2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on hold early January, got an II this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Just a 2023-2024 URM applicant wondering if my 3.5 science gpa & 3.45 complete gpa is enough for this in-state school.
(No MCAT yet) but my practice scores say I'll get around 505.

Has anyone with similar stats gotten interviews/A's?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a 2023-2024 URM applicant wondering if my 3.5 science gpa & 3.45 complete gpa is enough for this in-state school.
(No MCAT yet) but my practice scores say I'll get around 505.

Has anyone with similar stats gotten interviews/A's?
I have an interview this week w/ a 3.3 GPA but 515 MCAT and I was getting 518-517 on every practice test. Also URM but OOS

Reactions: 1 user
How long did you study to start getting over 510 on the mcat?
I studied for a month and my first practice exam was a 517, however, I studied a lot in undergrad my school was def tougher and harder to get an A than a lot of my friends' state schools which also why I had such a low GPA, if you plan on applying this upcoming cycle you should start studying ASAP and take the exam end of April.

Hey, I think I speak for all of us - thank you for being so upfront and open about the scholarship you've received. The financial piece of this whole crazy process is so opaque and stress inducing.

Can you please clarify if this is need or merit based? I emailed them asking about financial aid timelines. They straight up said there are no merit based scholarships (only need) and that the need-based process will only begin in a few weeks...
That’s strange, my scholarship was merit based since they did not have my Fafsa yet

Is getting a hold a silent R for this school? I have a hold but submitted late

Is getting a hold a silent R for this school? I have a hold but submitted late
I was placed on hold early in January but I got an interview offer on Wednesday! I’m not sure how many dates are left but it might still be possible

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on hold early in January but I got an interview offer on Wednesday! I’m not sure how many dates are left but it might still be possible

Congrats!!!
When you choose an interview date does it give you options?

Just withdrew my acceptance here. You all have been great. I love you all be hope that y'all become the cutest doctors ever! :)
St. Thiccy giving the rest of us a chance, bless you

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Put on hold today lol, already committed somewhere else so idc

Pre II hold today. Email says interviews will run until late March but I’m going to try to be optimistic!

• Care
Are they still interviewing?

Reactions: 2 users
I hope so, I am waiting for my interview. I was placed on hold end of February.

Heard last interview day here is March 23rd. Hope this is helpful.

What is the avg post-ii wait time for decisions? On my interview they said 6 weeks but have others seen sooner? Since spring break is soon (I assume) that might delay it

Saw a few people here asking about WL movement. NYMC pulls from the WL for next year's class too. That's what happened to me; I applied last cycle, got the WL, they said that year's class was full, but ultimately gave me an A for this year's class.

Starting a little late (4 gap years) but it was an A at the end of the day, and it's given me a bunch of time to relax, go out more, save some money, and really think about and do research on what specialty(ies) I want to pursue. Really wanna hit the ground running when classes start.

I really hope you guys get in for this year's class, but if you have no other A's and you get this, I think there's some good sides to it.

Reactions: 2 users
Saw a few people here asking about WL movement. NYMC pulls from the WL for next year's class too. That's what happened to me; I applied last cycle, got the WL, they said that year's class was full, but ultimately gave me an A for this year's class.

Starting a little late (4 gap years) but it was an A at the end of the day, and it's given me a bunch of time to relax, go out more, save some money, and really think about and do research on what specialty(ies) I want to pursue. Really wanna hit the ground running when classes start.

I really hope you guys get in for this year's class, but if you have no other A's and you get this, I think there's some good sides to it.
Please clarify! Are you saying they gave you a spot for next years class , meaning 2024-2025 ?
Congrats!

Oh nvm, just reread

Is NYMC still doing interviews? I submitted my secondary 7/22 and I still haven't heard back. OOS, ORM, LM 70, WARS 71.

Got the A! Was very confused why an email was thanking the Class of 2027 for a second..

Interviewed 5 weeks ago.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also just got the A!!! Interviewed mid-Feb and I’m so excited!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
congrats to everyone who got an A!!! has anyone who interviewed 02/09 heard back yet?

nope havent heard yet. but getting anxious since the 2/6 interviews just heard back.

for all the A's, did it show up right away on amcas on the cyms? and around what time did u get the email?

omg thank you for replying!!! i am SO so anxious to hear back lol

nope havent heard yet. but getting anxious since the 2/6 interviews just heard back.

for all the A's, did it show up right away on amcas on the cyms? and around what time did u get the email?
Interviewed 2/7. E-mail beat CYMS by like 30 minutes

Reactions: 1 users
II just now!! was placed on hold last week on 3/7

Just got my first A last night!! Interviewed 2/14!

Reactions: 4 users

Could you provide more detail of your situation? Like did they make you do their 1 yr special masters program and then gave you the acceptance?

Could you provide more detail of your situation? Like did they make you do their 1 yr special masters program and then gave you the acceptance?
Sure. No masters or anything like that. They just said that they couldn't accept me for last year's entering class, but they still thought I'd make a great physician and wanted to accept me for this year's entering class through their Early Assurance program. Got the email mid-July last year.

I just had to make a 2022 AMCAS for the early assurance (didn't have to change anything about the app itself, I just imported my 2021 AMCAS,) resend transcripts to them, let them know when I got verified and received the secondary (didn't have to send the secondary in,) then they sent the official acceptance notif. If you end up getting this, they'll give you directions for all that stuff. They're really nice.