2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got 20K and then asked for a raise. Got 10K extra the next day.
Did you fill out any application for the scholarship or email them about it? Or did they just offer you the 20k scholarship on their own

Did you fill out any application for the scholarship or email them about it? Or did they just offer you the 20k scholarship on their own
20K initial and then I filled out the form. I then sent additional documents from other schools showing that I got scholarships. They then sent a form for 30K canceling out the previous form for 20K. So I had to refill the form for 30K

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
EA3F56A8-005F-4FB8-8898-92AE831364B8.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users
Well, for starters, I have only gotten love from OOS schools! But I just don't feel that Texas is really where I belong. I don't see myself settling down in Texas and would prefer to be elsewhere in the country for the next 4+ years. I went to ugrad in Austin and loved that but am ready to start fresh somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all I have my interview tomorrow. Any tips on how y'all prepared? I'm just doing MMI review questions but open to any suggestions

Don't be upset if the interviewer is dismissive or show little to no emotion, or even disagree with what you say. I had three interviewers disagree with what I said and I still got the A. Just don't say anything dumb or evil. Like don't say that you don't think people deserve healthcare. That's a red flag. Just be yourself and be kind. NYMC seems like they value human rights and advocating for healthcare for anybody. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey y'all I have my interview tomorrow. Any tips on how y'all prepared? I'm just doing MMI review questions but open to any suggestions
It was the easiest MMI I've had this cycle. None of the questions are trying to trick you and it was pretty obvious what type of answer they wanted. Just make sure to remember to give your opinion for both sides of the argument so you can sound empathetic and not be too judgy about anything. As @MCAThiccy said, some of them might play devil's advocate but don't let it make you think your initial answer was wrong. Be able to stick to your opinions and be empathetic about the opposite choice. Some of the interviews did seem kinda bored so try to come in with energy and thank them for their time if you finish your answer early enough to have time before the station ends.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Was put on hold in october, received II yesterday.

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users
put on hold on 11/2, got the II today! I am OOS and the last interview date I saw offered was 3/23

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, is there an approximate time interview decisions come out? Just wondering how frequently I should be refreshing my inbox lol

They say on their website 4-6 weeks. It has been 5 weeks for me today. I know they have a delayed opening today of 12 pm as I am a masters student at nymc who interviewed for med school

Reactions: 1 user
They say on their website 4-6 weeks. It has been 5 weeks for me today. I know they have a delayed opening today of 12 pm as I am a masters student at nymc who interviewed for med school
Interviewed yesterday and they said 6-8 weeksā€”I assume that timeline just keeps getting backed up further and further lol

Hey guys, is there an approximate time interview decisions come out? Just wondering how frequently I should be refreshing my inbox lol
In the same boat as you. Refreshing it far more often than I should lol. Anxiety is through the roof

Hey, I think I speak for all of us - thank you for being so upfront and open about the scholarship you've received. The financial piece of this whole crazy process is so opaque and stress inducing.

Can you please clarify if this is need or merit based? I emailed them asking about financial aid timelines. They straight up said there are no merit based scholarships (only need) and that the need-based process will only begin in a few weeks...

This was a need based scholarship. I lucked out with the additional 10 K after asking for any increase. And no problem: I like being transparent for y'all.

Does anyone know about WL movement in nymc? (or where I can find out how much they accept off WL)

Does anyone know about WL movement in nymc? (or where I can find out how much they accept off WL)
The AAMC posts the official waitlist procedures for each program. NYMC accepts 50 out of 250 off the WL based on this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228_132302_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230228_132302_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 158
  • MSAR_Waitlist_Procedures 07.05.22 (2).pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 223
Has anyone been on a campus visit? I am going next week and none of the emails have mentioned a dress code. Can anyone who has been to a visit this year give me an idea of what the dress vibe was like?

Just a tip for those who just received II, try calling the office to see if they have any open spots for earlier interview dates not listed online. Since it's late in the cycle some people drop out. I called and was able to move my interview up over a week!

Does anyone know if they're ok with phone calls? I vaguely remember someone posting here, saying that when they called and asked about WL movements they were very helpful but im not sure

Has anyone been on a campus visit? I am going next week and none of the emails have mentioned a dress code. Can anyone who has been to a visit this year give me an idea of what the dress vibe was like?
I attended the campus visit earlier this month. Most people dressed business casual. Emphasis on the casual part.

Hit with a hold today after silence since July šŸ„²

• Care
I JUST GOT AN A!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got hit with the WL. Does anyone know whether NYMC has much WL movement? (interviewed late January)

I'm freaking out right now. I've my interview scheduled Thursday (so few interviews this cycle). Any last minute advice, tips? I know we all signed NDA, so I want to honor and respect that and really anything would be so helpful. I just don't want to get burnt and my feelings hurt again at a MMI lol.

A as well!!!! Pretty surprised as I didnā€™t think interview went as well as I wanted it to but letā€™s goooooo!!! Iā€™m so excited. Interviewed early February

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hit with a WL. Interviewed in late Jan. Any hope or just a soft R?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they take writing and composition courses to satisfy the English prerequisite? I am taking another English course right now, but if I could drop it, that would be nice.

A as well!!!! Pretty surprised as I didnā€™t think interview went as well as I wanted it to but letā€™s goooooo!!! Iā€™m so excited. Interviewed early February
Congrats! When did you interview? Just tryna see what the turnaround time might be