2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the in person tour email and I swear I almost fainted thinking it was a decision
lol same here, idk if the tour is super optional. I am from CA, so the flight tickets aren't cheap...

Members don't see this ad.

I’m under the impression that campus tours have no impact on an applicant’s interview decision so unless we’re accepted or it’s a top choice, I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Unless someone lived close to the campus potentially. Coming from California would be an investment for something with minimal gain, in my opinion.

I’m under the impression that campus tours have no impact on an applicant’s interview decision so unless we’re accepted or it’s a top choice, I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Unless someone lived close to the campus potentially. Coming from California would be an investment for something with minimal gain, in my opinion.
agree, maybe I would if I got accepted or sth...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just experienced the same feelings haha. If you, or anyone else, went to sign up, did you only have Fall 2022 tour dates? I didn’t have any option in 2023. I sent them an email about it
They let me know this morning that the tour dates have been updated to reflect upcoming Spring 2023 spots to reserve. For anyone else that had issues

Does anyone know how many they interview each cycle and accept? I believe I read their class has around 115 students.

In ya'lls opinions, do ya'll think that interview decisions at this point in the cycle will be made within 3-ish weeks of the interview ? Asking because I have a deposit at a master's program due 4/12 so I'm trying to mark dates on my calendar where I should be keeping an eye out for status changes.
NYITCOM is one of the schools that don't have a set timeline for the post-interview decision. I remembered one student asked about it in the welcome info session, and they said there is no certain timeline. Checking last year posts, I can also see that it took only 2 weeks for some to get a decision and months for some... well hopefully you get your decision soon...

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
did anyone who interviewed on 3/3 hear back the decision yet? super duper nervous here...

Reactions: 1 users
Generally, Tours will have no impact on your application, once you interview your file is sent to the admissions committee on the New York campus. Tours are also pretty chill and are usually with student ambassadors. You do get to interact with the admissions staff during the tours so if NYITCOM is your first choice then you can use the tour to express that

Whoo hoo! They got 100% match rate for this year guys 🎉

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just received an II for this school. considering its late march, does anyone know if I'm basically interviewing for a waitlist position?

Reactions: 2 users
also received an II! but also wondering what my odds are considering it's late March...

just received an II for this school. considering its late march, does anyone know if I'm basically interviewing for a waitlist position?

also received an II! but also wondering what my odds are considering it's late March...

Congrats! I was under the impression they were done interviewing, so it could be a good thing if they decided to open more dates for applicants — unless they’ve always been available. That’s just my positive perspective, though.

Hope it goes well for you both!

I really wonder what the odds are to get in if you get an interview that late like in Feb or March. I got mine on Valentine's Day lol

I really wonder what the odds are to get in if you get an interview that late like in Feb or March. I got mine on Valentine's Day lol
I’m curious as well. I would love to go to this school. I hope some acceptances are still being given.

Hi all, I am a first year at NYITCOM-AR, if you have any burning questions about the school feel free to ask, I cant speak to admissions decisions tho, last year they came out pretty regularly after about two weeks. Waitlists have a ton of movement even in June/July so don't despair if you are waitlisted. My advice would be to let admissions know that NYITCOM is your first choice and it may get you a higher position on the list.

That is how many they accept, they interview about three times that. I am a first year here, our class size is 119
Do you think they end up accepting more than that number of 119 if people choose other schools? I know some schools have said they accept close to double their class size with all of the movement. I’m not sure if that’s the case with this school.

Do you think they end up accepting more than that number of 119 if people choose other schools? I know some schools have said they accept close to double their class size with all of the movement. I’m not sure if that’s the case with this school.
They only accept 115-120 and will only move students off of the waitlist when someone gives up their spot. The waitlist will start to have a lot of movement in late April to early may

Accepted!!! So excited! OOS Interview 2/27

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted and very grateful. 3/1 interview, out of state but from the south. First acceptance.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations, guys!! that's very exciting!! 3/3 interview and no word yet...

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just wondering, does anybody have info on 3rd and 4th year clinical rotation sites for this school?

