

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on the alternate list yesterday :( this is the only school I got love from

• Care