You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Are the interview times listed in EST? I’m assuming so but not sure!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the interview times listed in EST? I’m assuming so but not sure!
It didn’t say EST or CST when I signed up for a time. I think one of us should probably call tomorrow!
Is there a reason to believe it would be central time? Ohio is completely in EasternIt didn’t say EST or CST when I signed up for a time. I think one of us should probably call tomorrow!
Is there a reason to believe it would be central time? Ohio is completely in Eastern
Don’t think so. Just saw someone earlier in the thread ask about central time.
"Plan to log into Zoom about 10 minutes prior to the start of your interview. Be sure you have a great internet connection and remember that NEOMED is in the U.S. eastern time zone (EST/EDT)."It didn’t say EST or CST when I signed up for a time. I think one of us should probably call tomorrow!
Received this in the interview confirmation email for my interview next week. Hope this helps!
it certainly does help! Thanks so much. Good luck next week!!"Plan to log into Zoom about 10 minutes prior to the start of your interview. Be sure you have a great internet connection and remember that NEOMED is in the U.S. eastern time zone (EST/EDT)."
Received this in the interview confirmation email for my interview next week. Hope this helps!
reidgordon1999
New Member
Primary submitted 8/9, secondary received 8/11/22, submitted 8/15/22, II 9/2/22 !!
Everyone with II’s, when I scheduled mine on 9/1, I could only choose late October dates. Is that the same for you guys?
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Me! You as well?Anyone interviewing tomorrow?
I wonder if it is only ED that are interviewing now, because mine were also only in October.Everyone with II’s, when I scheduled mine on 9/1, I could only choose late October dates. Is that the same for you guys?
I'm RD (Complete 08/10) and interviewing tomorrow. OOS II received 08/23.
Maybe those of us in the next wave (9/1 and 9/2 invites) had to select October dates only! Would make sense if you guys filled up the September dates [emoji4] good luck tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I received a secondary invite email in late July and am still waiting for the email with the link. I emailed the email provided for any questions.
([email protected]) twice now, and still no response. Anybody in the same situation/know what to do? I am interested in the school! Also looked through junk many times, and still nothing!
Email says this "On behalf of the College of Medicine Admission Committee, I invite you to complete a secondary application for NEOMED. Very shortly you should be receiving another, second email from NEOMED via AMCAS. The NEOMED secondary application should be available to you by clicking the PURL link in that email"
But I never received anything afterwards 🙁
I received a secondary invite email in late July and am still waiting for the email with the link. I emailed the email provided for any questions.
([email protected]) twice now, and still no response. Anybody in the same situation/know what to do? I am interested in the school! Also looked through junk many times, and still nothing!
Email says this "On behalf of the College of Medicine Admission Committee, I invite you to complete a secondary application for NEOMED. Very shortly you should be receiving another, second email from NEOMED via AMCAS. The NEOMED secondary application should be available to you by clicking the PURL link in that email"
But I never received anything afterwards 🙁
Last edited:
Hi all,
I received a secondary invite email in late July and am still waiting for the email with the link. I emailed the email provided for any questions
([email protected]) twice now, and still no response. Anybody in the same situation/know what to do? I am interested in the school! Also looked through junk many times, and still nothing!
AAMC MSAR offers this phone number: (330) 325-6266. Might be worth a shot to call? Sorry to hear you’re in a holding pattern
I don't have stats, but anecdotally, your odds are good.Does anyone have stats on ED applicants/ post II acceptance rate? Interviewing 9/13 IS Early Decision
sydnie_lee29
Full Member
Interviewed today (virtual), everyone was very warm, kind and welcoming. Definitely nothing to be nervous about at all, it was very conversational. Be yourself, and you'll do great. Best of luck to everyone!
I agree w this, this was definitely the most relaxed and chill interview I’ve had so far 🙂) I hope they tell us soon haha
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
They said yesterday that they don’t anticipate making any decisions until November/December. I’m guessing that’s for RD so if you’re ED then maybe you’ll hear back soon!I agree w this, this was definitely the most relaxed and chill interview I’ve had so far 🙂) I hope they tell us soon haha
Hey everyone!
I'm curious if NEOMED accepts AP credit (assuming that one's AP credit got accepted by their undergraduate university).
I saw on the MSAR it is a case-by-case basis. But also there is nothing on their website that says anything. I got an II and I would rather give up my spot to someone else if I can't even go to the school due to my courses.
I'm curious if NEOMED accepts AP credit (assuming that one's AP credit got accepted by their undergraduate university).
I saw on the MSAR it is a case-by-case basis. But also there is nothing on their website that says anything. I got an II and I would rather give up my spot to someone else if I can't even go to the school due to my courses.
I would call and ask themHey everyone!