Just wondering, does anybody have info on 3rd and 4th year clinical rotation sites for this school?
Third and fourth year rotations are at a variety of sites in the vicinity of Jonesboro, the main sites are Jonesboro, Memphis and Little Rock but there are also sites in northwest Arkansas, Southern Missouri and northern Louisiana. There is also the Memphis Baptist fellowship which you can apply to and if accepted you have guaranteed rotations in Memphis. The sites change every year and are chosen through a lottery system in the Spring of your second year

I read on the admitted students information that tuition is due by April 15th. Does this mean we have to pay all of our tuition by then? What if we are still deciding between other schools? I know the deposit is due within two weeks of being accepted but I’m not sure how the tuition part works.

Does anyone who is accepted or a current student have information on this?

I read on the admitted students information that tuition is due by April 15th. Does this mean we have to pay all of our tuition by then? What if we are still deciding between other schools? I know the deposit is due within two weeks of being accepted but I’m not sure how the tuition part works.

Does anyone who is accepted or a current student have information on this?
All you need to do is accept your loans or set up a payment plan by that date and you can still withdraw from the school after doing either

I believe NYITCOM doesn't have an applicant portal where you can check your status right? I know some schools have that.

I believe NYITCOM doesn't have an applicant portal where you can check your status right? I know some schools have that.
They do not, unfortunately. The website says to call them for updates, though

I'm a first year student. I got my II on 3/18, interviewed 4/7, accepted 4/20, never waitlisted. My interviewer was aware, though, that I had already gotten accepted and put a deposit down at another school (she asked), so I don't know if that made a difference either way.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users
What if this is our only option?

What if this is our only option?
NYITCOM-AR was my only acceptance too, and I just went for it. The admin at NYITCOM-AR know that a lot of their prospective students only get one acceptance (their school) because of stats. They know that, so its easy for them to feed on "weaker" students. My advice would be to really tell your wait-listed schools that they are your top choice and really try your hardest to get off that waitlist.

I messaged you dan with my personal school recommendation :)

Med school is hard no matter where you go. Countless hours of studying and preparation for exams. There is no need for admin to make your life X10 harder than what it needs to be. Admin at NYITCOM-AR do not listen to students about things needing to become better. They shut you down.

I don't want to stop you from achieving your dream to be a doctor! I genuinely want you to become the doctor you dream of being, but I also want to warn prospective students about TOXIC medical schools and cash grab medical schools. There wasn't enough information out there for me when I was applying. I bought into the school's marketing tactics about "one program-two campuses" and it was a bad decision. The NYITCOM-NY campus is much better. All the funding goes to them.

On the edge about this being a ChatGPT written response or not haha. Was also posted in 2021-22 thread at the same time as this one.

If this is real, though, and not some odd promotion, where we get a PM with a random link or something, definitely appreciate the perspective and wish you the best on your medical journey.

On the edge about this being a ChatGPT written response or not haha. Was also posted in 2021-22 thread at the same time as this one.

If this is real, though, and not some odd promotion, where we get a PM with a random link or something, definitely appreciate the perspective and wish you the best on your medical journey.
This is def not a ChatGPT post! I posted it in the 2021-22 thread just to get the word out there more. This is definitely not a promotion of any school. I just want to share my perspective and experience with NYITCOM-AR. I felt it important to share because I want to warn others about toxic med schools. I wish I had more real student experiences when I was applying. It would have been more helpful.

This is def not a ChatGPT post! I posted it in the 2021-22 thread just to get the word out there more. This is definitely not a promotion of any school. I just want to share my perspective and experience with NYITCOM-AR. I felt it important to share because I want to warn others about toxic med schools. I wish I had more real student experiences when I was applying. It would have been more helpful.
Great to hear then. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Important information to keep in mind. Best of luck with your rotations!

Thank you for that honest review, I honestly wouldn't have known if it weren't for this. I wish someone from the other schools I got accepted/waitlisted at would give such a brutally honest review... now I'm a bit paranoid about those schools and what skeletons they might be hiding in their closets