-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
when were you accepted, last Wednesday?are there any current students here who can message me! I was accepted recently but have a good amount of questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can find the zoom link on the secondary portalwhen do they usually send the zoom link for the interview??
Auditory Gain
Full Member
Did y'all only get interviewed by MDs or did any PhDs help in interview?
M.D. AlumnsDid y'all only get interviewed by MDs or did any PhDs help in interview?
I got interviewed with someone who had a DO but used to work at NeomedDid y'all only get interviewed by MDs or did any PhDs help in interview?
MuscleCarDoc
Full Member
My interview was with someone from the admissions team.Did y'all only get interviewed by MDs or did any PhDs help in interview?
Mine was MD clinical facultyDid y'all only get interviewed by MDs or did any PhDs help in interview?
sameMine was MD clinical faculty
Auditory Gain
Full Member
Thanks! Just being neurotic thinking if I need to know more about the research they do there. (Although not interested in PhD)
My advice would be know your application in and out. My interviewer really combed through my app and pulled out very little details, which is awesome, but just be prepared for it!Thanks! Just being neurotic thinking if I need to know more about the research they do there. (Although not interested in PhD)
Auditory Gain
Full Member
I appreciate it. I forgot secondary had its own personal statement lol, so gotta go through that as well.My advice would be know your application in and out. My interviewer really combed through my app and pulled out very little details, which is awesome, but just be prepared for it!
Good luck!I appreciate it. I forgot secondary had its own personal statement lol, so gotta go through that as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, I'm trying not to be a neurotic weirdo. But, after interviewing in September and feeling pretty confident, then seeing other people who interviewed later on get accepted, I can't help but feel as though those of us who interviewed before Christmas and didn't get an acceptance email last week are destined for the initial waitlist whenever they decide to send that out. Anyone else?
I don't think so. It seems like this school is just releasing decisions in batches. Like some people reported interviewing in oct, nov and sept that got A's last week. I interviewed end of september, but a this point really hard to know.Alright, I'm trying not to be a neurotic weirdo. But, after interviewing in September and feeling pretty confident, then seeing other people who interviewed later on get accepted, I can't help but feel as though those of us who interviewed before Christmas and didn't get an acceptance email last week are destined for the initial waitlist whenever they decide to send that out. Anyone else?
*edit: haven't received a decision after my interview yet
I hope you're right. But it just doesn't make sense why only a handful of people would get the A email, even those that interviewed months after others. The only explanation that makes sense is everyone else is going on the WL. Which makes me sad because my stats were above both averages for accepted students at NEOMED, I've lived my entire life within a 30 minute radius of the school, and like most people thought my interview was great. I really do hope you are right, though.I don't think so. It seems like this school is just releasing decisions in batches. Like some people reported interviewing in oct, nov and sept that got A's last week. I interviewed end of september, but a this point really hard to know.
*edit: haven't received a decision after my interview yet
I think its hard to know because NEOMED is different with how they are releasing decisions than other schools. Even different than how they did it last year (if you look at past threads).I hope you're right. But it just doesn't make sense why only a handful of people would get the A email, even those that interviewed months after others. The only explanation that makes sense is everyone else is going on the WL. Which makes me sad because my stats were above both averages for accepted students at NEOMED, I've lived my entire life within a 30 minute radius of the school, and like most people thought my interview was great. I really do hope you are right, though.
last year Dec 15th they released a bunch of As and then 2 days later the WL notifcations came out. This year it’s been a week since that initial batch and nothing yet. Surely if they had the WL they’d have released it by now, which makes me hope there’s more As coming. We will see.I hope you're right. But it just doesn't make sense why only a handful of people would get the A email, even those that interviewed months after others. The only explanation that makes sense is everyone else is going on the WL. Which makes me sad because my stats were above both averages for accepted students at NEOMED, I've lived my entire life within a 30 minute radius of the school, and like most people thought my interview was great. I really do hope you are right, though.
D
deleted1140198
WaitlistI have recieved an email but have not yet had the courage to open it. Has anyone else recoirved one and opened it?
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Just got the WL email a few minutes ago also. Interviewed 9/7.
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
+1Waitlist
WL email for me too... So what was that WL movement like in past years?
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
so is everybody who interviews placed on the alternate list or do they also send rejection
On there email in the past it says they do do rejections.so is everybody who interviews placed on the alternate list or do they also send rejection
WL this AM... OOS. Thankful to have other acceptances and will likely be attending one of my in-state schools! NEOMED's OOS tuition is wild
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
Just got Waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got waitlisted today - interviewed 10/13 and thought it went great, complete confirmation on 8/15 though I submitted the secondary 7/30, I'm IS
WL
Thenyfootballgiants
New Member
Waitlisted as well, interviewed 10/27, OOS.
felinedragon
Full Member
Waitlisted. OOS with ties (went to college in Ohio). Mcat 515, sgpa 3.35 cgpa 3.55. interviewed 10/07
interviewed at 2 schools, waitlisted at 2 schools 🙃. I know waitlist movement is pretty good, but knowing that I have to start prepping my reapplication since I'll only know in May/June is so depressing and demoralizing.
interviewed at 2 schools, waitlisted at 2 schools 🙃. I know waitlist movement is pretty good, but knowing that I have to start prepping my reapplication since I'll only know in May/June is so depressing and demoralizing.
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
Also got a waitlist today. I am really surprised. I live close by, did a campus visit, interviewed really early in the cycle, and have higher stats than their average. Oh well. Good luck to everyone in getting off the WL!
Exact same here lolAlso got a waitlist today. I am really surprised. I live close by, did a campus visit, interviewed really early in the cycle, and have higher stats than their average. Oh well. Good luck to everyone in getting off the WL!
lilypad1511
Full Member
WL too, IS, interviewed 1/13
prevet or premed?
Full Member
WL interviewed 9/29. waited so long for nothing😭
not nothing, you weren’t rejected, there’s good waitlist movement, you’re still very much in the game. Have faith friend.WL interviewed 9/29. waited so long for nothing😭
jjll
Full Member
That was a fast turn around.WL too, IS, interviewed 1/13
WL, interviewed 9/7
If you are reading this, and are WL, the vast majority of candidates are WL prior to acceptance. Current data on AAMC website says 450 WL spots and 190 As, of course not all matriculate but 190As sent from WL. That’s a 42% chance. If you’re from the area and high stat, you’re likely going to be in that 42% before orientation begins. Hang tight, enjoy yourself, spend time with loved ones, and have Faith.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any idea when they stop sending out II?
yes they are interchangeable terms for NEOMED.
I assume alternate list is the same as WL?
Gotcha, well WL email today as an IS applicant and interviewed 11/18yes they are interchangeable terms for NEOMED.
lilypad1511
Full Member
Crazy fast right! Trying not to read too much into it now…That was a fast turn around.
Does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 219K