I'm curious if NEOMED accepts AP credit (assuming that one's AP credit got accepted by their undergraduate university).
I saw on the MSAR it is a case-by-case basis. But also there is nothing on their website that says anything. I got an II and I would rather give up my spot to someone else if I can't even go to the school due to my courses.
😅 I did and no one picked up. Also emailed them too. I left a voicemail so hopefully someone will call me back soon 🙂I would call and ask them
that's weird maybe give a call back after lunch or something, but I wish you luck my friend😅 I did and no one picked up. Also emailed them too. I left a voicemail so hopefully someone will call me back soon 🙂
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Nope, found out during the interviewDo we know who our interviewer is prior to the interview?
william4347
Full Member
Is anybody who interviewed already willing to share any tips or questions that could help out future interviewers?
hi! could you talk about community engagement at neomed? what types of service and community-based opportunities do you have (like student run free clinics etc.?)? do you guys have tracks, like global health, rural health, urban health, etc..Current NEOMED m2 student here if anyone has any questions about the school or anything let me know
how about collaboration? would you say student body is collaborative?
how is grading structured? p/f or graded?
how is the diversity of the student body?
how much time do you get for dedicated studying for step?
how does administration get feedback from students, if they do at all? are they receptive to student feedback?
what do you do for fun on the weekends or after an exam?
can you describe the surrounding area? demographics, clinical opportunities, how many hospitals, crime rate, research, underserved populations?
OOS II this morning! Complete email 9/12 (submitted secondary 8/31) uGPA 3.1 grad GPA 3.9 MCAT 515
prevet or premed?
Full Member
Does anyone know if you can get in-state tuition after your first year at NEOMED? on MSAR it says you can but don't see it on their website. Just see the hefty 125k for OOS 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that Ohio schools are legally obligated to offer this after the first year of school. I'll try to find that in writing somewhere and attach it here!Does anyone know if you can get in-state tuition after your first year at NEOMED? on MSAR it says you can but don't see it on their website. Just see the hefty 125k for OOS 😵
Does anyone know if you can get in-state tuition after your first year at NEOMED? on MSAR it says you can but don't see it on their website. Just see the hefty 125k for OOS 😵
I just graduated a SMP in Ohio, it’s confusing but I think the idea is that Ohio allow you to claim residency for tuition purpose after 1 year of living in the state, plus being self-sufficient. Self-sufficient meaning you can’t have financial support from OOS like being on your parents’ tax return, but living on student loans suffice the requirements. I know OSU have a official site explains this and I would imagine NEOMED is the same policy.
william4347
Full Member
They said yesterday that they don’t anticipate making any decisions until November/December. I’m guessing that’s for RD so if you’re ED then maybe you’ll hear back soon!
Where did you hear this from?
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
During my interviewWhere did you hear this from?
prevet or premed?
Full Member
gotcha, thanks for the great info!I just graduated a SMP in Ohio, it’s confusing but I think the idea is that Ohio allow you to claim residency for tuition purpose after 1 year of living in the state, plus being self-sufficient. Self-sufficient meaning you can’t have financial support from OOS like being on your parents’ tax return, but living on student loans suffice the requirements. I know OSU have a official site explains this and I would imagine NEOMED is the same policy.
william4347
Full Member
During my interview
Any tips on the interview I have mine tomorrow?
Complete 9/25 and II 9/28. Wow, that was fast! In-state, pseudo-trad 3.6c/3.5s 518 MCAT. Excited for the next steps!
What was your ca$perComplete 9/25 and II 9/28. Wow, that was fast! In-state, pseudo-trad 3.6c/3.5s 518 MCAT. Excited for the next steps!
Top quartileWhat was your ca$per
Mr. Reggie Carter
Full Member
Hey, can I ask when you were complete?II this afternoon (9/28)! Secondary complete on 9/25. MCAT:513, cGPA:3.7, sGPA:3.6 and 2nd quartile ca$per. Current earliest interview days are mid Nov and lots of slots beyond that!
Is there a cut off for their secondaries? I received the email on 08/22 that they received my app but no secondary yet. OOS, but neighboring, 499, nontrad with postbacc.
Was marked complete 9/25 like I mentionedHey, can I ask when you were complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am OOS and have an interview on Oct 25! Received my II on 9/1. Was complete on 8/29.Any OOS applicants receive II yet? I'm OOS, secondary received 7/26, complete 8/14.
I'm OOS and interviewed in early September. I think I was complete around 8/1. If you're not rejected you're still in it! Good luckAny OOS applicants receive II yet? I'm OOS, secondary received 7/26, complete 8/14.
prevet or premed?
Full Member
My interviewer said not until December or January 🙁Anyone who interviewed in September know if we'll have a decision on the 17th? Or when decisions are supposed to come out?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K