2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this has been discussed already, but is there not a certain amount of time you will hear about your interview results (i.e. some schools will say you will hear results back in 3-4 weeks.) Just been seeing people say that NEOMED will let them know in December or November.
 
I know this has been discussed already, but is there not a certain amount of time you will hear about your interview results (i.e. some schools will say you will hear results back in 3-4 weeks.) Just been seeing people say that NEOMED will let them know in December or November.
I asked them this as well in my interview and they said that they do results in batches, they said they might send out some in December around their winter break, but otherwise we will hear from them in February. They said their decisions are still made on a rolling basis... hope this helps!
 
I asked them this as well in my interview and they said that they do results in batches, they said they might send out some in December around their winter break, but otherwise we will hear from them in February. They said their decisions are still made on a rolling basis... hope this helps!
Thank you! That helps a lot!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed here not too long ago and enjoyed the experience... I know everyone says "oh it's conversational," but this truly felt like a conversation and the interviewer was really smooth with how they asked questions. It flowed very well. Low pressure, low anxiety (coming from someone with anxiety lol). I hope this is comforting for future nervous interviewees!
 
Marked complete on 8/25 and have not gotten an email since. Anyone else in the same boat?

Edit: Im OOS
I was marked completed on 8/24 and have not receive any emails since then. Also OOS. Its a long process and tbh we will not know when we will hear back. Just have to be patient which is really hard to do.
 
has anyone who interviewed received a decision yet? I interviewed on 9/27 and am still waiting to hear back but wanted to get an idea of when I could expect to hear back
 
Did anybody attend yesterday's post interview Q & A information session? I was interviewed in mid OCT and didn't hear anything. When are we expecting decision?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in early October and did a campus visit a week later. They told me they accept a small initial batch in December and that most people hear back in late February into March.
 
I interviewed in early October and did a campus visit a week later. They told me they accept a small initial batch in December and that most people hear back in late February into March.
Is there a way to schedule a campus visit before receiving II?

I've been there briefly to meet one of the adcoms/deans but this was pre-pandemic. Unfortunately at the time it didn't seem to go too well, he/she was pushing me to apply DO instead of NEOMED (I was planning to anyways and applied broadly to both).

I'd very much like to stay in Northeast Ohio, so I can be close to family and practice here afterward.
 
I'm sorry, and I am someone who has no real idea of what all goes into the admissions process, but is it not at least a little bit crazy to have people not hear back for months after interviewing? I would think they would want to be faster so they can accept quality students before they go elsewhere. What am I missing, and why is it making me frustrated? Lol
 
Does anyone know if NEOMED considers the AAMC PREview exam? I know it isn’t required but I had to take it for another school a little while back and figured I would add it to my file if they would consider it.
 
Is there a way to schedule a campus visit before receiving II?

I've been there briefly to meet one of the adcoms/deans but this was pre-pandemic. Unfortunately at the time it didn't seem to go too well, he/she was pushing me to apply DO instead of NEOMED (I was planning to anyways and applied broadly to both).

I'd very much like to stay in Northeast Ohio, so I can be close to family and practice here afterward.
You can sign up for a visit on the website (Visit NEOMED | Pharmacy, Medical & Graduate School | Northeast Ohio). It included a presentation about the program, Q&A with current students, and a short tour through their academic building. I went because I am from Ohio so the drive was not much, but I am not even sure if this way of showing interest is something they take into account with your decision.
 
I'm sorry, and I am someone who has no real idea of what all goes into the admissions process, but is it not at least a little bit crazy to have people not hear back for months after interviewing? I would think they would want to be faster so they can accept quality students before they go elsewhere. What am I missing, and why is it making me frustrated? Lol
A majority of the schools I interviewed at only release decisions in February. I think the reasoning behind that is that with regular rolling admissions schools have to become more and more selective later in the cycle and they might reject someone who would have been accepted earlier on in the cycle so by waiting until all interviews are done to finalize the list it makes sure they are not skipping over talent. It sucks for those of us waiting but I get why they do it. Even if the "quality students" get an acceptance from other schools earlier on, we only make our final decision in like early July so it's not like the school is losing its chance with those students by accepting them at a later date.
 
I feel like by taking so long to make a decision, they could potentially lose quality applicants... For example, I am accepted elsewhere and would rather accept and know where I am going ASAP than wait and have uncertainty. For this reason, I withdrew my application at NEOMED. As much as I liked the program, I disliked having to wait this long compared to other programs. I feel like this could be the case for many applicants that would be admitted to multiple programs. There is something to be said about knowing where you are going and eliminating the stress in this process sooner rather than later. I do realize that is just my opinion and each person's situation is different. I wish everyone the best of luck and if anyone has questions about anything feel free to PM!
 
I feel like by taking so long to make a decision, they could potentially lose quality applicants... For example, I am accepted elsewhere and would rather accept and know where I am going ASAP than wait and have uncertainty. For this reason, I withdrew my application at NEOMED. As much as I liked the program, I disliked having to wait this long compared to other programs. I feel like this could be the case for many applicants that would be admitted to multiple programs. There is something to be said about knowing where you are going and eliminating the stress in this process sooner rather than later. I do realize that is just my opinion and each person's situation is different. I wish everyone the best of luck and if anyone has questions about anything feel free to PM!
THIS
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Officially moved decisions to February. SMH, this is the third school that has sent me an email like this. As far as I know, there isn't any major increase in applicants this year. Why are so many schools falling behind.
 
Just got that same email. Saying that they did the final review of my application after interviewing but they aren't releasing decisions till first week of Feb.